Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They unblocked CMs for this week since last Tuesday, at least, which sucks cuz I was hoping for low crowds when I go this Friday.

Also, I realize this is a big ask, but is anyone else going this Friday and has an extra reservation available (preferably the 11am-3pm slot)? I'm short one reservation to GE for my party. I know this would require us meeting up at the Launch Bay to get wristbands, but I'd greatly appreciate if anyone can help.

What happens after reserve times? Is there going to be a separate ticket or will prices go up? I ask because I was going to buy a combo park ticket and I looked online for my date in September and I'm not sure if there's going to be an add on. As of right now there isn't but the price increased 20 bucks from last year.

What happens after reserve times? Is there going to be a separate ticket or will prices go up? I ask because I was going to buy a combo park ticket and I looked online for my date in September and I'm not sure if there's going to be an add on. As of right now there isn't but the price increased 20 bucks from last year.

Nothing new happens once they're done with this reservation period.

It just means it becomes first come, first served for anyone wanting to go. It's part of the park. There's no extra charge or anything. They just might limit how many people are allowed into the section at any given time if it gets full, but Disney hasn't announced anything about how they plan to handle that if it becomes too full at a given time.

They unblocked CMs for this week since last Tuesday, at least, which sucks cuz I was hoping for low crowds when I go this Friday.

Also, I realize this is a big ask, but is anyone else going this Friday and has an extra reservation available (preferably the 11am-3pm slot)? I'm short one reservation to GE for my party. I know this would require us meeting up at the Launch Bay to get wristbands, but I'd greatly appreciate if anyone can help.
They would need to add you to the reservation if they got the email saying that they could add people to their reservation. Otherwise you are out of luck

They would need to add you to the reservation if they got the email saying that they could add people to their reservation. Otherwise you are out of luck

Understood. That's what I'm hoping for - someone who's going that same day/time slot that received an email saying they could add additional reservations.

I have a party of 6, and 5 of us have reservations. My 5-year old son does not. One option is to be a bad parent and let him run loose in the park while the rest of us enjoys GE, then probably pick him up at Lost & Found when we're done. :lol: ;) The other is to have one adult stay with him while the other 4 enjoys GE, then swap out with another adult maybe an hour later.

Understood. That's what I'm hoping for - someone who's going that same day/time slot that received an email saying they could add additional reservations.

I have a party of 6, and 5 of us have reservations. My 5-year old son does not. One option is to be a bad parent and let him run loose in the park while the rest of us enjoys GE, then probably pick him up at Lost & Found when we're done. :lol: ;) The other is to have one adult stay with him while the other 4 enjoys GE, then swap out with another adult maybe an hour later.
Try walking in with him and see what happens. There not that strict with the wristbands when I went.

Reactions: Stryker
Nothing new happens once they're done with this reservation period.

It just means it becomes first come, first served for anyone wanting to go. It's part of the park. There's no extra charge or anything. They just might limit how many people are allowed into the section at any given time if it gets full, but Disney hasn't announced anything about how they plan to handle that if it becomes too full at a given time.
Hopefully they use a reserve time system. A line would not work but we will see what happens. Hopefully next week Disney will provide guidance. I am going on 6/29 to see what happens on the first weekend day of the free for all.

Hopefully they use a reserve time system. A line would not work but we will see what happens. Hopefully next week Disney will provide guidance. I am going on 6/29 to see what happens on the first weekend day of the free for all.

I'm doing the same. Have a nice brunch reservation over at Lamplight to retreat to if it gets too heinous.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
MiceChat has some preliminary info on what will happen on June 24th. I could not find anything on Disney's website but seems to be legit.

Parking opens at 6:00 am
Park opens at 8:00 am (Not included in EMH or Magical morning but I guess if you have that you should be able to wait in park for rope drop)
no line ups prior
If land is full you can reserve a Boarding Pass time via the app or FP kiosks through out the park

Reservations for Savi's or Olgas can be made starting at 7:00am the same day. Looks like most reservations at disney you will need to give a credit card and will be charged if you do not show up for your reservation.

I think I got it all but check the link for more info:

Star Wars Unleashed - Accessing Galaxy's Edge June 24th and Beyond

Reactions: Clive
Mice Chat has a really nice photo display on GESWL at NIGHT. Looks much more colorful and livelier than the daylight. When I go in mid November, I think I'll do my first GESWL walk through in the evening.

Reactions: snayberry
Just got back from rope-dropping DLR until almost midnight on Friday, June 21st. I don’t visit DLR as much as I used to, so when I do, I try to make the most out of it.

Got hooked up with unlimited FastPasses loaded on to our tickets that could be used at any ride where FP is offered with no return window to worry about (could be used anytime). Didn’t even know this thing existed. This was way better than MaxPass and saved me $15 per head, too. This was essentially Universal Express for Disney. Sweeeeet! This allowed us to hit up all FP rides in both parks so I’m quite exhausted right now and will keep this review of SW:GE short and provide a more detailed review later.

If you recall one of my previous posts asking for help getting my 5-year old son a reservation to GE, we asked when getting our wristbands and that CM said he didn’t need one and we had no problem getting him in to GE without a wristband. Not sure if this will help anyone since there’s only one more day requiring reservations.

Blue and green milk tasted fine at first, but had a slimy aftertaste. Glad I tried it, but don’t feel the need to get it again.

Smuggler's Run was fun, but only okay.

The land overall was amazingly detailed and seeing a life-size Millennium Falcon was just “Wow!”

This land should’ve opened with RotR.

Good night y’all.

Just got back from rope-dropping DLR until almost midnight on Friday, June 21st. I don’t visit DLR as much as I used to, so when I do, I try to make the most out of it.

Got hooked up with unlimited FastPasses loaded on to our tickets that could be used at any ride where FP is offered with no return window to worry about (could be used anytime). Didn’t even know this thing existed. This was way better than MaxPass and saved me $15 per head, too. This was essentially Universal Express for Disney. Sweeeeet! This allowed us to hit up all FP rides in both parks so I’m quite exhausted right now and will keep this review of SW:GE short and provide a more detailed review later.

If you recall one of my previous posts asking for help getting my 5-year old son a reservation to GE, we asked when getting our wristbands and that CM said he didn’t need one and we had no problem getting him in to GE without a wristband. Not sure if this will help anyone since there’s only one more day requiring reservations.

Blue and green milk tasted fine at first, but had a slimy aftertaste. Glad I tried it, but don’t feel the need to get it again.

The land overall was amazingly detailed and seeing a life-size Millennium Falcon was just “Wow!”

Good night y’all.

How did you get this?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe

Good night y’all.
Niles on TPI today said Disney relaxed doing a hard check on ID's when they opened it up to 6 reservations per person. He also said that Disneyland's attendance increased significantly, from the earlier low crowds, when they made the reservation change.

Niles on TPI today said Disney relaxed doing a hard check on ID's when they opened it up to 6 reservations per person. He also said that Disneyland's attendance increased significantly, from the earlier low crowds, when they made the reservation change.

Not sure of the process before they opened up more reservations, but my experience yesterday was they only checked the ID for the person who originally made the reservations and no one else in the rest of the party. After receiving our wristbands, we had to have them scanned before leaving the Launch Bay and once more before entering the new land.

Touring Plans rated both DL and DCA as a 3/10 for crowd levels and I would say that was fairly accurate.

So here’s my in-depth review of the land from my visit on Friday, June 21st.

First off, it was a beautiful day with a high of low 70s and mostly cloudy. Almost unheard of for the official start of summer.

Before entering, we rode Star Tours so we could later compare it to Smugglers Run.

Apparently, during the reservation period, they’re only allowing access through Critter Country. Understandable as it gives everyone a fair chance to access everything, especially Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot.

We got to Critter Country around 10:50 am. About 5 minutes later, they let us into the walkway, but held us until 11 am. We were standing underneath the train overpass at that time. Once let in to the land, the crowd briskly proceeded and we headed straight to Oga’s Cantina for a return time. Sadly, they gave out all return times for our reservation period about 10 people ahead of us so we didn't get to visit the Cantina. Bummer. From just outside, it does sound like a nightclub is going on inside.

The land is incredibly detailed. I love the aged/weathered look. I didn't get to see Rey or Chewie, but did see Kylo Ren and some Stormtroopers. It's great seeing how they interact with guests.

Blue and green milk were fun to try, but not something I'll order again. It's hard to enjoy with its slimy aftertaste. I kept having to chase it down with water to get rid of that icky feeling in my mouth. For a signature drink to a land, frozen Butterbeer is way better.

The only food item we tried was the Ronto Wrap, which is pretty tasty. The sausage has a nice snappy bite to it, which I assume has a natural casing. There's a slight heat to it, but not too much since my kids didn't complain about it being spicy. Just wished for the price, the sausage was thicker. There was nothing else interesting enough for us to want to try.

My 10-year old son got to build a custom droid. We all love it. It's a fun gadget to mess around with our yorkie and watch her reactions. Priceless!

Now on to Smuggler's Run. The queue is amazingly detailed. Making it so you can see the Millennium Falcon from the ground and above was a brilliant design. Hondo's AA was fluid. Haven't seen Hagrid's AA in person, but judging from videos, it looks to be on par with Hondo's.

I rode it three times from all three roles on the right side. First time was pilot. Graphics were pretty good and smooth. Pilot gives the best view of the entire screen, especially the sides. You get to start up the ship and pull the lever for lightspeed. Best seat for the best experience.

Second time was engineer. This had the worst view obviously and had the most buttons to push, not to mention they're scattered far apart. This created the worst experience as you miss much of the action on the screen if you want to interact properly.

Third time was gunner. This allows you to focus more on the screen and less on the buttons as there's only two to worry about, all while still getting a decent view of the screen. Second best position.

Given how kids are brutally honest, I asked my kids (ages 5, 7 & 10) which ride they liked better, Star Tours or Smugglers Run. All three said Smugglers Run. I asked why. They all said because of the buttons. My wife said the buttons detracted from the experience. So there you go. I know it's a small sample size, but I think kids will enjoy this no matter what, yet adults will likely have mixed opinions depending on the role they play.

If you get to pilot, you should be able to thoroughly enjoy the ride. Any other roles will get mixed reviews. Overall, I think it can be fun, but it can also be a chore. It's not a must-ride attraction for me after trying every role. I'll go on it again if time permits, but won't go out of my way to ride it like I would for Indiana Jones or all the Mountain rides.

As the land sits now, most people are in the right side of the land. Other than a few photo ops and some merch carts, there's not much to do on the left side for now. This really makes the whole land feel incomplete. I'm fine with no music playing throughout and happy with just the ambient noises. We'll see how things are once RotR opens with more shows/entertainment. Looking forward to the final product.