Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m curious if the capacity issues continue for the cantina, which is highly likely if there would be any room in the resistance forest area for them to add an underground speakeasy type cantina. (A phase 2 similar to Toy Story) This is just from looking at videos on the ground there seems like there is space they could add something but the building for ROTR may take up too much space.

Even an outdoor bar (think Watering Hole) might be useful. A sort of Beer Garden type venue themed to a Resistance hideaway.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Even an outdoor bar (think Watering Hole) might be useful. A sort of Beer Garden type venue themed to a Resistance hideaway.

I mean... They could just axe the possible TSR addition and build an additional room for the Cantina in the open space behind the Cantina...

I also want to add I commend Disney for doing this limited reservation thing on a large scale. All guests are coming away impressed and happy (even if they're not giving Smuggler's Run rave reviews). Check in was seamless, lines are short, guests are happy, and money is being spent. Bravo to the ops team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also want to add and commend Disney for doing this limited reservation thing on a large scale. All guests are coming away impressed and happy (even if they're not giving Smuggler's Run rave reviews). Check in was seamless, lines are short, guests are happy, and money is being spent. Bravo to the ops team.

It really was a great way to ensure the land stays open all day without closing/creating a massive line through Disneyland. It will help blow off some of the pressure when it opens fully to the public.

Very smart plan. I'm sure they saw the line of people to get into Hogsmeade when it first opened and were like... "NOPE"

they should really do a reservation only entry for the full summer...and wdw should follow suit.

I like the idea of “extending” the cantina or a “resistance” beer garden.

People’s first impression of these new lands are usually accurate, so I’m surprised that reports so far have been very short of glowing, which is what I was expected with this addition. Will be interested to see if RotR makes any difference in people’s opinions when it opens later this year. Not the emotional crying and joy that we saw when Hogsmeade and Diagon opened at UOR.

Im quite surprised by this.

People’s first impression of these new lands are usually accurate, so I’m surprised that reports so far have been very short of glowing, which is what I was expected with this addition. Will be interested to see if RotR makes any difference in people’s opinions when it opens later this year. Not the emotional crying and joy that we saw when Hogsmeade and Diagon opened at UOR.

No one in the general public has ever dreamed of batuu, so how can the connection be the same?

I also want to add I commend Disney for doing this limited reservation thing on a large scale. All guests are coming away impressed and happy (even if they're not giving Smuggler's Run rave reviews). Check in was seamless, lines are short, guests are happy, and money is being spent. Bravo to the ops team.

Yeah I think this is a huge win for the operational aspect of the land. They did a great job softening the craziness of the crowds with the reservation system. Major Kudos to them in this department

Why? This isn't Tatooine. It's a generic themed land, wth slight hints of Naboo at best. I mean, they could have built it in Animal Kingdom, and left out the space ships.

Why? This isn't Tatooine. It's a generic themed land, wth slight hints of Naboo at best. I mean, they could have built it in Animal Kingdom, and left out the space ships.
They sort of actually DID build it in Animal Kingdom. The land actually looks vaguely similar to Pandora in more ways than one. Even with that said, I still stand by my assessment that i'm happy they went with creating Batuu.

Some people were reportedly emotional when seeing the Falcon.

I watched a Smuggler's Run POV, two in fact from the engineer and gunner position. From what it looks like, you can easily see the screen unless you're short, and if you're a quick learner, multitasking is no problem. Just push the button and try to shoot. It's also not like Space where it'll happen regardless, you still have to interact and that affects things. The pilot however is obviously the best position. That's just cool, and what I'll request when I go. I trust Len but I do honestly think he had an unfortunate first impression. I'd be curious to see if he rode it again.

The one thing that's majorly disappointing is that it's only one mission right now, and there's only a couple of differences. I understand why that is at the moment, but I wish they switched it up a little more.

The one thing that's majorly disappointing is that it's only one mission right now, and there's only a couple of differences. I understand why that is at the moment, but I wish they switched it up a little more.
I'm assuming that, especially once they inevitably get rid of Star Tours down the line, Smuggler's Run will be the new ride that gets updates and new ride profiles. Of course with MF:SR being interactive/plays out more like a video game than Star Tours, that means that it won't be as easy to just swap in and out scenes. It'll actually take quite a bit more effort to create new missions for this ride.

Reactions: Ryan
Starting to come down with the same opinions, to be honest. I think I'd find the Sabers more compelling at $100 or even $120. $200 is nuts, especially without a meatier show experience (which really demands an animatronic appearance or two).

The Cantina looks nice but is ultimately just a souped up version of the Scum & Villainy bar in Hollywood, which is honestly disappointing. There needed to be more capacity (probably two additional rooms of similar size) and the restaurant. Also... some actual entertainment beyond R3X. A band. Aerial dancers. So on.

I think early resistance (heh) to Falcon might taper once Rise opens. Falcon feels like a much more compelling companion experience versus a main event.

Do we know what these new light sabors are like? Do they expand, are they always extended, etc. I was under the impression they were a new technology and closer to "real" light sabors than ever before. Just trying to figure out if $200 is outrageous or not.

Reactions: tielo
Being inside the Falcon, and later...being inside the Star Destroyer is plenty iconic and nostalgic. We’ve already read reactions that people “cried”.

Again I’m curious why a few of you seem to focus on any bit of negativity you can, instead of the abundance of positive reviews out there.

It’s obvious the Falcon has some flaws based on its overall design, but I don’t think anyone is walking away from this expansion shrugging their shoulders.

Reactions: HPFred
A few opinions from the outside:

Droid Shop looks awesome. Lightsaber Shop is ... fine... but that $200 kills a lot of it for me.

Cantina looks like a big whiff.

Falcon looks fun but flawed. When wait times start to really increase, the flaws may be heard more.

Land as a whole looks incredible. I kinda like the "No BGM decision".

Agreed. The droid shop looks like the best execution from what we have seen so far. Kudos to whoever came up with and designed that space.

The Cantina? Yikes. It looks like a totally uncomfortable and confined space. It should have been much larger.....with a seating area controlled with a reservation system. They could have had the walk-up bar to order drinks only.