1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by k_peek_2000, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Tobias

Tobias Member

While it's a bummer that RotR won't be open when the land does, possibly not even during the Summer...I'll just have to roll with the punches.

I say that since I'm finally able to visit Disneyland for the first time this year! While I was dealt having to go July 6th, 7th & 8th, I'm no stranger to dealing with crowds so this isn't a worst-case scenario for myself.

Since it's my first time, I'll be more focused on seeing the rest of the park. G.E. falls under "If I can make it in, great! If not, I won't lose sleep over it." A couple reasons being 1. I'm up in Washington state so I'm not too far away from DL which leads to 2. I'll still have a bit of vacation time left afterwards, so I'll be able to swing a quick lil trip back once RotR is officially open. An since I'll already have experienced the rest of the park by then, I can focus on G.E. without worry.

Mad Dog and bob albert like this.
  2. CowMissing

CowMissing Member

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Land Aerial Footage Disneyland Resort

Ariel footage of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (new land) at the Disneyland Resort.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening ahead of schedule on May 31 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

fryoj likes this.
  3. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

I'm disabled. I won't go into details. But I don't "look" disabled. So when I go to DL (as opposed to other parks that allow me to bring an RX from a doctor granting FOL access) they always turn me down for assistance and tell me to use to MP. Even while my friends are with me, one who had MS and can't feel half of her body and needs a cane. So, to people like us, at least for DL, the MP is the only option we have to not be in pain. It's not even worth going otherwise. Having said that, I'd pay an upcharge on an MP for those specific rides for sure.

4. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

Also up in WA. Doing the Halloween circuit at all the parks in late Sept. so we'll be hitting GE/DL at that time.

5. Dykealiscious

Dykealiscious Newcomer

I've been in all manner of October. It's not the worst.

Blaw923 likes this.
  6. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

Sorry to hear this. Leave it to Disney to be this way.

7. Evan

Evan Rookie

It’s really unfortunate for people who really do suffer, this was the result of a lot of people abusing the system however... you think a doctors note would be enough for proof?

8. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Not questioning the poster above in the least bit, but doctor's notes are pretty much a joke. You can about get a doctor to write a note that says anything. You tell your doctor your get tired after walking a couple miles, they'll gladly write a note saying you need a wheelchair/motorized scooter.

9. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

10. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Rookie

More aerial footage, those spaceships look fantastic