Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To use an example I did back at the SWO Expansion thread, I do believe Galaxies Edge will reach a very similar problem to what Sesame Street will have for SWO, simply put; of the characters and stories already being represented in the park's (including Anaheim). But, what I do think SWL will have above Sesame Street is actually the aspect that some people were at the fence of.

The fact that they are going completely new, with a new location inspired by the NT.

In a way, this will allow Disney to be far more flexible with what they desire to do going forward with expansion, along with allowing it to tell new stories and new elements in the lore of the franchise. And it allows them to not use pre-existing material as much. At-least, that's how I see this project in general, and why I think Disney will be probably fine in the end with Galaxy's Edge.

To use an example I did back at the SWO Expansion thread, I do believe Galaxies Edge will reach a very similar problem to what Sesame Street will have for SWO, simply put; of the characters and stories already being represented in the park's (including Anaheim). But, what I do think SWL will have above Sesame Street is actually the aspect that some people were at the fence of.

The fact that they are going completely new, with a new location inspired by the NT.

In a way, this will allow Disney to be far more flexible with what they desire to do going forward with expansion, along with allowing it to tell new stories and new elements in the lore of the franchise. And it allows them to not use pre-existing material as much. At-least, that's how I see this project in general, and why I think Disney will be probably fine in the end with Galaxy's Edge.
I don't think the "already represented in parks" thing is going to be an issue. Diagon Alley did fine and that was just more Potter. When people hear that there's a land like Potter, but with Star Wars, they're going to be throwing cash at Disney.

I still can't get over the size of the Battle Escape show building..

Looking at the MF ride circular foundations inside their respective building, it doesn't look like there is very much room for a cool loading systems that's been hypothesized. There really isn't a lot of space in there.

Looking at the MF ride circular foundations inside their respective building, it doesn't look like there is very much room for a cool loading systems that's been hypothesized. There really isn't a lot of space in there.

I have a feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to be one of the best attractions Disney's ever built. It's going to raise the bar.

Reactions: Blaw923
I hope so. Star Wars is my favorite IP. Im just worried its going to have 5 hour waits all day.

Probably will have to fastpass one and then wait for the other, like in Pandora. That's why I wish they were building more rides for these new areas. A big land with two rides is just not enough.

Probably will have to fastpass one and then wait for the other, like in Pandora. That's why I wish they were building more rides for these new areas. A big land with two rides is just not enough.
There will be 9 rides in the parks with most being of either D/E Ticket caliber once SWL opens. It would seem that popularity of ToT and RNRC will drop dramatically once Mickey and the two SWL attractions open.

The park will likely still be split into two tiers. Battle Escape, Mickey, Falcon and RNRC will likely all be top tier. The rest will all be second tier, which would mean you could only choose one from that first tier and then two from the remaining. It will definitely be a Pandora type thing where you're going to have to get there real early AND have a FP.

I have a feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to be one of the best attractions Disney's ever built. It's going to raise the bar.

I hope so. It certainly has the potential. Also sounds like they are really trying to get back to practical dominated scenes.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

Does anyone know how big the building actually is / equivalent of many floors ... and please a comparison ie bigger than Everest / as big as Hogwarts etc? Love those drone photos...

There will be 9 rides in the parks with most being of either D/E Ticket caliber once SWL opens. It would seem that popularity of ToT and RNRC will drop dramatically once Mickey and the two SWL attractions open.

The park will likely still be split into two tiers. Battle Escape, Mickey, Falcon and RNRC will likely all be top tier. The rest will all be second tier, which would mean you could only choose one from that first tier and then two from the remaining. It will definitely be a Pandora type thing where you're going to have to get there real early AND have a FP.

I doubt TSMM will drop down to tier 2, and I can only hope Slinky Dash does not become overly famous, because we might be selecting 1 cool ride and 2 shows/M&Gs for the next 2-3 yrs on our FP+

.....heavy sigh

I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already.

They could EASILY, Sell a fast pass with a 90 day booking window, no tiers, and up to 5 vs 3 selections for a nominal fee. Or they could include it in a "Luxury" Hotel stay, but that would probably ruffle more feathers.

From the Disney Parks Twitter. Not sure if this is just a pic of the film set or if they actually have it pieced together somewhere (maybe Anaheim is far enough along?)

63A1D423-9C1C-4264-BDE5-B5DB27391A5B.jpeg

Last edited: