Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
Seems like Thrawn: Alliances will be very much a introduction piece for those wanting to know more of Batuu, the setting of Galaxy's Edge more, now thanks to that Padme will have a small bit on the planet in the new book..

Blaw923

Feb 10, 2016
Found myself over at Disneyland this past weekend and saw some of the construction. Wow the Battle Escape show building is absolutely massive!

Reactions: JoeCamel

LieutLaww

Premium Member
May 3, 2015
UK
It shows just how big the building is when they have 2 full sized AT-AT's as part of attraction

HereWeGo

Mar 29, 2015
Does DL have some sort of restriction on people flying over their park? I'm just curious as to why we get so many overhead pictures of DHS but never for DL. Or is it just because it's expensive to rent a helicopter and no one wants to do it? haha

rhino4evr

Veteran Member
Apr 7, 2010
Does DL have some sort of restriction on people flying over their park? I'm just curious as to why we get so many overhead pictures of DHS but never for DL. Or is it just because it's expensive to rent a helicopter and no one wants to do it? haha
Bio’s plane can’t make it over that easily.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
There's restrictions on flying over Disneyland (not DCA if I remember), so that's likely where the lack of aerials stems from. The most recent one was taken from a Military plane.

HereWeGo

Mar 29, 2015
How come that ship that just recently was placed on the roof over at DHS doesn't seem to be at DL? Shouldn't it already be there since this one is further along?

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
How come that ship that just recently was placed on the roof over at DHS doesn't seem to be at DL? Shouldn't it already be there since this one is further along?
Maybe it's just a thing that they can add on later without much concern? Curious about that too, as it should be up; along with that and the falcon.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
It was added shortly, but shortly after it was removed. I'm not sure if there was an issue where the piece wasn't the size they were expecting, something broke, or they simply removed it so it didn't get damaged.

k_peek_2000

Veteran Member
Jul 2, 2013
Orange County, CA
Both lands have had very different construction timelines. Some structures went up first at DHS that had not even broken ground at Disneyland. Though Disneyland is overall ahead.