Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not true. The Mickey and Friends parking structure fills to capacity all the time. But they have the Toy Story, Pumba, GardenWalk, and overflow Downtown Disney lots which hold up just fine. They also have access to Angel Stadium as long as there isn't a major event happening. I've yet to see a day where they had to use every single lot they have access to.

Toy Story and Pumba have been filling up more and more, though, and there have been a few occasions in the last year where all parking is filled without any means to reflexively extend to GardenWalk or the Angels Stadium. They needed this garage yesterday, and god help them if they can't get it open for Galaxy's Edge - I'm still not convinced it'll be enough.

tx4x73hugyf21.jpg

There won't be AP previews. Paid AP "early access" (the week before or so), yes. Been a DL AP for 20 years. They stopped doing AP previews when Cars Land hit. Didn't do one for Guardians or anything on Pixar Pier. But they did do a $100 upcharge preview night for Guardians. And a $200 upcharge preview night for (half) of Pixar Pier.

I could easily see a $500 to $1,000 upcharge preview for this and people WILL pay it (in the voice of the blood-sucking lawyer from Jurassic Park)

Reactions: Blaw923
Since it will only be people drinking in the Cantina, since they can't leave the Cantina with a drink, it really wouldn't be a significant number of guests. The space isn't very substantial.

Yeah but I bet that cantina is going to be really busy.

I wonder how long this will last. Seems like it will keep people in the land longer than they may otherwise, which could be an issue with large crowds:
Guests Won't Be Allowed to Take Alcohol Out of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland - Blog Mickey
"while there will be some seating, the majority of guests will be standing in the intimate space" That sounds like a BAD Idea. No one wants to stand in an over crowded room after they have been walking around a theme park and standing in lines all day.

Reactions: HPFred and Clive
"while there will be some seating, the majority of guests will be standing in the intimate space" That sounds like a BAD Idea. No one wants to stand in an over crowded room after they have been walking around a theme park and standing in lines all day.

Like in the HM Elevator?

The HM elevator isn't meant to be a place you're in for longer than a minute or two, though.

Most "popular" bars are standing room only. So I'm not surprised by this. The real question is how they will handle the capacity. I would imagine a door man will be required, and a line will form outside. They could also keep it to a One drink per person max, when it's really busy.

Personally I prefer this to a reservation based system, what I will have to book 6 months in advance.

Most "popular" bars are standing room only. So I'm not surprised by this. The real question is how they will handle the capacity. I would imagine a door man will be required, and a line will form outside. They could also keep it to a One drink per person max, when it's really busy.

Personally I prefer this to a reservation based system, what I will have to book 6 months in advance.

I mean I'm not standing in an hour line for a drink either way, but having a packed bar in a theme park setting is not exactly ideal or enjoyable

Not been to the pub in the England pavilion, eh? :D