Springfield | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^ We will get the Chief Wiggum Statue, but I am unsure about the Jebediah Springfield statue, maybe it will come as a surprise  near the entrance of Springfield. Lots of things are still yet to be added, for instance the atomic symbols in front of the cooling towers. In time, our Springfield will come down to perfection :)

Reactions: William
Wow I am sure glad to see we got the Coke Freestyle. I am dissapointed that we dont get the free refills. This is the first time they brought the new tech to Universal Hollywood. After coming back from UO it is the same tech. 

They also need to put the spinster apartments sign back,& sideshow bob on top of the penitentiary,& yeah the atomic symbol

& yeah chief wiggum as seen in the art & maybe his two friends :/

Hoping it's done next week

April 1st

I can't tell you how blown away I was going to Springfield's soft opening.  I was lucky enough to be the last person to get a Duff Beer at Moe's before closing.  It was $11, a bit pricey, but it was so delicious.  I was lucky enough to be sitting at the billiards table with two cast members I started chatting it up with, and they were clearly exhausted after a long day of opening the Shrek queue and Springfield, but told me that the Grand Opening of the main building is tomorrow, with the rest, including Phineas Q Butterfat and Duff Brewery opening Tuesday!  I got the Chicken and Waffle Sandwich from Cletus' Chicken Shack, which was OK, but I was SO impressed with all the theming, from the wood interiors, antlers to the moonshine and the Spider Pig.  The Krusty Burger and the Krusty Memorabilia room were also a pleasant touch!  And of course, how can you not like the mist coming out of the nuclear reactors.  Arguably, the most amazing thing is how they transformed what was previously very bland with four restaurants total into an incredibly immersive area with more than twice as many dining options!  Overall, amazing in theming and a FAR cry from Orlando's!  Well done Universal Creative!  

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

And last but not least, a photo of me with the 7 Duffs in front of the Duff Brewery.  I know, I'm not photogenic by any means, but I had fun!

IMG_0863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Glad you had fun, bud!!! Pretty fantastic, hu? What wasn't you favorite thing about the chicken and waffle sandwich? Great new profile pic btw! Haha :p

I still find it all hard to believe that this is USH...I can't wait to see it all this Sunday :)

I agree with you, craziest part is that it replaced pretty bland looking locations. I'm still nostalgic about Doc Brown's, but my oh my this is incredible. One of Universal Creative's best projects to date IMO. (If only they put this amount of love, money, detail and resources into the ride and ride facade haha)

Reactions: Imdbman
Seriously bummed I won't get to try anything on the other side of Springfield this Sunday, but nice to know they have their eyes on a completion date.

Wow I am sure glad to see we got the Coke Freestyle. I am dissapointed that we dont get the free refills. This is the first time they brought the new tech to Universal Hollywood. After coming back from UO it is the same tech. 

Coke Freestyle was already in the park prior to Springfield.

Reactions: b4ben24
Yes Coke Freestyle was previously in the park, but not the sensors to track how many times you have filled your cup. This is new to the park starting with Springfield. I was very disappointed to see no refills for free.