Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

WDWNT reporting that DL considering making most FP for SWGE monetized. So not only pay for MaxPass but also upcharge for these rides. I guess the only positive in the case of DL is that you have a good shot getting them day-of since MaxPass only works when you are in park.

WDWNT reporting that DL considering making most FP for SWGE monetized. So not only pay for MaxPass but also upcharge for these rides. I guess the only positive in the case of DL is that you have a good shot getting them day-of since MaxPass only works when you are in park.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to DL in early December for this, and I'm more than fine with paying for some FPs to ensure that I won't spend 3/4 of my day waiting in line for Resistance and Falcon

Not gonna lie, I'm going to DL in early December for this, and I'm more than fine with paying for some FPs to ensure that I won't spend 3/4 of my day waiting in line for Resistance and Falcon

I've been debating going to Disneyland myself. First, they have the old dark rides that my wife and I love that aren't at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Second, she hasn't been on the Indiana Jones ride or Radiator Springs Racers, where I have. Third, this. I think that I might be able to ride both rides on one trip instead of having to wait for years to come.

I've been debating going to Disneyland myself. First, they have the old dark rides that my wife and I love that aren't at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Second, she hasn't been on the Indiana Jones ride or Radiator Springs Racers, where I have. Third, this. I think that I might be able to ride both rides on one trip instead of having to wait for years to come.

I'm just going to happen to be in California in December, so the Disneyland trip is a happy accident. Otherwise I'd have waited for DHS in early 2020 or something.

From what I see of Galaxy's Edge from the previews, this looks phenomenal. This is looking to be Disney Imagineering's magnum opus. It looks like Disney Sea-level theming from those photos and vids. Summer cannot come soon enough. As awesome as this looks, the timing of this is very unfortunate.

What do I mean by that? Well, there are tons of outraged Star War fans that aren't happy with the Last Jedi or where the franchise is going. Just look at what happened with the "review bombing" of Episode 9 on Rotten Tomatoes (Which was actually a "do you want to see?" poll and not reviews, but I digress). Right off the bat it got voted down. If you think these people are in a vocal minority, there were enough fans to boycott where, while Rogue One did really good, Solo bombed. Also, just look at the comments online for anticipation of Episode 9. People don't seem interested. Whether or not you agree with how the fans are handlining it, there seem to be enough to cause a dent in things.

"But look at Pandora! Nobody really cares about that movie anymore. Look how that did!" Yeah, but that franchise wasn't treated as a religion like Star Wars is and hasn't been rejected hard by many of its fans. I think there are enough of them to where they are willing to boycott anything Star Wars to get their message across to Disney. I'm reading comments online that they want to boyott Ep. 9 and Galaxy's Edge. I've even talked to several of my friends who love SW, but hated TLJ. They told me they were looking forward to seeing Galaxy's Edge. They were expecting to see the Cantina from original trilogy and seeing C3Po and R2. When I told them it's based entirely off of the sequel trilogy, they lost interest. Some of them even said they're not going because of the direction SW is headed.

Everyone on here is hyping up the opening crowds like it will be the end of the world, but reading that chat gives me flashbacks of Hollywood's Wizarding World. Same thing. We expected monsterous crowds, but it wasn't as big as they thought. Bold prediction, but I think Disney could see the same thing happen to them. It's definitely not going to flop, but I don't think it's going to be the runaway success they're hoping for.

Y'all are probably laughing at my post right now. For all I know I could be totally wrong and the crowds will obliterate Disneyland. I'm partly saying this as I like to be the rebel to give unpopular predictions, but I have good reason to believe this outcome is totally possible. Disney fans may be loyal, but Star Wars fans are on a whole other level. I wouldn't underestimate their nerdrage. But if this does happen, that would be a shame because this land sound phenomenal.

Yeah, nah it's gonna be insane. I know Star Wars fans on the east coast who are coming to DL over the summer just to do Galaxy's Edge right when it opens.
Yeah theme park fans are gonna see it no matter what. The GP, several of which I’m sure are SW purists, will probably think twice about going.

Again, what I’m predicting probably won’t happen, but I still think it’s a very fair possibility.

It's also worth pointing out that this isn't exactly the first chance to see "Star Wars" in the flesh. Star Tours has been a pillar of the domestic Disney parks experience for decades. Potter had never been done, on any scale, which led to pent up demand.

That said, I believe it'll be packed.

Are you considered a “Mary Sue” because you can instantly Pilot the Falcon without any formal traning?

So, I was wondering. What would be your price point for a SWGE MaxPass if it guaranteed you one ride on both new rides? So, you pay the price and you are guaranteed one ride on Smuggler's Run and one ride on Battle Escape. FYI, this price would be on top of the normal MaxPass cost. I was thinking about this and I would probably pay $50/person one time. I think. That seems like a lot but, since it would be a one-time deal, I would probably go for it. Getting a FP+ at DHS is going to be insanely difficult as it is. However, I could justify it at Disneyland by saying that I didn't have to stay a lot more days (ex. spending 12 days instead of 5 at WDW) to find an open fastpass time. Plus, I could knock both rides off on the same day which would free me up for the rest of my stay. Bear in mind, that I am in Ohio and so would have a limited amount of time out in California.

So, I was wondering. What would be your price point for a SWGE MaxPass if it guaranteed you one ride on both new rides? So, you pay the price and you are guaranteed one ride on Smuggler's Run and one ride on Battle Escape. FYI, this price would be on top of the normal MaxPass cost. I was thinking about this and I would probably pay $50/person one time. I think. That seems like a lot but, since it would be a one-time deal, I would probably go for it. Getting a FP+ at DHS is going to be insanely difficult as it is. However, I could justify it at Disneyland by saying that I didn't have to stay a lot more days (ex. spending 12 days instead of 5 at WDW) to find an open fastpass time. Plus, I could knock both rides off on the same day which would free me up for the rest of my stay. Bear in mind, that I am in Ohio and so would have a limited amount of time out in California.
When prices are already at an all time high I would rather stand in line rather than screw the locals for more money who also stand in line. There is finite capacity and effort is being taken away for more monetization. You are the problem.

If I'm $3,000+ into a once in a lifetime trip to Cali, and my only chance to ride the rides is paying for an upcharge Fastpass? Yeah, the threshold is pretty high. The $50 a person would about be a no brainer. If I was a local or someone who would have many opportunities to come back, I'd probably just try my luck another time.

When prices are already at an all time high I would rather stand in line rather than screw the locals for more money who also stand in line. There is finite capacity and effort is being taken away for more monetization. You are the problem.

Actually, I'm not the problem. My preference would be no Fastpass at all in any of the parks. Standing in line is normal at an amusement park and I've hated the FP systems (especially the one at WDW). However, my question is, if they were to monetize it, what would be the amount you would pay? Your answer is, "I wouldn't pay it", which is certainly a good answer. I was simply saying that, if I go to Disneyland and it will probably be the one and only time that I get to go, I would pay the $50 per person. Would I absolutely pay it? I don't know. My usual tactic is to try and go when the parks aren't as busy (ex. September). Then, I don't have to worry about anything. Again, I'll wait in line without complaints or will choose to skip and move to the next if I don't feel like waiting.

You can't blame Disney for the demand their parks have. Demand increases every single year.

One thing to note, stuff like Disney After Hours, MaxPass and the potential paid FastPass system are geared towards those guests who visit one time their entire life, or once every x amount of years. Locals /Passholders need to stop complaining about these upcharges not being affordable for them.