Springfield Expansion | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great photos, thanks! The area looks fantastic.

I always assumed the Lard Lad statue would sit on top of the roof of the donut store. I know it's not like that in the show, but it's in such a random spot right now.

Thanks for the images everyone. This looks absolutely awesome!

Incredibly faithful recreation of the show with great touches of humor, even in the menus. Huge kudos to UC! Can't wait to see the finishing touches.

Isn't the back end of the police car supposed to be in the air? And why isn't the hydrant spraying water?

I agree that each of the statues seem too lined up and not in any purposeful location. Perhaps it is just the photos.

The hydrant was on briefly but they quickly shut it off, I overheard something about adjusting water pressure. The drainage is around the Jebadiah statue...

That all looks so great! I think this may be the only time in theme park history where the final product matched the concept art

And I am grateful they didn't go the 2D cut-out route for the characters. I would love if all of the characters in Marvel Super Hero Island were re-made as 3D figures, like this.

It all looks fantastic. If I had to nitpick, I would say I'm disappointed in the lack of appetizers at Duff. I was hoping for more bar-ish offerings. But I'll still drink there, for sure :lol:

It all looks fantastic. If I had to nitpick, I would say I'm disappointed in the lack of appetizers at Duff. I was hoping for more bar-ish offerings. But I'll still drink there, for sure :lol:

I felt the same way ! I don't know many brewery's that serve fruit salad o_O lol

Did the Welcome to Springfield sign make the cut?

I LOVE IT!!!!

Though I am disappointed by whatever Lard Lad is standing on (unless it is canon). It looks like a piece of plywood in a very random position. But the rest looks great! I'm also hoping the "Welcome to Springfield" sign is there.

So is Chief Wiggum's water feature just not on yet? Or was it cut?

Maybe they aren't blasting the water until the street is painted:shrug:

It could be because its so new and still tweaking things or are missing equipment. I am surprised that it isnt a full bar though.

As I said yesterday once the fence was gone there are numerous things that will still need to be done. This isn't "open" so to speak. Consider this an extended soft opening and you will see new additions and numerous changes and updates throughout August. Everyone just needs to chillax and enjoy this. You will not be disappointed once its 100% complete.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping it was full liquor also

I'm almost positive a full bar is still coming

From Orlando Attractions Magazine.

[video=youtube;RvBhxwFMaOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvBhxwFMaOw[/video]

Looks amazing!

Reactions: Felipe