Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Excuse me?

Because we are harsher on this land than you are doesn’t mean we are harassing someone or entitled.

so look who's offended...

I said "some people", I didn't point out anyone in particular so calm down.
There is logical criticism and then there is that other ugly stuff that appears when talking about the last jedi too...

Last edited:
I’ll just leave this here...I think a few of you could learn something from it...not likely.

Daisy Ridley On Social Media Silence, Fan Backlash, & Why This Is Just A Job
I read the article and while I agree than some people take things too seriously, harassing the actors in ways that are truly scary and are totally unacceptable, but everyone is subject to criticism about our work. We all have to answer to someone on how we perform, even having our own business. It's either having to hear criticism from bosses, customers or peers. Of course there are some people who can't be constructive or criticize without grounds, but if you can't take light criticism like the one she refers in her interview, I think you have a problem. Granted, it was a reunion but the comment wasn't mean, the person only said that they liked the first one movie better. Why get upset about that? Because our work can be very personal, we might take criticism on our performance personal, but we need to understand that many times it's necessary to get better at what we do. By the way, if you really want to enlighten some members or to open an interesting discussion, passive aggressiveness is not the way to go

EDIT: I think people get a bit more upset about movies being bad because it's a strange product that if you don't like it, there is no way to get your money back. So sometimes people feel conned and that the company is laughing on its way to the bank

Last edited:
I read the article and while I agree than some people take things too seriously, harassing the actors in ways that are truly scary and are totally unacceptable, but everyone is subject to criticism about our work. We all have to answer to someone on how we perform, even having our own business. It's either having to hear criticism from bosses, customers or peers. Of course there are some people who can't be constructive or criticize without grounds, but if you can't take light criticism like the one she refers in her interview, I think you have a problem. Granted, it was a reunion but the comment wasn't mean, the person only said that they liked the first one movie better. Why get upset about that? Because our work can be very personal, we might take criticism on our performance personal, but we need to understand that many times it's necessary to get better at what we do. By the way, if you really want to enlighten some members or to open an interesting discussion, passive aggressiveness is not the way to go

EDIT: I think people get a bit more upset about movies being bad because it's a strange product that if you don't like it, there is no way to get your money back. So sometimes people feel conned and that the company is laughing on its way to the bank
And furthermore that was irrelevant to post because no one on this site has done any character assassination or anything but it is what it is when it comes to people's popular opinion about the sequels.

I’ll just leave this here...I think a few of you could learn something from it...not likely.

Daisy Ridley On Social Media Silence, Fan Backlash, & Why This Is Just A Job
This is exactly how I felt about Game of Thrones fandom during the last season. I was sitting there captivated, loving every moment of it, but then I saw what people we're saying online and it kind of ruined the shared experience for me.

That being said, my main issues with GALAXY'S EDGE are the terrible business decisions that Disney made while creating the land and the roll out of the unfinished product.

It seems like when imagineers we're told that the original plans weren't grand enough for the franchise, the solution they came back with was to add $300 million more in rock work without really thinking about what Star Wars fans love the most about the franchise. The recognizable music, the beloved original characters, the overwhelming scale of the empire, and what it means to be a Jedi are all missing from this land.

Then, there are the greedy cooporate decisions with numerous raises in ticket prices and block out dates for pass holders. Couple that with opening an unfinished land with one attraction that offers only a marginally better experience than Star Tours or Mission Space. All because they thought the IP would just print money despite alienating the core Disneyland fans. A large majority of them Annual Pass holders who can't use their annual passes.

This is exactly how I felt about Game of Thrones fandom during the last season. I was sitting there captivated, loving every moment of it, but then I saw what people we're saying online and it kind of ruined the shared experience for me.

That being said, my main issues with GALAXY'S EDGE are the terrible business decisions that Disney made while creating the land and the roll out of the unfinished product.

It seems like when imagineers we're told that the original plans weren't grand enough for the franchise, the solution they came back with was to add $300 million more in rock work without really thinking about what Star Wars fans love the most about the franchise. The recognizable music, the beloved original characters, the overwhelming scale of the empire, and what it means to be a Jedi are all missing from this land.

Then, there are the greedy cooporate decisions with numerous raises in ticket prices and block out dates for pass holders. Couple that with opening an unfinished land with one attraction that offers only a marginally better experience than Star Tours or Mission Space. All because they thought the IP would just print money despite alienating the core Disneyland fans. A large majority of them Annual Pass holders who can't use their annual passes.
They didn't just throw a bunch of rock work at an underwhelming pitch - both rides weren't in the existing pitch. The original vision for a Star Wars Land was sort of what DHS turned into the past few years with just a bunch of Star Wars "things" happening everywhere with no cohesive vision, all centered around Star Tours being the main attraction.

There really was no actual "land", initially.

They didn't just throw a bunch of rock work at an underwhelming pitch - both rides weren't in the existing pitch. The original vision for a Star Wars Land was sort of what DHS turned into the past few years with just a bunch of Star Wars "things" happening everywhere with no cohesive vision, all centered around Star Tours being the main attraction.

There really was no actual "land", initially.
I’m not surprised who had to correct that poster people are starting make things up now to justify their hate for GE.

It always strikes me that the planets in Star Wars being defined by a single biome. Even the architecture is very specific for each planet with a singular style and era (no building upon older civilizations). It is understandable and makes planets instantly recognizable. It is surprising that imagineering went for a collage of different styles and added a convoluted backstory while noting in Star Wars ever used that. It makes a huge disconnect from the franchise.
Question is, can a theme park put multiple different locations with a different look and feel in 1 land. If I look at Diagon Alley and it's connected London area and Knockturn Alley I think it is possible.
But it is all water under the bridge...

It always strikes me that the planets in Star Wars being defined by a single biome. Even the architecture is very specific for each planet with a singular style and era (no building upon older civilizations). It is understandable and makes planets instantly recognizable. It is surprising that imagineering went for a collage of different styles and added a convoluted backstory while noting in Star Wars ever used that. It makes a huge disconnect from the franchise.
Question is, can a theme park put multiple different locations with a different look and feel in 1 land. If I look at Diagon Alley and it's connected London area and Knockturn Alley I think it is possible.
But it is all water under the bridge...

Once again this is just your opinion; I haven’t visited but based on pictures / video walk thrus the land does look like something from Star Wars to me.

I think what’s missing is a lack of real alien life, droids, and other walk around characters. In all of the locations we visit in Star Wars, all of them are filled with various types of habitants.

A couple AAs in a store doesn’t make the land feel as “alive” as it probably should.

If Disney can figure out away to add more street performers and actors, besides just Stormtroopers it will go a long way.

And for the 80th time..once Rise opens, peoples view of the overall worth of this project should change dramatically.

Once again this is just your opinion; I haven’t visited but based on pictures / video walk thrus the land does look like something from Star Wars to me.

I think what’s missing is a lack of real alien life, droids, and other walk around characters. In all of the locations we visit in Star Wars, all of them are filled with various types of habitants.

A couple AAs in a store doesn’t make the land feel as “alive” as it probably should.

If Disney can figure out away to add more street performers and actors, besides just Stormtroopers it will go a long way.

And for the 80th time..once Rise opens, peoples view of the overall worth of this project should change dramatically.
And once again that is your opinion... not sure why mentioning this, right.
Performers are set dressing, and I think it doesn't mater much when the set doesn't reflect the world that they tried to create in the first place.

What does Star Wars even look like? In all seriousness

From Mice Chat today in their Disneyland update article...."Specifically, we've noticed more of the Batuu Radio creeping into different parts of the outpost, as well as Docking Bay 7 Post Music now being played in the side dining room where no music was being played before.....Music is still a big point of contention for many Galaxy's Edge fans. We still feel the lack of John William's beautiful music being played in the land is a misstep, but it appears that Disney is beginning to address the void many guests are feeling in the land"................Mice Chat also included a nice map of exactly where , in the land, the various types of music are being played. And, they recommended Disney add the original trilogy characters to the land, in addition to adopting Williams' music, to liven the land.