Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's incredible to me that those pictures don't scan as "Star Wars" environments. They look more like Adventureland. Outside of the ride and the various ships parked around the place, I haven't seen much that registers as Star Wars.
It definitely requires a bit of suspension. From the beginning I've said reimagining star-wars into a land would be difficult and weird. But i think what they came up with is impressive.

Would you say that this is getting a lot of attention on social media to the extent that Potter did? I've not had accounts for over a year now but remember the Potter stuff taking social by storm.

Reactions: tankart150
It's incredible to me that those pictures don't scan as "Star Wars" environments. They look more like Adventureland. Outside of the ride and the various ships parked around the place, I haven't seen much that registers as Star Wars.
It sort of looks like Epcot's Morocco, which makes sense since they visited Morocco when getting ideas for the land's aesthetic. I get what they were going for - Clearly they wanted Batuu to have Jakku/Tatooine vibes. I personally think it looks Star Wars enough for an original planet, but I can see where people are having issues with it.

I wish they would've gone in a different direction than the desert aesthetic, but this land was specifically designed for Disneyland so that it would seamlessly connect with Frontierland. I think they may have dove a bit too far into the Frontierland aesthetic in some areas.

Last edited:
It sort of looks like Epcot's Morocco, which makes sense since they visited Morocco when getting ideas for the land's aesthetic. I get what they were going for - Clearly they wanted Batuu to Jakku/Tatooine vibes. I personally think it looks Star Wars enough for an original planet, but I can see where people are having issues with it.

I wish they would've gone in a different direction than the desert aesthetic, but this land was specifically designed for Disneyland so that it would seamlessly connect with Frontierland. I think they may have dove a bit too far into the Frontierland aesthetic in some areas.

Honestly felt like I was still in Frontierland until we were standing in the middle of the outpost.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Honestly felt like I was still in Frontierland until we were standing in the middle of the outpost.

I have to ask, but which part did you enter first? If you entered through Critter Country, then I can understand that it would feel more like a desert given that RotR isn't open yet. If you entered through the other two areas, it should feel more like a bustling town. Note, I haven't been there yet and am just judging things on what I've seen through available videos.

I have to ask, but which part did you enter first? If you entered through Critter Country, then I can understand that it would feel more like a desert given that RotR isn't open yet. If you entered through the other two areas, it should feel more like a bustling town. Note, I haven't been there yet and am just judging things on what I've seen through available videos.

Yep. It was Critter Country.

Reactions: Stryker
the criticism that the rise of the resistance area is “dead” is a silly one.

1. The ride isn’t open (duh)
2. The land is reserved softs

Also...the “story” is that the resistance is hiding in this forest/old ruins, just on the outskirts of town.

They basically made tatotine and yavin for those following along...

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred and Nick
It sort of looks like Epcot's Morocco, which makes sense since they visited Morocco when getting ideas for the land's aesthetic. I get what they were going for - Clearly they wanted Batuu to have Jakku/Tatooine vibes. I personally think it looks Star Wars enough for an original planet, but I can see where people are having issues with it.

Oh my god i just looked up epcot Morocco lol. The marketplace looks jarringly identical. I knew some parts of this looked familiar, what i couldn't put my finger on was where? At another disney park funny enough :lol:

Reactions: Nick
Len Testa just posted a detailed review of Smuggler's Run (WDWMagic...Disneyland forum... Fantasyland expansion thread).... Ouch 3.5 out of 5

Reactions: belloq87
I mean... did anyone really expect anything more from what's an essentially a motion simulator? I'm surprised so many people are surprised.

At the same time, it was never intended as the "E" ticket attraction, and (without yet having ridden it--my reservations are for next week) I think too many are trying to make it the E ticket attraction anyway. So of course experiences are going to be in line with that unreasonable expectation.

The worst part is he called it a C ticket attraction..Big ouch. since Disney always referred to it as a E ticket, which it probably is budget wise(Disney has always officially stated 2 E ticket rides for GESWL). ...........From day one of the rumors of what the ride was, I had my doubts it was something I would enjoy, primarily because of the team interactivity rumors. Always sounded OK for the under 30 crowd, but not something that an older generation, that's used to 'individual' accomplishment, would care much for.....That said, I'm not disappointed since that's almost exactly what I expected.....My 'high expectations' have always been for ROTR. That's the one I'll hope does deliver 'big time'.

Last edited: