Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kinda like Carousel of Progress but with simulators instead of theaters. It's supposed to make it so you don't see people loading into the dozen or so millenium falcons, but rather YOU are in the REAL millenium falcon.

Based on the pic, it looks like they will be able to have a single MF ramp and hall to the cockpit in the queue. Stage at the bottom of the ramp. Walk the group for the single car up, and into the waiting cockpit. Rotate till the next one is in place. Unload the last group, have them walk around a different hall to exit, then send the next group in. Should be seamless so you never see the next group or how the ride works as the back of the cars will surely have a door.

Reactions: Blaw923 and Coasted
Spiderman meets Dinosaur meets Star Wars......SIGN ME UP!

Is the Battle Escape show building the largest in Disney? It looks massive.

Sounds like a cool loading idea for MF. Walking up the ramp and into the cockpit to scale would really hit home for so many ppl.

It would be cool if they had the ride start and end on different planets so when you come down the exit ramp you are walking into another world than which you started. Cool idea for closure of an immersive experience.

Too bad the ending planet would have to be called Merchandiza, a planet of commerce, plush toys, and pressure to purchase haha

Spiderman meets Dinosaur meets Star Wars......SIGN ME UP!

Is the Battle Escape show building the largest in Disney? It looks massive.

Sounds like a cool loading idea for MF. Walking up the ramp and into the cockpit to scale would really hit home for so many ppl.

It would be cool if they had the ride start and end on different planets so when you come down the exit ramp you are walking into another world than which you started. Cool idea for closure of an immersive experience.

Too bad the ending planet would have to be called Merchandiza, a planet of commerce, plush toys, and pressure to purchase haha

I don't think this will exit to a store as the entire land is a mall.

I am really curious as to whether they will fill sand right over the top of the tunnel. If so will they plant trees up there too? I know they’ll be able to plant trees on either side where there is more depth of fill.

I am really curious as to whether they will fill sand right over the top of the tunnel. If so will they plant trees up there too? I know they’ll be able to plant trees on either side where there is more depth of fill.

I don't think they are going to cover it, or at least not of any real depth. The walls to the left of the tunnel entrance are shorter or the same height as the top of the tunnel. If they were to put sand or dirt up there, it could fall over top of the wall into the courtyard. The SW side they can fill up though as the wall is taller there. They will only fill up to the the tar line on the walls as that prevents water from seeping through. They still might have more tar work to do though.

It seems like the DW version of this land won’t have quite as grand of a “reveal” as the DL version. Like when you first enter the land at Hollywood Studios it seems like the tunnel is pointing you towards a wall when you first enter, where as in DL you immediately see the land and what it has to offer.

But maybe it’s different when you’re actually on the ground. I don’t know.

Reactions: Coasted
It seems like the DW version of this land won’t have quite as grand of a “reveal” as the DL version. Like when you first enter the land at Hollywood Studios it seems like the tunnel is pointing you towards a wall when you first enter, where as in DL you immediately see the land and what it has to offer.

It will still have a reveal. Similar to how when you enter Diagon, you gotta turn left than right. If anything what they are doing with SW is better for crowd control. The Diagon entrance is usually backed up because of people stopping to take pictures.

IMG_8997.PNG
... it seems like the tunnel is pointing you towards a wall when you first enter, where as in DL you immediately see the land ...
I wonder if original plan was Y shape tunnel ie one entrance with 'two' exit reveals each with a different view? ie left through that symmetrical wall by the yellow digger...

(Thx to @bioreconstruct for photos)

This is actually true. The grand entrance is located centrally at Disneyland (it's the middle of the 3 entrances) where the Disney World is only getting the two flanking entrances. DL's also ironically will be getting a better rebel side of the land since there's a long forested walkway between Critter Country and SWL, whereas in FL you get get sput out right infront of Battle Escape.

This is actually true. The grand entrance is located centrally at Disneyland (it's the middle of the 3 entrances) where the Disney World is only getting the two flanking entrances. DL's also ironically will be getting a better rebel side of the land since there's a long forested walkway between Critter Country and SWL, whereas in FL you get get sput out right infront of Battle Escape.
Well the land was designed for Disneyland, after all. It should have the better reveal.

The DL design was retrofitted into a plot at DHS and the entrances and things like that had to be rethought for the park. Personally I think it should still be a pretty nice reveal. It's gonna be no Diagon, but going from "Downtown LA" straight into the Star Wars Universe after walking through the tunnel will be similar to the London -> Diagon reveal.

That reveal is just more "cool" to walk through as it's something straight from the books.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
The DL design was retrofitted into a plot at DHS and the entrances and things like that had to be rethought for the park. Personally I think it should still be a pretty nice reveal. It's gonna be no Diagon, but going from "Downtown LA" straight into the Star Wars Universe after walking through the tunnel will be similar to the London -> Diagon reveal.
I'm also wondering if they will have an initial "single entrance/exit" for crowd control with GA being the entrance and TSL the exit. This would make the most sense to me.

I don't think that would be ideal as SWGE will help regulate park flow without having dead ends. Currently the park is just dead ends.

I think he means when it first opens and is at capacity daily and you have to queue to get into the the area. Which I agree with, you will queue in GA and probably the backstage areas around it, and exit only into TSL. Whenever the crowds eventually die down, you will be able to enter or exit anywhere.