Springfield Expansion | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great video.

It would of been great if the individual saucers spun and well as going up and down. It still looks like a fun ride for the kids to enjoy

I'm liking the new area, but a few comments:

(1) When I went last Sunday the park was not very crowded at all, however they were still making all guests go through only one entrance (Krusty Burger). No employee was outside any of the other entrances, but after you went inside the doors they would tell you to go back outside and go around. Harry Potter style crowd control in a non crowded area. Hmm.

(2) The wait was not that long for food, however they would not let anyone just walk up closer to the mini restaurants just to see what they looked like and what they offered. To be fair, they do have menus they hand to everyone in line, however when another member of my party tried to bring it to the rest of our party waiting inside Moe's they told us we could not walk around with the menu and took it back.

(3) The vast majority of tables in all rooms were empty, however many had reserved signs on them. This is because you can only sit there if you have food in your hand and you are seated by an employee. Okay that is fair, but they also ask how many people in your party, and if you have a small party (such as two people) it didn't seem like they would be allowed to seat you in many places.

(4) Biggest negative: I tried to order Duff Dry at Moe's and was informed that Duff Dry is only available at Moe's Express. However Moe's Express can only be accessed by waiting in the food line, despite the area at and around Moe's Express being completely devoid of people. After my disappointment at this (and several other guests experiencing the same thing in a matter of just a few minutes), the bartender said he would run over to Moe's Express himself and bring the drinks over to us. Thumbs up for that! :happy:

I maybe could understand the above comments if it was crowded, but like I said most tables were empty, food line was relatively short, and most of the stools at Moe's bar were empty. This was mid-afternoon last Sunday.

Duff Dry will be available at Moes along with a few other treats in the future. Once Duff Gardens and its full bar opens Moes won't see as many people.