Springfield Expansion | Page 330 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But, when you start switching labels very bizarre things happen. When sampling Coke from a bottle marked Pepsi, the results are all over the map due to preconditioning and brand recognition.

That's literally the only point I was trying to make. I have my masters in advertising, I know what I'm talking about :lol:...we have established that the food is tasty and its not completely psychological, back on topic

Natespf is correct about the Pepsi Challenge. It has been debunked by numerous marketing studies.
The Pepsi Challenge only works with small servings. In small 3-4oz servings, the sweeter beverage, namely Pepsi, wins. However, when blind taste test participants are asked to finish 12oz servings and compare flavors CocaCola Classic wins by a hefty margin.
But, when you start switching labels very bizarre things happen. When sampling Coke from a bottle marked Pepsi, the results are all over the map due to preconditioning and brand recognition.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for pointing out that I am not crazy.

That's literally the only point I was trying to make. I have my masters in advertising, I know what I'm talking about :lol:...we have established that the food is tasty and its not completely psychological, back on topic

Like I said I understood the point you were trying to make, only pointing out that the "Pepsi Challenge" does not fit into that point. Tests where we have an explanation as to why, as well as test that do not narrow it down to one possibility don't help. For example when testing the brands, most do not distinguish between advertising and each participants previous personal experience with the brand. I know there was a test where they monitored brain activity, and about 75% of the people experienced positive effects in the part of the brain related to taste when presented with Coke.

It is an interesting subject, and the reason I am on this forum is to discuss topics that I find interesting but my IRL friends do not. But please do not twist my words around in order to throw out facts I am presenting. I do not just want to present facts, I also want to hear facts from yourself and others on the forum. If all sides are open for a discussion we are better off.

Last edited:
Let's not forget the entire family is already featured on the Simpsons Ride sign.

Simpsonsride1.jpg

Bill Davis was touring several reps from Fox through Springfield earlier today.

Let's not forget the entire family is already featured on the Simpsons Ride sign.

Simpsonsride1.jpg

Fun fact, the only reason that the statue of the Simpsons in the ride veichle is there, is because it covers the pole that the old glass back to the future sign was.

Fun fact, the only reason that the statue of the Simpsons in the ride veichle is there, is because it covers the pole that the old glass back to the future sign was.

Fun fact, this is not true. The sign is in a different location, and that whole area was redone. The front of the building was bumped out with the carnival look and Krusty's head.

(in the tone of the master from Steak n Shake commercials)
One must put a BS filter on all you hear, and only repeat what thyself believe to be true.

:lol:

Reactions: Andy
Not sure if these recent enhancements have been mentioned here, but I hadn't been to Universal for nearly a month and noticed these few things:
DSC_0429.JPG

Radioactive Man mural
DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

New signage by Lard Lad
DSC_0462.JPG

That green wall appears to be new

Reactions: natespf
Again Springfield isn't complete and numerous little to medium size additions and changes are still to come. Groening appears to be a bigger pain in the ass than Rowling...