Springfield | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given Universal's track record of improving upon first incarnations. I think it's safe to say that many of us will be pleasantly satisfied with the interiors of FFBLVD. Just look at the facade after all. The thing is just made of eye candy.

Reactions: JaySalahi
My source told me that there is going to be theming. How detailed I don't know. But for example he said that when you eat in the prision, the inside will look like a prison with tagging and writings on the wall.same goes for the school and police station. But im calling BS on it lol

Reactions: Imdbman
Okay, here's the shot of trees.  Sorry for delay.

Springfield_030415_1.jpg

And here's one of KrustyLu Studios sign getting laid out on the building.

Springfield_030415_2.jpg

Lot's of busy bees...err, workers, all over Springfield today.  Here they are at Luigi's (is that what this is?)

Springfield_030415_3.jpg

Duff's is taking shape nicely, I think.  I suspect it's going to be more impressive than Florida.

Springfield_030415_4.jpg

Great photos! To answer your question, that's the former entrance of Luigi's as well as the old Ben & Jerry's location. That particular section they're painting will be Phineas Q. Butterfat's Ice Cream Parlor.

Looks like I was dead wrong about Krustylu Studios. Still not sure why they went through with that given its inaccuracy. Oh, well.

You can already tell how stunning the Aztec Theater is gonna look with all of that neon tubing!
I was about to say Krustylu Studios is usually always paired with Channel 6 Studios. While the look may not be accurate it makes sense they are together. Not complaining though, more signs to light up at night :D

Seeing SES stages behind the new facades really makes me wish it would just go away once and for all. Maybe they could put some sort of Springfield play land with more flat rides or something in that spot. It just clashes too harshly with Springfield now.

Reactions: 12th Man
Oh, the return of the Kang & Kodos rumors!

According to the infamous Evolution Plan, SES (or the Castle Theatre in its entirety, rather) is supposed to be demolished for a future attraction somewhere down the road. This could, however, have changed since the introduction of the plan, as seen with WaterWorld's supposed demolition being overshadowed by its grandiose improvements.

I think they'll focus on the lower lot (stage 28, adjacent sound stages, etc) before the start working on replacing SES. But if anything replaces SES, it should be a nice sized attraction. Maybe they could even combine SES and Animal Actors' land for one larger attraction in the future.

But I would not like to see more Simpsons expansion. We'll have more than enough :)

At this point, I think it would make sense for Universal to replace more than on old attraction at a time since they're so invested in creating cohesive lands now. Replacing Animal Actors and SES together could be a smart move.

I guess this is why USH is removing shows. Seems most of you want the shows gone and I suspect that's the same with the general guest population. A playland rather than a show.

I guess this is why USH is removing shows. Seems most of you want the shows gone and I suspect that's the same with the general guest population. A playland rather than a show.
Aha no no no, not me! No more playlands, this isn't chuckie cheese! Super Silly Fun Land is more than enough. I'd want to see a nice dark ride or experience to replace SES to take advantage of the space. Although I wouldn't be against a brand new show if it had fantastic production value and was exciting, something like Conan or T23D. Or Wicked ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shows are good, but Universal hasn't been able to prove that it's capable of putting a good one on - especially in Hollywood.

^ not recently they haven't that is. All of their older and class is shows had more production value and were more fun to watch, etc. Everything recently has been a half miss, with either overly cheesy and cringe worthy material but good scenery (Creature), just gross and weird (Fear Factor), too scripted and video heavy (SES), etc. If you make a show exciting enough and make it a spectacle, people will like it. Look at WaterWorld and T23D.

^ not recently they haven't that is. All of their older and class is shows had more production value and were more fun to watch, etc. Everything recently has been a half miss, with either overly cheesy and cringe worthy material but good scenery (Creature), just gross and weird (Fear Factor), too scripted and video heavy (SES), etc. If you make a show exciting enough and make it a spectacle, people will like it. Look at WaterWorld and T23D.
I'm obviously referring to the park's recent productions. When have I ever stated that WaterWorld or Terminator were bad shows?

Regardless, I don't understand your point. The creative team behind the shows of the 1980s and 1990s are gone, and the new team has shown that they don't have the same intuition to gauge a good production.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm obviously referring to the park's recent productions. When have I ever stated that WaterWorld or Terminator were bad shows?

Regardless, I don't understand your point. The creative team behind the shows of the 1980s and 1990s are gone, and the new team has shown that they don't have the same intuition to gauge a good production.
I...never said you stated that Jon. I was agreeing with you and simply stating that they HAVE put on good shows in the past, and that they were popular for a reason, but they're in the past (or we only have one left), and that current shows suck. I didn't have a point, was just simply reiterating your exact thoughts about past and current shows. That's all...