Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

But isn't exotic glassware part of the allure? Not to mention being inside the bar itself?

I have to believe they can create custom disposable plasticware, environmentalism be damned. Honestly, the glassware isn't all that exciting to begin with beyond the souvenir mugs.

Does anyone know if you can buy the mugs(specifically the endor one) in the cantina without the drink. I've looked thru a bunch of articles and I found only one person say you can, but they weren't like a theme park news site, so I figured I'd ask here.

Does anyone know if you can buy the mugs(specifically the endor one) in the cantina without the drink. I've looked thru a bunch of articles and I found only one person say you can, but they weren't like a theme park news site, so I figured I'd ask here.
You can but it costs the same as it comes with the drink. So 35 dollars for the mug either way.

BUT...Disney threads attract a 'lot' of responses here, on some days more than Universal threads. IU people, on the whole, love Disney too....most especially when they're new attractions....Don't sell our members short. They're mostly Theme Park fans first. :toast::thumbsup:
They attract sporadic responses and many Disney posts are just construction updates. Just look at this thread. The land has grand opened and it’s only at 65 pages and was in the low 20’s on media day. Universal simply gets wayyyyyy more responses here than Disney does.

They attract sporadic responses and many Disney posts are just construction updates. Just look at this thread. The land has grand opened and it’s at 65 pages and was in the low 20’s on media day. Universal simply gets wayyyyyy more responses here than Disney does.
And...that's what I'm talking about. It got 45 pages in just a week, on a Universal site, but then died overnight. :lol: Why? Because a super strong attraction at IOA opened. This wouldn't have happened for last year's F&F POS opening.

I think it's died because 1) everyone has kinda already said all there is to say about it at this point, and 2) some trolls who were stoking fires aren't here anymore. :)

I mean, I'm going on Thursday, but I probably wasn't going to post much about it because unless something is extremely different, there's not much more to add to the conversation. I'd imagine it being relatively quite here until either the next phase (end of reservations, opening of RotR) or a dramatic change in operations.

Yes but there’s also an aspect of “let me get a d-g drink in Disneyland and roam” they’re losing too.

I love me some dranks, dont get me wrong, but...

The themepark aficionado in me hates the fact they allowed alcohol in Disneyland, even for Star Wars...

And...that's what I'm talking about. It got 45 pages in just a week, on a Universal site, but then died overnight. :lol: Why? Because a super strong attraction at IOA opened. This wouldn't have happened for last year's F&F POS opening.
No one was denying that a great ride opened in IOA though.

It died because we were warned multiple times for getting too out of hand with our discussion. You ever try to start a conversation after seeing a fight or something uncomfortable? It literally has nothing to do with IOA lol.

It died because we were warned multiple times for getting too out of hand with our discussion. You ever try to start a conversation after seeing a fight or something uncomfortable? It literally has nothing to do with IOA lol.
I'm really eager to see more first hand GESWL accounts, and I'm actually disappointed we're not getting any. And, yes, I'm aware that the arguments may have turned a few off. But, I still believe the main reason is Hagrid is looking so good that most everyone's attention is turned to it. And, like I've said, the posters here are theme park enthusiasts first. The WDW threads on IU get a lot of action quite often. Disneyland not much, because this is primarily an East coast oriented site, but GESWL kind of transcends that. IU posters are much more fair to Disney than most Disney site forum members are to Universal.

I'm really eager to see more first hand GESWL accounts, and I'm actually disappointed we're not getting any. And, yes, I'm aware that the arguments may have turned a few off. But, I still believe the main reason is Hagrid is looking so good that most everyone's attention is turned to it. And, like I've said, the posters here are theme park enthusiasts first. The WDW threads on IU get a lot of action quite often. Disneyland not much, because this is primarily an East coast oriented site, but GESWL kind of transcends that. IU posters are much more fair to Disney than most Disney site forum members are to Universal.
@Fallow gave a good first hand account yesterday.