Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, I agree with your assumptions. There are so many variables to everyone's preferences, likes & dislikes, that it's nearly impossible to please everyone. Some of it's almost predictable though. Seems like people that are big coaster enthusiasts are usually more likely to embrace a coaster oriented attraction and more likely to dislike screen oriented attractions, but there's even exceptions to that. :) Myself, as long as an attraction is themed & fun, it's fine with me. I don't expect every new attraction to be heads and tails above the previous new attraction. That's a nearly impossible feat. But with me, most theme park attractions are winners. I can only think of a couple attractions/shows (Stitch, Fear Factor), between Disney & Universal I don't like. Some I like more than others, but I like just about all of them. After all of these years living in the northeast and only going to Coaster/Flat Ride parks, it's a real joy to step into a Universal or Disney Theme Park & experience true theme park attractions. I'm easy to please. :)

Exactly. I love coasters but I love good rides as well. Haunted Mansion and Pirates are two of my favorite rides because they are fun. I love dark rides but still enjoy the thrill of coasters. My mother wouldn't step foot on a coaster but loved Disney because she could ride everything. I just wished that Disney would add some rides not tailored to five year olds and now I'm getting that wish (Tron, Guardians, and these rides. Fun and thrilling without being terrorizing.

Reactions: Jones14 and Mad Dog
This is been commented before, but it is so bizarre to see Disney creating more of what Universal has and Universal creating what Disney has. Such a turnaround.

It's all about balance. Universal has been screen heavy for a while and is trying to go a different route for a while and vice versa for Disney.

A lot of people were annoyed at Universal going down the screen route for so long but imagine how much worse it would be, if Disney was heading the same direction at the same time.

As for SW:GE Battle expectations? I expect it to be the undisputed best ride in the world. At the very least the undisputed best ride in the United States.

That’s how much confidence I have in them. I expect nothing less than brilliance.

I don't know, I think this guy in the F&F thread said it best.

Webhead isn't totally off-base here. On one hand- I don't need to ride F&F to know that I'm upset it's another screen based attraction. It will be screen based- no argument there. And the screen reliance and our disdain of it is well documented in this community.

Where he isn't off-base is talking about the praise for Mario Kart. Our very few insiders (see- 2 people IMO), while often accurate, plans change and red herrings are thrown to them as well. They certainly aren't infallible. Heck, look no further than Kong and all the animatronics and things that were rumored to originally be a part of the plan. We got some AAs- but not nearly what we heard initially- and ultimately ended on an almost exclusively screen-based attraction (which I thoroughly enjoy for the record).

So forgive me if I reserve judgement for SLoP or Mario Kart or other attractions until they are built. As much as people are questioning @WebHead1138 's enthusiasm for F&F- I can equally question everyone else's enthusiasm for MK or SLoP. Lest we forget that Mark Woodbury is still at the helm in Orlando- so until he is gone, I'll temper any enthusiasm until something is built. "Rumors" of AAs, regardless of the source and their track record, are just that- Rumors. UC has shown us nothing in the recent past that has shown us any sort of departure from screen reliance. So I'd toss a banana peel and throw a green turtle shell on that enthusiasm until they do.

I don't know, I think this guy in the F&F thread said it best.

Hah
All that does is reiterate my point. Disney’s recent track record of E-Tickets in all of their parks globally is pretty damned impressive.

So while one has given us screen after screen after screen after screen, I’ll temper all expectations until there is a departure from that.
And while the other has given us RSR, FoP and Shanghai Pirates, I’ll expect that quality until I see a departure.

So forgive me if I use recent track record as a means for basis instead of rumors that can change on a dime for attractions that haven’t even started construction.

Much like this guy said in the Harry Potter thread, UOR/JKR/WB’s previous history and track record is what I’m basing my expectations on.
While Nintendo makes me a hair nervous, because UC, while really good, has always had that "90% perfect" policy- this bullet point reassures us all that this ride will, in fact, be beyond our expectations.

• Our award-winning Universal Creative team is once again collaborating with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films to bring this new coaster experience to life.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNIrd and SkiBum
My guess is MMRRR is going to be roughly a billion times more fun than GMR.

I also don't think it is going to throw off the parks balance for too long with Star Tours on the chopping block.
Isn't it going to be projection mapping anyway...I'm up for a discussion with it, but I think projection mapping and screenz are very different

Reactions: Andysol
Come 2019, the park will have:

A “2.5D” dark ride
A 3D motion simulator
An animatronic-heavy dark ride
A 2D motion simulator
A whip ride
A launched family coaster
A 3D dark ride
A drop tower
A launched rollercoaster

Even with Star Tours, that’s still less screenz rides than USF by three (which will have 7 such rides out 11) of assuming Shrek is gone), and that park will feel just fine to me by then, so I’m not too worried about lopsidedness.

It’s no Animal Kingdom or IOA, but it’ll do just fine. Epcot is still Disney’s worst offender when it comes to sameness.

Reactions: Andysol
Come 2019, the park will have:

A “2.5D” dark ride
A 3D motion simulator
An animatronic-heavy dark ride
A 2D motion simulator
A whip ride
A launched family coaster
A 3D dark ride
A drop tower
A launched rollercoaster

Even with Star Tours, that’s still less screenz rides than USF by three (which will have 7 such rides out 11) of assuming Shrek is gone), and that park will feel just fine to me by then, so I’m not too worried about lopsidedness.

It’s no Animal Kingdom or IOA, but it’ll do just fine. Epcot is still Disney’s worst offender when it comes to sameness.

2.5D lolz

Reactions: Jones14
Noticed a wall of screens at the exit of Mission: SPACE today. It seems to be the precursor to Star Wars whole rank and status system.

No one I saw on the wall had any level of rank yet, but no one coming off the ride seemed to have experienced it before since the rehab either though.

View attachment 5642 View attachment 5643 View attachment 5644
Robert's experience Translated to plain English: "You're an uncoordinated nerd with no athletic ability. If you piloted a space ship, we'd all be dead by now" ;):lol:

Reactions: ChrisFL and Joel
Robert's experience Translated to plain English: "You're an uncoordinated nerd with no athletic ability. If you piloted a space ship, we'd all be dead by now" ;):lol:

Also, the way everyone has one of those spacesuit helmet personas, I cant help but think it's meant to grab your face while you're on the ride.

Come to think of it - we need to find out if there's correlation between the assigned program and position in the mission. The "nerd" outcome may have been triggered by being the Engineer on the mission.

Edit: Did some Nancy Drew'ing. The screens were there in August and even had the Mission Rosters sign over them, but were just showing random clips.

Edit some more: There's 6 screens, and each screen has a slot for up to 6 guests. The screens don't show the same people. So that's 36 guests it can show and cycle through at a time.

It does some sort "data load" screen and shows all the names it'll have in its group in a larger format to get guests to stop and look at it. Then it cycles through the guests in its group one at a time - 3 screens per person.

But each ride holds 40 guests.. so.. interesting.

Last edited:
So, I was looking at the current status of construction. The one thing that jumps out to me is how much wasted space there is (my opinion only). They could have built a third ride easily in the area that borders Toy Story Land. I don't know. I get the whole "immersive land" thing but would people prefer to explore or ride rides?

I will add that, yes, I haven't seen it yet and I am already griping.

Reactions: Cheezbat