Springfield | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Three Broomsticks is the same as Fast Food Boulevard: a counter service venue. Maybe you're thinking of The Leaky Cauldron, as they do bring your food to you.

Either way, it's all but confirmed that our Fast Food Boulevard will work the same way as it does in Florida. Pick one of the many mini-venues within the food court, take your food to the register, and find a seat somewhere.
Sorry, im meant leaky cauldron, I got confused. :( Yeah, I guess they will keep the same process as Orlando.

Last edited by a moderator:
10599421_784560821637511_8606768974798731133_n.jpg

Saw this pic on my Facebook feed, shows how Springfield looks at night. Pretty cool!

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing the photo! That lighting for that sign looks awesome, I can't wait to see what the rest of the signage will look like after dark.
Thanks! I agree... the place should look amazing during HHN or just in general at night. Amazing to think our Springfield looks like thinks compared to Orlando's. Opening can't come soon enough!

Absolutely cannot wait for the Aztec Theater to recieve its neon sign.
I'm really hoping the sign is actually made of actual neon tubing. The words "Krusty Burger" on the Krusty Burger sign in USF are made up of neon tubes (just like a regular neon), while ours has those blocky semi-transluscent letters with lights inside of them instead. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't cheap out on this one, but given the stunning Springfield Nuclear Power Plant signage, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Seating on top, very limited seating on bottom.
No seating on first floor.  There will be an elevator for disabled guests.

Hopefully there's more than one stairwell, and they're wide enough to accommodate herds of guests going up and down them with trays of food.
I believe there are two...maybe three.

The Three Broomsticks is the same as Fast Food Boulevard: a counter service venue. Maybe you're thinking of The Leaky Cauldron, as they do bring your food to you.

Either way, it's all but confirmed that our Fast Food Boulevard will work the same way as it does in Florida. Pick one of the many mini-venues within the food court, take your food to the register, and find a seat somewhere.
I have heard the rumor that our Springfield may not be like Orlando's walk up and may become more of a Leaky Cauldron style to allow for prices to increase because of service.  This will also eliminate the "walking up the stairs with food trays" problem.  This is still rumor and I must add that I do not like this idea.

I'm really hoping the sign is actually made of actual neon tubing. The words "Krusty Burger" on the Krusty Burger sign in USF are made up of neon tubes (just like a regular neon), while ours has those blocky semi-transluscent letters with lights inside of them instead. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't cheap out on this one, but given the stunning Springfield Nuclear Power Plant signage, I don't think we'll be disappointed.
Florida's sign looks very cheap in person. I prefer the covered neon tubing myself, but I guess we'll see!

Here are a good chunk of photos I took yesterday (lots of cool progress being made!):

16422808167_7eb6bbe30c_z.jpg

Duff Brewery is coming!

16628341821_7df084b295_z.jpg

Possible entrance to the Brewery.

16009681853_8a6ab6c968_z.jpg

Another look at the façade. Notice that the smokestacks have scaffolding on them now..!

16442479730_a75613fca5_z.jpg

The future site of Phineas Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor.

16628777162_01dcbcd90a_z.jpg

A better view of the grimy Moe's sign.

16009695113_809b1d9b06_z.jpg

A new view of the Kwik-E-Mart with a crosswalk, trees, and the Springfield DMV surrounding it.

16444305979_2ffe8ecc64_z.jpg

An unfortunately noticeable food court behind the Springfield façades.

16603462976_edf7a0c527_z.jpg

Aside from the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, the underside of the Krusty Burger roofing is the only other part of Springfield with exterior lighting.

I will note that Lard Lad Donuts could be seen through a crack in the construction walls yesterday. I didn't want to get in any trouble by taking a photo, so a description will have to suffice. Basically, it looks nearly done. There is already lighting pointed toward a blank panel that will soon feature the signage for the venue, which is placed above the large windows that let you see inside the workstation. Below those windows are small service windows that slide back and forth so guests can order and receive their food. Everything I just mentioned is framed in purple paneling. Lighting inside is already functional, and I noticed pastry displays already placed behind the windows to display the donuts. The building is painted baby blue, and I noticed some sort of wiring sticking out of the wall next to the window which will soon support a large donut adornment (if they stick to the concept art).

I think that noticeable food court could be covered up once that Barney's Bowl-O-Rama sign comes into place. Based off the concept art, it looks fairly big. Actually, are they even still going along with it? The color of the building doesn't match the one seen in the concept art, unless it's a primer... Really curious as to what happened. Great photos by the way!

Reactions: William
Thanks! I suppose that's a good point. They should still be going with the design, shown in the concept art, as it wouldn't make sense for them to alter just one façade/venue, but you're definitely right about it looking inaccurate. From the dark orange color to the brickwork, it looks nothing like it does in the show. It'd be a shame not to see the huge neon Bowlarama sign alongside the one for the Aztec Theater.

Reactions: chris.g
Yeah at this point Barney's bowlarama doesn't look like it might be happening or at least the version on the concept isnt coming to life

It could've simply been a design modification. It wouldn't be the first, as Lard Lad Donut's color scheme was different in the concept art than it is now after fruition. Maybe they went with a simple brick design all around so that the side facing The Three Broomsticks could simply be recolored instead of redesigned? Who knows.

It could've simply been a design modification. It wouldn't be the first, as Lard Lad Donut's color scheme was different in the concept art than it is now after fruition. Maybe they went with a simple brick design all around so that the side facing The Three Broomsticks could simply be recolored instead of redesigned? Who knows.
Is the big Lard Lad statue now in place?

Is the big Lard Lad statue now in place?
Not yet. Believe me, I would've posted +5 photos of that alone! 

Now that you mention it, though, I did see some sort of long yellow strip of fabric or tape (not quite sure) hanging from the top of the Springfield General Hospital façade all the way down to the roof of Lard Lad's. I imagine it has something to do with the eventual placement of the statue as the strip was hanging just behind the spot where it'll be standing. Maybe some sort of measuring tape? Not quite sure why they'd need that, though.

Reactions: Imdbman