Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney should have added a lot more capacity than they have. They can afford to they just have mostly chose not to and went the lazy route of raising prices.

You can't blame Disney for the demand their parks have. Demand increases every single year.

One thing to note, stuff like Disney After Hours, MaxPass and the potential paid FastPass system are geared towards those guests who visit one time their entire life, or once every x amount of years. Locals /Passholders need to stop complaining about these upcharges not being affordable for them.

Have to disagree somewhat here. MaxPass is definitely geared toward the "I only get to come one day and we're gonna make the most of it" crowd, but After Hours events are squarely aimed at locals - specifically, annual passholders - to get them to double dip on admission. That's the demographic.

Reactions: HPFred
I'll be at Disneyland in early may hoping for softs but given that they are willing to open the land without both rides I doubt we see any kind of soft opening. If any soft openings would occur I would expect only the last week of may as that is the point that the current discount tickets expire.

I just found out I'll be in LA end of October for a wedding. To Star Wars or not to Star Wars, that is the questions.

Part of me thinks October will still be in the early heat wave of crowds..

But can I convince myself to hold off.....probably not haha

Additionally, stunning to me they are going to open this land without Rise of the Resistance. How the hell is that not going to be ready? Opening without the lands premiere attraction??

I just found out I'll be in LA end of October for a wedding. To Star Wars or not to Star Wars, that is the questions.

It gonna be mobbed for at least a year. You are prob gonna deal with crowds no matter what.

Robert Niles is reporting "Disney needed extra time to plug a small two-meter exhaust port on the ROR ride that everyone apparently overlooked during construction"..... ;)

Last edited:
If Rise of the Resistance isn't open by September, I'm not going.
I'd think they're addressing whatever the problem on both coasts simultaneously. So if ROR isn't open for WDW in Sept., I would sure doubt it would be open in Disneyland.

Last edited:

Additionally, stunning to me they are going to open this land without Rise of the Resistance. How the hell is that not going to be ready? Opening without the lands premiere attraction??

Do Star Wars and skip the wedding. Unless it's your own, weddings are overrated.

Reactions: HPFred and Blaw923
I hope that the DL version will open first.

Overall, I'm beyond pissed at this situation.

Is it sad that I'm not surprised that they would do this? This is just normal for them. I'm quite certain that the only reason that they are opening it is so that they can "We opened" and then collect some bonuses.

Reactions: youhow2
Is it sad that I'm not surprised that they would do this? This is just normal for them. I'm quite certain that the only reason that they are opening it is so that they can "We opened" and then collect some bonuses.

I mean I would do that same haha

It was said in the Disney Parks Blog, "Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during normal park operating hours. It will not be included in Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning at Disneyland Park."
Disney is leaving money on the table from hotel stays. Plus having the land be open for an extra hour means the total number of people who can experience the land in a day goes up.

I expect everything to be worse at DL.

DL can deal with a LOT more folks than DHS can. At least WDW has essentially admitted FP is a nightmare, so that part is out of the equation. It will come down to who gets in early, and will it be every day.

Not having SGE in EMH just moves the line from inside a building in SWGE to a path in Frontierland or Fantasyland An interesting decision UNLESS they have yet to announce Star Wars Sunrise, a hard ticket morning event, every morning, only available to Resort guests.

Disney is leaving money on the table from hotel stays. Plus having the land be open for an extra hour means the total number of people who can experience the land in a day goes up.

Not really. Disney is giving hotel occupants first dibs at reservations. I know a handful of local people (we're talking people who live within 20 minutes from the park) who booked Disney rooms today for opening weekend in order to get first dibs.