Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
thats the whole point
there were too many choices for lands
no centralized location, for what its worth i see the same problem for LOTR
just my opinion of course

Versus, not having enough choices for lands with HP? They will have to shoehorn or invent something to put Harry in the third park.
With SW, you start with Tatooine and keep building new lands until people stop spending money. Clearly there is still a fan base for SW. They could have driven the masses to all of their parks and spread it out for years. It's not an IP that they could only get by with one land. IMO it is the ultimate theme park IP. And I love HP and have made trips just for that, so that is saying something.
Both ways work though. I just think SW has more potential than HP overall.

LOTR I think has enough worthwhile lands, I just think it'll be a little harder to make fitting rides. They may have to go the HP route and do a FJ where something fits in the concept of the universe, but isn't necessarily canonical

i disagree
Just because butterbeer tastes good it's a better fit? There are plenty of reasons why HP is a great fit for theme park lands, but this is a pretty odd one.

Yes, Butterbeer is mentioned in the books, but if Universal didn't have good chef's to create a tasty specialty drink, then it wouldn't matter. Word of mouth would have been crap if the drink tasted bad. But it tastes great, so when people post on FB, Instagram or Twitter, or when they go home to their friends, they have nothing but great things to say about how good Butterbeer was.

Reactions: alomar and jtsalien
Just because butterbeer tastes good it's a better fit? There are plenty of reasons why HP is a great fit for theme park lands, but this is a pretty odd one.

Yes, Butterbeer is mentioned in the books, but if Universal didn't have good chef's to create a tasty specialty drink, then it wouldn't matter. Word of mouth would have been crap if the drink tasted bad. But it tastes great, so when people post on FB, Instagram or Twitter, or when they go home to their friends, they have nothing but great things to say about how good Butterbeer was.
Yea, before Universal got a hold of it friends told me the Butterbeer at the Warner Bros studio tour wasn’t very good. Just an overpriced cash grab at the end of the tour. I was pleasantly surprised when Hogsmeade opened with a new yummy formula. You gotta give Universal credit on hitting it outta the park on that one. (And then again with the ice cream!)

I think the Butterbeer at the Studio Tour is just fine. The tour did open two years AFTER WWoHP though so it’s strange if it’s a wildly different formula.
I’d personally like Blue Milk to be a yoghurt drink, but I can see why they wouldn’t want it to be an actual dairy product. I’m curious what the food options might be.

I think the Butterbeer at the Studio Tour is just fine. The tour did open two years AFTER WWoHP though so it’s strange if it’s a wildly different formula.
I’d personally like Blue Milk to be a yoghurt drink, but I can see why they wouldn’t want it to be an actual dairy product. I’m curious what the food options might be.
Grilled Porg? :look:

yeah you're missing my point my apologies for not being clear
i completely agree with you that Butter beer tasting good is the key point in its success but thats just a small part of my point.
my overall point was centralized locations like Hogwarts are far better area to adapt to a theme park than some random planet like Tattooine or Hoth (nothing says great theme park land like a desert or planet thats a glacier). LOTR has a similar problem. So many great locations its hard to determine which area for a theme park land.
Star Wars has many places none of which could be built because of the depth of the planet as they are presented in the movies
in terms of food and merch. 3 broomsticks is a place in the movie butterbeer was a real drink in the movie. What possible food will be served in star wars? i cant think of any either. You could say the same thing about Pandora in terms of food. IMO disney did a great job fitting Satuli into the theme of the land and i m sure they ll do a great job with the food and bev in SWGE its just not a natural fit that HP has going for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
yeah you're missing my point my apologies for not being clear
i completely agree with you that Butter beer tasting good is the key point in its success
my overall point was centralized locations like Hogwarts are far better area to adapt to a theme park than some random planet like Tattooine or Hoth (nothing says great theme park land like a desert or planet thats a glacier). LOTR has a similar problem. So many great locations its hard to determine which area for a theme park land.
Star Wars has many places none of which could be built because of the depth of the planet as they are presented in the movies
in terms of food and merch. 3 broomsticks is a place in the movie butterbeer was a real drink in the movie. What possible food will be served in star wars? i cant think of any either. You could say the same thing about Pandora in terms of food. IMO disney did a great job fitting Satuli into the theme of the land and i m sure they ll do a great job with the food and bev in SWGE its just not a natural fit that HP has going for it
Well food isn't as much of a worry as Pandora was actually as the Cantina will serve as the main Table Service restaurant. Now from there, all you really have to do is go back to A New Hope and TFA and look at the Cantina scenes and check out what they were eating. I'd even include Canto Bight as something they may take inspiration from considering that has the vibe of a Cantina. We already have confirmation of Blue Milk being a specialty drink and i'd be surprised if they didn't use the quick rising bread that Rey eats in TFA as well.

Obviously something like Potter is far easier to turn into a theme park land - almost tailor made based on the way the books were written and how in depth Rowling went into world building. I think Galaxy's Edge will be fine, though.

Reactions: twebber55
Exactly what i'd expect it to look like based on that early concept art we got. Disney has already recreated the Falcon for 3 movies (7, 8 & Solo) so I have no doubt this thing will be incredibly detailed.

I just am really wondering how the supposed interactivity is going to work on this ride and ACTUALLY be interactive, not fake interactive like Mission: Space.

I just am really wondering how the supposed interactivity is going to work on this ride and ACTUALLY be interactive, not fake interactive like Mission: Space.
Maybe it'll be majority-rules democracy based, like Horizons. Everyone selects a button for each decision and choice with most votes win. Guess we're turning right now.

But more realistically everyone will have a job and will actually get to do it, not just fake do it by pressing a button like Mission Space. Even if backseat doesn't get to fly, controlling the weapons could be fun too. (And by "fly" I mean move a tiny bit left/right and up/down within a limited range, like about as much choice as the cars on the Tomorrowland Speedway have within their rail.)

-Pilot could steer (to some extent, gotta avoid those asteroids!)
-Navigator could make decisions on where to go next, likely at light-speed
-In the back, both folks on weapons firing maybe?

Anything's a step up from Mission: Space's (lack of) interactivity honestly.

Reactions: Mike S
Exactly what i'd expect it to look like based on that early concept art we got. Disney has already recreated the Falcon for 3 movies (7, 8 & Solo) so I have no doubt this thing will be incredibly detailed.

One way would be for there to be multiple points in the ride where you have to make a choice or do a task, either individually or as a group. And you'll have buttons to make that choice. That choice or your accuracy at doing the task will determine what happens next. I can't see them actually letting people pilot the thing. That limits it to one person per car. So people wait for the pilot spot and make waits longer(if they don't let people wait, they get people loudly bitching). And since it supposedly affects the ride for everyone, when you get a bad pilot, others in the ride will be mad.

Reactions: Mike S
it looks really small and claustrophobic. Which may sound better on paper then in reality.

I would think the "seats" are chosen randomly, and am I missing something, are there only 4 seats in each pod? Holy capacity nightmare Batman.

it looks really small and claustrophobic. Which may sound better on paper then in reality.

I would think the "seats" are chosen randomly, and am I missing something, are there only 4 seats in each pod? Holy capacity nightmare Batman.
Small simulator pods... Gotta fit 'em all on the turntable ya know!

If this thing is on a boom arm like Forbidden Journey, 4 people may very well be the weight limit for that type of attraction.

Pretty sure its 6. On the back of the second row seats you can see some sort of grab bar or storage. If that was the back row, they'd be blanks.

Reactions: Andysol