Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

So, I was looking at the current status of construction. The one thing that jumps out to me is how much wasted space there is (my opinion only). They could have built a third ride easily in the area that borders Toy Story Land. I don't know. I get the whole "immersive land" thing but would people prefer to explore or ride rides?

I will add that, yes, I haven't seen it yet and I am already griping.

That berm between SW and the rest of the park is designated as an expansion plot for a third ride. I'm guessing that they aren't just building it now, so that they can go to Potter route and add it when crowds die down to suck them back in.

A lot of the empty space not filled in right now will be home to massive new restaurants, shopping, and character experiences/photo ops. That's going to be more than a third of the land when all is said and done.

Don't underestimate how large the cantina and other dining establishment will be... They're just focusing on building the ride buildings first.

That berm between SW and the rest of the park is designated as an expansion plot for a third ride. I'm guessing that they aren't just building it now, so that they can go to Potter route and add it when crowds die down to suck them back in.

I am thinking the new (3rd) ride will fall in line with the Rian Johnson trilogy. Disneyland is saving space in that corner of the land for expansion as well so there IS definitely something planned. My guess is it'll happen mid-late 2020's (closer to when the Olympics hit LA so Disney can combat Universal Hollywood's big plan).

I have this suspicion that Disney will build something similar to the HE connecting SWL to the Staf Wars hotel.

If the hotel is going where we think it could be and it has direct access into SWL, I don’t think a bridge will cut it.

I am thinking the new (3rd) ride will fall in line with the Rian Johnson trilogy. Disneyland is saving space in that corner of the land for expansion as well so there IS definitely something planned. My guess is it'll happen mid-late 2020's (closer to when the Olympics hit LA so Disney can combat Universal Hollywood's big plan).

Interested to know what you mean by Universal Hollywood's big plan..:tongue:

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they use what Johnson is going to implement for a expansion. The wondering thought I have though, is how it'd be used, for both coasts.

I am thinking the new ride will fall in like with the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Disneyland is saving space in that corner of the land for expansion as well so there IS definitely something planned.

Idk, they just announced that trilogy, and we can't really expect the first movie to come out till at least 2021. I doubt they are deep enough into the Johnson trilogy to really know whats going to be the big thing in there yet. Not to mention, if its a different time and place, it really couldn't be next to the Falcon and New Order logically. Always possible, but I'd be surprised. I'm assuming this is like HP where Uni already had their plans for Diagon before they ever opened Hogsmede. I think they know exactly what they want to do for the expansion already.

A lot of the empty space not filled in right now will be home to massive new restaurants, shopping, and character experiences/photo ops. That's going to be more than a third of the land when all is said and done.

Don't underestimate how large the cantina and other dining establishment will be... They're just focusing on building the ride buildings first.

No, I understand how the land will be used. However, it doesn't feel like it is efficient. Kind of like Toy Story Land. A good ride on the side opposite of Battle would help spread the crowd around and would also provide even more capacity for a land that will probably be swamped.

No, I understand how the land will be used. However, it doesn't feel like it is efficient. Kind of like Toy Story Land. A good ride on the side opposite of Battle would help spread the crowd around and would also provide even more capacity for a land that will probably be swamped.
I think they're planning on the marketplace offerings across from the rides to be attractions unto themselves. Between a dinner show type restaurant and cantina with droids, animatronic characters, and actor interactions it may very well be enough to draw attention itself.

Plus, yea, probably a third ride later of course.

Idk, they just announced that trilogy, and we can't really expect the first movie to come out till at least 2021. I doubt they are deep enough into the Johnson trilogy to really know whats going to be the big thing in there yet. Not to mention, if its a different time and place, it really couldn't be next to the Falcon and New Order logically. Always possible, but I'd be surprised. I'm assuming this is like HP where Uni already had their plans for Diagon before they ever opened Hogsmede. I think they know exactly what they want to do for the expansion already.

Just because they just announced it doesn't mean they just started working on it. They have 30 years of Star Wars movies planned.

Great look inside the SW:GE tunnel (From WDWtraveler over on Magic)

I9ken2O.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that backstage photo is losing someone a job.

Huh? I know plenty of people that signed the one over here in LA and took plenty of pictures just like those and none of them are fired. None of those pictures really reveal anything of importance or secrecy.

Yeah, beam signing pics get posted for just about every project.

They're legit not allowed though...

I'm not gonna be the dick who reports anyone, but if anyone chooses to do so they can press to have them fired. If Disney is presented with the evidence and doesn't pursue it the union will go after them for any termination related to backstage photos.