Star Trek coming to Universal? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Trek coming to Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could World Expo be turned into something similar as Singapore's Sci-Fi City possibly? If they're attaching entire lands to a sole attraction or two, like with The Simpsons Ride into Springfield, why couldn't Men In Black be joined with Star Trek in a new "Sci-Fi City" concept? I always found it strange, now that Simpsons is it's own area, that you'd call an area World Expo when there's just Men In Black and a Coke Water Spray area...

The Borg Invasion show at the Star Trek Experience was really one of the best 3D shows. If they could do something on that level it could definitely work. I think it would be a shame though not to have something a little more. Even at the the Star Trek Experience the show was one of two attractions and a dining and shopping area.

For those not familiar this was the Borg show:
[video=youtube_share;N5Or83fcDbo]http://youtu.be/N5Or83fcDbo[/video]

Could World Expo be turned into something similar as Singapore's Sci-Fi City possibly? If they're attaching entire lands to a sole attraction or two, like with The Simpsons Ride into Springfield, why couldn't Men In Black be joined with Star Trek in a new "Sci-Fi City" concept? I always found it strange, now that Simpsons is it's own area, that you'd call an area World Expo when there's just Men In Black and a Coke Water Spray area...
Sounds like a feasible idea.

Question Folks. I saw Universal Selling Star Wars merchandise at the T2 store. Why is that? Are they even allowed too?

My personal opinion is that I disagree with that. Those are probably our two favorite areas, besides Central Park, to sit and enjoy the ambiance. Great theming. The only areas that I would like to see rethemed are Kidzone, which is going to happen according to OU insiders, and Production Central, that really doesn't fit or look good anymore, even though it was the original park theme. My opinion, though, is based on being a tourist that visits once or twice a year. Locals probably have a much different view of park aspects and attractions since they're there so often.
Yeah I'm a local. Production Central probabaly could be better put together but it has two of the busiest rides in the park. To Close either of those down for any length of time would hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

what about star trek taking over terminator in a new and improved 4d show?

As I was at the park the past few weeks , I thought about this as well. I am all for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather them make a new indoor family coaster using the T2 building (which is huge)...keep the pre-show aspect..and of course the sci-fi store

Indoor Family coaster? There isn't enough room or is there?

I'd be pretty disappointed if all Star Trek got was a 4D show. It's such a wide universe and to have it be a show would be a big letdown.

The Borg Invasion show at the Star Trek Experience was really one of the best 3D shows. If they could do something on that level it could definitely work. I think it would be a shame though not to have something a little more. Even at the the Star Trek Experience the show was one of two attractions and a dining and shopping area.

For those not familiar this was the Borg show:
[video=youtube_share;N5Or83fcDbo]http://youtu.be/N5Or83fcDbo[/video]

Can I just say that pre-show was amazing. The ride hosts getting taken by the Borgs was genius. However, I don't know how family friendly that would be especially with the 7 and under crowd. But something that level would be awesome if all we get is a show

The Star Wars Gear at the T2 Store I was talking about.

2qjayqr.jpg

Now worries, ST won't just be a 4D show. And I'm more a fan of park design where all areas have activities for all guests, not areas/lands dedicated for children, kids, thrill seekers, etc.

It's a 3rd party store, they can sell what they want.

I don't think the T2 building is large enough for an indoor coaster. It is one of the smaller show buildings in the park, so unless it was greatly expanded, and knowing what is back there makes this unlikely, it could only ever hold a show. But we need shows as well as rides, for people who don't like rides and kids under the height requirement for a lot of attractions.

A good theme park needs a good mix of thrill rides, tamer rides, and shows of different kinds that appeal to different kinds of people.

Reactions: Mike and natespf
I think I enjoy the Star Trek talk mainly because I think it is a good IP that could go in a lot of directions in a theme park, but I just feel a sci-FI theme could make that side of the park more cohesive.

You have MIB at ET which I feel should/will stick around....if Star Trek were to show up in that area, I feel it could use the space the expansion area has, then where kid zone is, I dunno, I do not even know if Gremlins are from outer space, but they are Spielberg and I feel it would fit an area like that...find a couple of more small things for the area, and it is just better themed than world expo/ kid zone...

It's a 3rd party store, they can sell what they want.

I don't think the T2 building is large enough for an indoor coaster. It is one of the smaller show buildings in the park, so unless it was greatly expanded, and knowing what is back there makes this unlikely, it could only ever hold a show. But we need shows as well as rides, for people who don't like rides and kids under the height requirement for a lot of attractions.

A good theme park needs a good mix of thrill rides, tamer rides, and shows of different kinds that appeal to different kinds of people.

While I think the 4-D theater ship has sailed at theme parks...I wouldn't mind seeing a reworking of T2 (which is the way 4-D shows should be done)..As much as I would want a coaster or a dark ride I agree with your point that we still need shows..Trek would be great...I would love to see how Universal could use new screen/projection tech and such to create such a show..could be cool

BTW, saw Terminator a few visits ago..man the sound system needs an upgrade

While I think the 4-D theater ship has sailed at theme parks...I wouldn't mind seeing a reworking of T2 (which is the way 4-D shows should be done)..As much as I would want a coaster or a dark ride I agree with your point that we still need shows..Trek would be great...I would love to see how Universal could use new screen/projection tech and such to create such a show..could be cool

Really? When I think sound system upgrade, I immediately think of Simpsons. Man the sound is terrible in there.

Universal has several shows though.

• Barney
    Animal Actors
    Beetle Juice
    Fear Factor
    Horror Make Up Show
    Terminator 3D
    Cinematic Spectacular
    That Magic Show near Mels
Then attractions such as Despicable Me, Twister, and Shrek could be considered shows since a huge audience come in and watches a stage or screen with interactive chairs, equipment, and effects.

If at all applicable, I'd rather see one or two more roller coaster at Universal. Indoor and outdoor or either or. Doesn't matter. Just my personal preference

Same time, wouldn't be mad at another show if it is well.

Shows are only a real problem at IOA and even then there isn't really much you could do thanks to the theming of the lands. IOA's specific theming is the biggest pro and con of the park sometimes

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn