1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by k_peek_2000, Mar 15, 2017.

1. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

I agree with these posts. Personally, I would like to see cuts to the amount of rock work for more and better quality rides. Sure, that rock work is nice to look at, but Smuggler's Run is one of the worst D or E Tickets that I have ever experienced at any park anywhere. I would take having actual good rides and minimal rock work over amazing rock work and mediocre rides.

The rock work isn't enough to bring me back to the land, but good rides would be.

tielo and Mad Dog like this.
  2. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

Agree completely. Some rockwork makes sense. They could have made it a spaceport with false fronts on buildings in the style of Star Wars architecture. Add some fountains and then have some minimal rockwork to support the area but not to dominate it.

Again, though, I am hopeful to experience the place for myself in February although ride waits might end any temptation I have of actually riding one of the two rides.

3. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Veteran Member

Sure, that rock work is nice to look at, but Smuggler's Run is one of the worst D or E Tickets that I have ever experienced at any park anywhere. I would take having actual good rides and minimal rock work over amazing rock work and mediocre rides.

The rock work isn't enough to bring me back to the land, but good rides would be

Fast and Furious Supercharged: Hold my beer

Mad Dog likes this.
  4. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Are we seriously complaining about rock work being too much ? I can’t with this thread any longer any type of scape goat you guys can find your using it as a excuse. If a land cost a certain amount of money and entertainment is included in that then no need to cut existing elements to make the land look worse.

usfgeek, Ryan, Evan and 1 other person like this.
  5. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I haven't seen the land in person to gauge the feeling of it....But I will say that the rock work appears to be mostly on the peripherals of the land...Is that true?

6. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

I thought the falcon ride was originally going to have multiple missions like Star Tours...what happened to that idea?

Also...still possible a new mission could be announced close to the opening of RotR?

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  7. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

YoU GeT DiFFerEnT PoiNTs EaCh TimE

8. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It was never supposed to have more than the one it opened with, although it's expected that, like with Star Tours, new missions will be added as time goes by.

9. darkridelover

darkridelover Premium Member

Honestly, while riding the ride, there’s information overload. I was a Pilot but I couldn’t tell you anything that happened. I didn’t really have fun because while I did a decent job with the up and down, the other pilot was terrible at the left and right movements so we hit a bunch of stuff. And I could tell the gunners weren’t happy about it either because they couldn’t target what they wanted. Why anyone would separate directional controls between two people is beyond me.

GhostHost85 and youhow2 like this.
  10. Nathan

Nathan Newcomer

I swear they announced more then one mission, there’s concept art all over of stuff that’s not in the ride currently and corresponds with different missions

rhino4evr likes this.
  11. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

PSA: I don’t really care if you liked the ride or not. Was just asking a simple question.

12. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Does that mean you didn't read my Yelp review?

13. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

There were supposed to be 3 distinct missions. Hondo clarifies your mission objective in the final pre-boarding sequence (and not the initial animatronic preshow) for a reason.

rhino4evr likes this.
  14. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

No, I didn’t.

15. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

That is why I said "one of the worst" instead of "the worst." Both Smuggler's Run and Supercharged are terrible attractions.

This sums up a lot of why I hate Smuggler's Run so much. Plus the graphics are really ugly and dull. When I think Gunner, I think having a joystick or turret to aim and shooting stuff, not pressing a few buttons. Engineering is horrible as all you do is push buttons and you can't even focus on what is happening on the screen. It is very poor design to make it so that people have to look to the side for the Engineering position. Also, no one position ever really gets much control. I can have way more fun playing countless old Star Wars games than I could on Smuggler's Run.

16. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

Yay?

17. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

But only one has The Rock...So do we live in a world where a Fast and Furious ride is better than a Millenium Falcon ride?

18. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I can't imagine any D/E ride worst than F&F. No way Smugglers Run can be that bad.

Disneyhead likes this.
  19. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I haven't ridden it yet, so my only option is to angry tweet on #distwitter until I get a chance to hate it in person

20. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Veteran Member

It isn't. We actually had a blast (and did suprisingly well). I was engineer and yeah, you do have to push a lot of buttons if your pilot sucks and makes it hard to watch the screen (although I was watching in anticipation of having to hit buttons when I saw a hit coming!)