Springfield Expansion | Page 332 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is concept art of the early 'cartoon-erversal' concept with Simpsons that Universal had before IOA...I'll have to look around for it

EDIT: Look here ----> http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/5548-Designing-Islands-of-Adventure

Thanks for the link reminder! I wonder if and when they finally do away with the World Expo name, if they might rename the area of KidZone and Springfield to Tooniversal or something along those lines, and then MiB along with an expansion back there could finally become Sci-Fi City :shrug:

Thanks for the link reminder! I wonder if and when they finally do away with the World Expo name, if they might rename the area of KidZone and Springfield to Tooniversal or something along those lines, and then MiB along with an expansion back there could finally become Sci-Fi City :shrug:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Well except for the name "Tooniversal", but I like it.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Well except for the name "Tooniversal", but I like it.

Meh, I don't love the name, but it kinda sounds like what they might try to go for, representing cartoons and Universal. It's better than ToonTopia (see Pantopia :blank:). Maybe something simpler and not composed into one word could work, too. Either way, they need to figure out how to incorporate Springfield into whatever major area, so it isn't just on it's own. And it doesn't work as part of World Expo. They need to do something about it.

Meh, I don't love the name, but it kinda sounds like what they might try to go for, representing cartoons and Universal. It's better than ToonTopia (see Pantopia :blank:). Maybe something simpler and not composed into one word could work, too. Either way, they need to figure out how to incorporate Springfield into whatever major area, so it isn't just on it's own. And it doesn't work as part of World Expo. They need to do something about it.

In my concept I put "Cartoon World" as a place holder for the name :rofl: I like "Cartooniversal", it's just a little cheesy but it flows right off the tongue and it's a cartoon area (allowed to be cheesy :thumbs:).

Welp, finally went to Simpsons land for the first time Wednesday.....loved it so much we changed our plans to go to IOA again on Thanksgiving, and decided to come back to UNI (more for my 48" 5 year old to do there)....and had Simpsons for our family thanksgiving dinner. I had the chicken waffle sandwich two days in a row. Add a duff beer in the beautifully themed moes bar and I was in heaven!!!

Holy moly, we were in that area for about 2 hours each day, so many pictures, enjoying the sights, it was fantastic!!

In my concept I put "Cartoon World" as a place holder for the name :rofl: I like "Cartooniversal", it's just a little cheesy but it flows right off the tongue and it's a cartoon area (allowed to be cheesy :thumbs:).

I prefer the "minilands" of various different cities within the film world (KidZone should try and be a locale of some sort besides a Six Flags kids area :lol:) Tokyo, Transylvania and Bikini Bottom seem like the most obvious cities they could build (Syfy City doesn't work since T2 3D, E.T., and Transformers aren't near MIB)

I was in the park today and Springfield was blocked off--to get to Simpsons or Men in Black from KidZone, you had to go around the other side of the Simpsons showbuilding. Anyone know why?

Why doesn't Kodos & Kang exist on the interactive map on Universal's website? Actually, it doesn't even exist on their website at all.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Kodos & Kang exist on the interactive map on Universal's website? Actually, it doesn't even exist on their website at all.
Heck, it doesn't exist on the PHYSICAL maps in the park!
If I recall correctly, they're still battling some legal issues on the name of the Springfield expansion.

Had a Chicken and Waffle Sandwhich with CURLY FRIES yesterday lol

Note that the interactive map has not been updated for any of the expansion, including Duff Gardens and Fast Food Boulevard.

Over the weekend, I tried the Korean Beef Tacos (really good), the Bait platter (surprisingly good) and the Apple Fritter from Lard Lad (awesome and HUGE). I wasn't sure why the girl asked me if I wanted it in a box. Then I saw the size of it and I was like "BOX. Box please." This place is going to make me/keep me so fat.

If you'll excuse the shameless self-promotion, I'm proud to say the new Winter issue of Orlando Attractions Magazine with my cover story on the Simpsons expansion is now available, with 6 full-color pages including an interview with Mike West. I can't provide the link, but you can pick up a copy at the candy store in CityWalk (at least until that closes...)
IMG_1651.JPG