Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Wow. Disney taking back the crown again.
Soon Disney World will have two of the best themed lands ever created, Pandora and SWGE.

I think Disney Worlds SWGE is going to be superior to that of Disneylands. DL looks very liner.

Very liner?

Also, I actually think the exact opposite. To me DL looks to have the better version of this land (only slightly though). Which would make sense, seeing as how the land was designed for DL and then retrofitted into the space given at DHS.

Both the lands look similar to me with very small pros and cons in each one. I don't think one will definitely be better than the other and it will only come down to personal choice.

Soon Disney World will have two of the best themed lands ever created, Pandora and SWGE.

I think Disney Worlds SWGE is going to be superior to that of Disneylands. DL looks very liner.

Disneyland's is just further along, they're both the same width. DL is getting the larger of the two.

Looks like Disney's striking back real good after losing the HP theme park rights to Universal. Star Wars Land will be Disney's HP after the company is gaining momentum in the past few years, while Universal is constantly lambasted lately for rides devoted to 3ds and screens (and such rides makes the lines generally longer than practical-effect rides). If Universal's Super Nintendo World is just as equally as good as Wizarding World, Disney is gonna ramp the competition even more with Marvel rides.

Wow. This is going to be another Pandora-level stunner. Let's just hope these two rides have some throughput.

Wow. This is going to be another Pandora-level stunner. Let's just hope these two rides have some throughput.

This is going to surpass Pandora by a long shot IMO.

I think Disneyland will have the better version.

-3 entrances instead of 2.
-Half an acre bigger.
-Better transition into the land
-Land specifically designed to fit DL
-Better situated next to the Rivers of America

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt this will happen, but seeing how Marvel is bigger than Star Wars now (going by Infinity War beating the Force Awakens for biggest opening ever), I can’t gelp but throw out this big “what if”:

The Last Jedi didn’t earn as much as the hoped they would (which is a shame because I thought it was almost as good as Empire, but that’s another topic for another time). There is a good amount of people that aren’t thrilled about how SW is going or are getting worn out with the franchise.

With that in mind and considering the culture has shifted its obsession more on Marvel (Again, with Infinity War beating the Force Awakens for biggest box office opening ever), I wonder if Galaxy’s Edge will experience a similar fate to Wizarding World at USH? People may be put off with how Disney may handle their price structure and how they may handle the franchise and not as many may show up as hoped. Maybe charging extra to get in to GE on top of admission may blow up in their face.

I mean, this is Disney we’re talking about. It won’t be as bad as USH Wizarding World considering this will be the first one of its kind and brand new, but you never know; we could see something along those lines for grand opening reception. Like I mentioned, people may be worn out on Star Wars, how Disney may structure their pricing scheme, and be more focused on Marvel.

Hey that’s another factor. You may have people hold off until Marvel Land. Could you imagine? Galaxy’s Edge doesn’t get as many people as they hoped and Marvel bursts DCA at the seems.

Disney will not be charging extra for SW:GE entry. Special events and the eventual hotel in FL will be where Disney hits the true SW fans with upcharges.

Disney will not be charging extra for SW:GE entry. Special events and the eventual hotel in FL will be where Disney hits the true SW fans with upcharges.

I see Disney locking Fastpass/Maxpasses to those who are only doing Fastpass+ for WDW and Maxpass for Disneyland, to lessen the amount of people trying to reserve.

And, that I do expect this to be handled more alike the lines of Hogsmeade (when it was opening day), to where you will be ticketed of a time to when you can enter the land.

I seriously doubt this will happen, but seeing how Marvel is bigger than Star Wars now (going by Infinity War beating the Force Awakens for biggest opening ever), I can’t gelp but throw out this big “what if”:

The Last Jedi didn’t earn as much as the hoped they would (which is a shame because I thought it was almost as good as Empire, but that’s another topic for another time). There is a good amount of people that aren’t thrilled about how SW is going or are getting worn out with the franchise.

With that in mind and considering the culture has shifted its obsession more on Marvel (Again, with Infinity War beating the Force Awakens for biggest box office opening ever), I wonder if Galaxy’s Edge will experience a similar fate to Wizarding World at USH? People may be put off with how Disney may handle their price structure and how they may handle the franchise and not as many may show up as hoped. Maybe charging extra to get in to GE on top of admission may blow up in their face.

I mean, this is Disney we’re talking about. It won’t be as bad as USH Wizarding World considering this will be the first one of its kind and brand new, but you never know; we could see something along those lines for grand opening reception. Like I mentioned, people may be worn out on Star Wars, how Disney may structure their pricing scheme, and be more focused on Marvel.

Hey that’s another factor. You may have people hold off until Marvel Land. Could you imagine? Galaxy’s Edge doesn’t get as many people as they hoped and Marvel bursts DCA at the seems.

That's because the new Star Wars movies banks on nostalgia, whereas the MCU movies as well as Fox's movies like Deadpool makes them feel like they're so relevant. Both Star Wars and Marvel Lands are really gonna draw the crowds away from Los Angeles for a couple of years, and Universal has yet to build the most immersive SNW besides removing and replacing current attractions.