1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by k_peek_2000, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

Hey all one of my travel companions cannot make it and I prepaid their theme park tickets. Anyone want a park hopper cheap? (Also have an HHN for 19th and a knotts scary farm for the 20th cheap.) Super cheap. I'd like to not waste them. PM me.

Davidg and MrBlonde like this.
  2. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Jenny Nicolson has a "prequel" video up for her review of SWGE. While I think she's not correct about sight-lines (Disney does well but not perfect, Universal is not as bad as she says) it's still very fair and well done.

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

GESWL apologist chronology................................................................
    *Disney sets up reservation system for opening. Walkways expanded to absorb huge expected crowds........Disney Apologist: OMG the crowds will swarm the land
    * GESWL debut fairly empty with large numbers of reservation holders not showing up.....Apologist: It was too hard to get reservations and everyone thought it would be too crowded
    * Disney changes policy and permits reservation holders to bring extra guests....Apologist: OMG the crowds will swarm the land
    *Land AND Park still fairly empty...Apologist: Just wait until the first day after the reservation period. OMG Disneyland and GESWL will be so swarmed with guests and over crowded.
    *Grand opening day after Reservation period elapses: After initial few hours rush of guests the 'special entry into the land ticket system', which was expected to last all summer, is abandoned and never used again.
    Crowds in Disneyland never materializes and GESWL is a veritable ghost town by day two..........Apologist: No one is coming because most of the AP's and CM's are blocked out.
    * Disney permits AP holders to buy discounted tickets, & bring guests with them. New low price date specific AP's are able to get into park because crowds are so small. But Disneyland & DCA (which is not blocked out to AP holders) continue to experience unprecedented low crowds. GESWL still a relative ghost town......Apologist: No one is coming since they thought it would get too crowded plus CM's are blocked out.
    * Disney lifts CM blackouts for most summer dates. Disneyland, DCA, & GESWL still super slow....................Apologists: Just wait until the AP's are unblocked at the end of August. OMG, the park will be so crowded you won't be able to move.
    *End of August comes. AP's unblocked. Still no one shows up. Both parks and GESWL dead as a doorknob......Apologists: Just wait until RotR opens. OMG, the park will be so crowded. It'll be the second coming.
    * January: To be continued .....;)

4. Honor_Knight

Honor_Knight BANNED

Surprisingly accurate. :thumbsup:

Freak, Fallow and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Coming out with all these believable opinions and facts? You must just want Disney to fail... I'm disgusted ;) ;) ;)
    #Disney failureist

6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

:lol:....you got the apologist's spiel down perfect. :thumbsup:.....the thing is, I love Disney's parks.....but I can't stand their management and the way their super fans make excuses for them. :)

SkiBum, Chris Galindo and Jamesh22 like this.
  7. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Thanks, been practicing.

Agreed. Management and company direction is the problem, and not just in Parks and resorts.

Mad Dog likes this.
  8. Bulldog45

Bulldog45 Rookie

9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. foodstampsFTW

foodstampsFTW Member

The prices got raised like right after WDW's opened, idk why people are just reporting on it now.

Mad Dog likes this.
  11. Frankyg123

Frankyg123 Rookie

So the public is complaining that prices are too high and their reaction is to raise prices. Wow.

Doug A., Cup_Of_Coffee, Freak and 5 others like this.
  12. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Corporate philosophy..."let them eat cake". ;)

Honor_Knight likes this.
  13. mainejeff

mainejeff Member

Customer policy...."enjoy your empty parks". :toast:

Mad Dog and Blaw923 like this.
  14. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

considering Olga's appears to be the most popular area of the new land, this doesn't surprise me.

15. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

fixed that for ya

16. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Like rhino said, it IS the most popular area of the park. Supply and demand mate.

I don't hear anything about raising the prices on Savi's though. Not a lot of people want a $200 + tax lightsaber.

17. Honor_Knight

Honor_Knight BANNED

They'll just keep creeping up the price on the drinks until it matches the cost of a lightsaber. :thumbsup:

18. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Marni, probably the foremost Disney Insider, reviewed the land on WDW Magic yesterday, and added more comments today. His review, which runs on both parks GESWL threads, was not kind to GESWL. He said he felt disconnected. His added comments are on the GESWL thread for DHS , though he toured the Disneyland version. He seemed quite disappointed.

SukaVayne73 and GhostHost85 like this.
  19. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Disconnected is probably the best description. I’ll try and get my review up this week now that I’ve had more time to think about it.

SukaVayne73 and Mad Dog like this.
  20. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Rookie

I agree with describing the land as disconnected. It almost feels more like an abandoned movie set with stores that people are allowed to wander around instead of an actual living land. It feels completely alien to the warmth of the rest of Disneyland.

SukaVayne73 and Mad Dog like this.