Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Nearmap is using this as an ad on Facebook:

31870349_2063190787288202_8180178958021558272_n.jpg

31870349_2063190787288202_8180178958021558272_n.jpg

any new scenes details for the battle escape attraction

At this point in Development, don't expect anything really said of Alcatraz (Battle Escape) or of the Falcon until when they need to for when they need too.

Especially with how DL will open first and before DHS, it wouldn't be wise to speak of anything now.

For now, photos/videos of backstage (LEGALLY, and not risking your job) and from within actual park portions visible from within the park are all we are getting.

Speaking of, from Fresh Baked,

Wh Scenes have been confirmed for the battle escape attraction

The only thing we have confirmation of is the ride car's (not the system), the AT-AT scene, some small visual art of a group of Stormtroopers attacking the riders, and one small look of concept art of Kylo Ren.

Outside of that, we don't have a damn clue to what the actual story of Battle Escape is.

The falcon, we know how it works, sure. And that we don't have that much else going for it, outside of a glaring thing, WDI's partnership with Nvidia on that attraction (But that's more in how things will run in real time, with ray tracing, and that they are working with Disney's WDI directly with mockups).

Last edited:
Is Disneyland going to do a few weeks of soft openings for the land to ease the crowds and test stuff? Or are they just going to set an opening date and have the crowds rush in at once?

Is Disneyland going to do a few weeks of soft openings for the land to ease the crowds and test stuff? Or are they just going to set an opening date and have the crowds rush in at once?

I am not going to be surprised, if they treat it like Toy Story Land or Diagon, not doing Softs at all, and leaving it only for TM Previews so they can be the Guinea Pigs instead of park guests.

I can't see them not doing any sort of soft openings with the amount of people expected to come see the new land

I have a feeling they are going to rush to get this open and then there’s going to be loads of technical difficulties and angry guests.

Tech rehearsals are a thing of the past with Disneyland. They can sell up-charge tickets and test on 25,000 cast members if they wanted to.

Actually, I will retract what I said previously.

I wouldn't be shocked, if the "previews", are charged at 500 USD per person, with CMs forced to pay 90 USD for their previews.

Disnleyland will almost assuredly charge money to see the land prior to grand opening. No free previews on this one.

If people were willing to pay $300 to see Pixar Pier ONE DAY before opening, think of how much money Disney can charge for a few weeks of Galaxy's Edge previews.

Does anyone know how successful the $300 Pixar Pier preview was? They were still advertising tickets the day before the event.