Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While it's a bummer that RotR won't be open when the land does, possibly not even during the Summer...I'll just have to roll with the punches.

I say that since I'm finally able to visit Disneyland for the first time this year! While I was dealt having to go July 6th, 7th & 8th, I'm no stranger to dealing with crowds so this isn't a worst-case scenario for myself.

Since it's my first time, I'll be more focused on seeing the rest of the park. G.E. falls under "If I can make it in, great! If not, I won't lose sleep over it." A couple reasons being 1. I'm up in Washington state so I'm not too far away from DL which leads to 2. I'll still have a bit of vacation time left afterwards, so I'll be able to swing a quick lil trip back once RotR is officially open. An since I'll already have experienced the rest of the park by then, I can focus on G.E. without worry.

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Land Aerial Footage Disneyland Resort

Ariel footage of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (new land) at the Disneyland Resort.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening ahead of schedule on May 31 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

Reactions: fryoj
Actually, I'm not the problem. My preference would be no Fastpass at all in any of the parks. Standing in line is normal at an amusement park and I've hated the FP systems (especially the one at WDW). However, my question is, if they were to monetize it, what would be the amount you would pay? Your answer is, "I wouldn't pay it", which is certainly a good answer. I was simply saying that, if I go to Disneyland and it will probably be the one and only time that I get to go, I would pay the $50 per person. Would I absolutely pay it? I don't know. My usual tactic is to try and go when the parks aren't as busy (ex. September). Then, I don't have to worry about anything. Again, I'll wait in line without complaints or will choose to skip and move to the next if I don't feel like waiting.

I'm disabled. I won't go into details. But I don't "look" disabled. So when I go to DL (as opposed to other parks that allow me to bring an RX from a doctor granting FOL access) they always turn me down for assistance and tell me to use to MP. Even while my friends are with me, one who had MS and can't feel half of her body and needs a cane. So, to people like us, at least for DL, the MP is the only option we have to not be in pain. It's not even worth going otherwise. Having said that, I'd pay an upcharge on an MP for those specific rides for sure.

While it's a bummer that RotR won't be open when the land does, possibly not even during the Summer...I'll just have to roll with the punches.

I say that since I'm finally able to visit Disneyland for the first time this year! While I was dealt having to go July 6th, 7th & 8th, I'm no stranger to dealing with crowds so this isn't a worst-case scenario for myself.

Since it's my first time, I'll be more focused on seeing the rest of the park. G.E. falls under "If I can make it in, great! If not, I won't lose sleep over it." A couple reasons being 1. I'm up in Washington state so I'm not too far away from DL which leads to 2. I'll still have a bit of vacation time left afterwards, so I'll be able to swing a quick lil trip back once RotR is officially open. An since I'll already have experienced the rest of the park by then, I can focus on G.E. without worry.

Also up in WA. Doing the Halloween circuit at all the parks in late Sept. so we'll be hitting GE/DL at that time.

I just found out I'll be in LA end of October for a wedding. To Star Wars or not to Star Wars, that is the questions.

Part of me thinks October will still be in the early heat wave of crowds..

But can I convince myself to hold off.....probably not haha

Additionally, stunning to me they are going to open this land without Rise of the Resistance. How the hell is that not going to be ready? Opening without the lands premiere attraction??
I've been in all manner of October. It's not the worst.

Reactions: Blaw923
I'm disabled. I won't go into details. But I don't "look" disabled. So when I go to DL (as opposed to other parks that allow me to bring an RX from a doctor granting FOL access) they always turn me down for assistance and tell me to use to MP. Even while my friends are with me, one who had MS and can't feel half of her body and needs a cane. So, to people like us, at least for DL, the MP is the only option we have to not be in pain. It's not even worth going otherwise. Having said that, I'd pay an upcharge on an MP for those specific rides for sure.

Sorry to hear this. Leave it to Disney to be this way.

Sorry to hear this. Leave it to Disney to be this way.

It’s really unfortunate for people who really do suffer, this was the result of a lot of people abusing the system however... you think a doctors note would be enough for proof?

It’s really unfortunate for people who really do suffer, this was the result of a lot of people abusing the system however... you think a doctors note would be enough for proof?

Not questioning the poster above in the least bit, but doctor's notes are pretty much a joke. You can about get a doctor to write a note that says anything. You tell your doctor your get tired after walking a couple miles, they'll gladly write a note saying you need a wheelchair/motorized scooter.

They didn't even want to see the doctor's letter. In fact they scowled. So I called corporate and got the same answers. This year I may have to rent a wheelchair and hope that helps. Six flags requires a letter to be in their system permanently under disability. Universal just wants a verbal, but I bring the letter anyway and they say "no need to see that, just tell us why you can't stand in long lines," and it's good.

Talk to me in August and we'll see if that's still the same.

It will be. WDW's logistics are already in place. I've talked to multiple people who are making it happen. They're not worried about the DHS's infrastructure the same way Disneyland is. They FIRMLY believe that after Pandora and Toy Story Land's openings, that they'll be able to handle a public opening from the get go.

It will be. WDW's logistics are already in place. I've talked to multiple people who are making it happen. They're not worried about the DHS's infrastructure the same way Disneyland is. They FIRMLY believe that after Pandora and Toy Story Land's openings, that they'll be able to handle a public opening from the get go.
ok.

Once again, talk to me when it's open.