Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of...we really need a "spoiler free" impressions thread for all the folks that make it to DL, and want to give us their opinion without spoiling the story details.

We tried it with Kong and it just didn’t work; people were confused on what was considered a spoiler and topics weee being discussed in two separate threads. Once the land is open we’ll have a general topic thread and a review/photographs thread.

Reactions: Coasted
Meh. I doubt they start making new lands for different parks besides cloning all or part of the current plans for international ones. Maybe they add another ride to the land eventually (I think there is an expansion pad?). I could see them trying to make a show set in the star wars universe for broadway/cruise ships.

I haven't watched the video but I think any additions would be another attraction and the hotel. But hey, I've been very wrong in the past. *hand waves towards my potter predictions*
Both lands have room for one more attraction that’s about the size of the Falcon showbuilding.

Yeah, if anything; I can only see one attraction...however, who's to say they couldn't go for an option that'd be using the expansion plot as a hotel space for the Star Wars Hotel, depending on how Disney may want to act for the next few years..

Yeah, if anything; I can only see one attraction...however, who's to say they couldn't go for an option that'd be using the expansion plot as a hotel space for the Star Wars Hotel, depending on how Disney may want to act for the next few years..
The expansion plot in Disneyland is the Fantasyland theater I believe (or a plot near it)... they aren’t putting a hotel in the middle of the park like that.

So Iger says it’s opening in June in Anaheim. Around when we thought, but I know Disney hadn’t officially said a specific month so it caught my interest. Here’s the question where he said it:

Do you still feel like you can bring more people through the parks, or is it more about growing ticket prices?

In some, you get more repeat visitation and increased length of stay because there’s more to do. You get more capacity. When Star Warsopens in Anaheim in June and in Florida later in the year, that’s adding capacity. You’re adding 14 acres of land [each], more rides, and more things for people to do. It’s the biggest land we’ve ever built. We’re just getting higher demand on our product spread throughout the year. That gives you pricing leverage. But what we’re also trying to do is be much smarter about pricing strategy, to try to spread attendance and reduce attendance in the peak periods so we can improve guest satisfaction. Crowding is an issue.

Disney’s Bob Iger Talks Streaming, Park Plans, and Learning From Kodak - Barron's

Also surprising (and refreshing) to hear him call attention to crowding being an issue.

Putting my money on June 21st for the official grand opening date. Expect to see paid events, cast member rehearsals, and annual pass previews for Signature/Signature Plus in late May/early June. It’s going to be interesting to see how this summer plays out at the Disneyland Resort, as something like this hasn’t really ever been seen before.

Last edited:
They're actually going to start employee testing on the rides well before the land even finishes construction.
Oh yes I know. They’re testing both attractions with CMs as we speak to get an idea of the THRC, which is by far one of Disney’s fears with these rides. I was referring more to generalized cast member previews for all DLR CM’s and corporate.

the only positive of it opening in DL first, is that our expectations will be a little more realistic as what to expect.

I don't plan on watching any ride videos, but I will read reviews that aren't super spoiler heavy.

Speaking of...we really need a "spoiler free" impressions thread for all the folks that make it to DL, and want to give us their opinion without spoiling the story details.
i would temper expectations on the Millennium Falcon ride for sure

Oh yes I know. They’re testing both attractions with CMs as we speak to get an idea of the THRC, which is by far one of Disney’s fears with these rides. I was referring more to generalized cast member previews for all DLR CM’s and corporate.
yes, it would be nice if both of these would have decent capacity, which has been an issue with almost all of Disney's recent attractions.

Reactions: 12th Man
To also point out from that, we got a bit more on Blue Milk; as it will be a non-dairy option that will be sold in the land.

Also, life-size droids will be on sale; and may have an effect on how characters can interpret you and your party.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Will “droid parking” be the new stroller parking. I don’t think a full size droid would fit in the basket in front of you. Where will people be able to store them?

Reactions: Scott W.