Springfield | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's funny, I heard a few radio spots recently for private parties or contests that would be hosted at Universal and they bragged that guests would be "one of the first ever to experience The new Simpsons Ride, and then the new Springfield". Gave me a good laugh. Next thing you're gonna tell me Shrek 4D is all new because of its new queue?

Where there not rumors or word released that both Orlando and Hollywood Simpsons rides would be receiving new projection systems and upgrades? Was this all bogus, canceled, or still planned?
Alot of those radio hosts never have been to theme parks that much. So I wouldn't be suprised if USH told them that the Simpsons was "new". Pretty misleading, but business is business.

I heard a while back that Simpsons will get a refurbishment, but I don't think it will happen till Potter gets done.

I'm not usually the complaining type (in a public forum) but Stu's Disco is rather disappointing to me.  Why isn't the mortar a different color than the brick?  Also, it's been less than a month and these doors are very banged up.  Universal knew large trash bins would be rolling through here going to and from the new trash compactor.  Those stainless steel kick plates at the bottom are something of a joke at this point. There just has to be a better way to do this.  Motorized doors that open wide without getting impacted?  Better paint and more frequent cleaning and touch-ups?  How about painting the doors the same dark color as the trim.  This is the only portion of Springfield that I'd call lame.

Springfield_041015_1.jpg

Stu's paint job is arguably lackluster. You can tell that it was rushed, especially given the numerous color scheme changes. The red paint job came out of nowhere last minute, and it isn't even accurate to the show. It's evident that they hastened to get this building painted one last time because, as noted above, the brick façade has little depth.

Had yet to post my review on Springfield, but here it is. 

Overall, the place looks spectacular, it really does, it's immersive and awesome. The details are there, I love it, the place feels entirely new and made the park feel fresh. I loved it. I ate at Krusty's for lunch and the burger was great... however it reeked of fish for some reason, and it really made me lose my appetite while I ate it. Weird way to describe it, but it was a good patty, it just reeked of fish for some reason. The Krisscut fries were stale however and bland. Very cold and overall, a bit disappointed. The side of coleslaw was nice. 

The employees were also - a bit rude. It was strange, Krusty's side was very nice and welcoming while Cletus's side was very rude and looked like they hated their job. So that kind of made me feel a bit meh. Anyways apart from that the ice cream at Phineas' and Lard Lad's "D'oh-nuts" was REALLY good! Phineas' looked a bit rushed with paint marks here and there but this side of Springfield looked REALLY nice. Ice Cream was great and doh-nut was as well. 

Overall? 8/10 - The experience was great, but the food itself could use some work, as could the employees. Maybe I went on a bad day? We're still a while away from grand opening, so maybe by then things can be a bit better. I'm hoping Springfield doesn't go down hill, lots of potential for such a great area. Kudos Universal!

I just remembered, I posted a photo update on April 5th on some Springfield happenings, which was also the same day I got to try Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck and Phineas Q. Butterfat's.

I'm really picky with Mexican food so I just ordered nachos with no toppings, aside from cheese and beef. The chips seemed like they might be better quality than at Gru's, but overall, not much of a difference. I'll try and go for one of the tacos next time. My only gripe with the venue is that it's a nightmare to wait in its queue when you're dealing with typical LA weather. The whole Duff Brewery area is pretty cramped, so waiting in a long line while pushed up against a bright, scalding truck is not my cup of tea. It was, admittedly, my mistake for succumbing to my urge to visit in the middle of the day.

Phineas', on the other hand, is a brilliant addition in my eyes. The venue utilizes these new soft serve machines that allow the vendors to swirl a particular "side-flavor" into chocolate or vanilla ice cream, which is what they utilize to pull off the renowned ice cream offerings at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor in USF (notably the Butterbeer ice cream). For my first visit, I went for vanilla ice cream with a cotton candy flavor swirl in a waffle cone. I must say, it was pretty darn good. I'll definitely be stopping by again!

This only leaves Luigi's, Lard Lad Donuts, and Suds McDuff's Hot Dog House on my list of unvisited Springfield venues. Expect a final review after my next visit!

Afterthought: Krusty's "VIP" dining area doesn't seem to be exclusive anymore. I ate in that section with family during my last visit, as did many others, without complication.

Can't wait to try the tacos (i hear the Korean taco is good) and the ice cream and the big sundae they have. As for waiting in the sun by the taco truck...it's pretty LA authentic then! ;) haha.

As for the VIP Krusty room, good to hear. Maybe they came to their senses. Or maybe they'll open it to the public on busy days?

Reactions: William
Our taco truck doesn't serve the Korean taco, unfortunately. As far as I can remember, the three main tacos feature all of the same components, though they each feature a different type of meat (chicken, beef, pork).

Is Springfield open until park closing time now or does it close early like at 4

Last edited by a moderator: