Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really hoping the Battle Escape has some sort of wrinkle to it that will really excite me. As it stands though, I really wish there was a Speeder Bike coaster in the land or something.

My most anticipated Disney additions coming:
1) GOTG
2) TRON
3) Mickey
4) Falcon/Battle Escape
5) Ratatouille

I like your list. The thing that I think about SWL is that the lines are going to make it a nightmare. I haven't ridden Pandora's rides yet but I also have only been twice since it opened. However, I just can't see waiting for any ride for longer than 1.5 hours. That is a huge chunk of the day already. So, I figure that GOTG will have slightly more available lines that will become manageable over time. Same with TRON. Mickey and Ratatouille both look like fun rides. Thus, I'm not as excited for SWL.

I know that expectations about lines/Fastpass availability shouldn't come into play. However, it is something that really comes into play for my mindset. Why get excited for rides that I won't touch for a few years at least?

Reactions: Coasted
I like your list. The thing that I think about SWL is that the lines are going to make it a nightmare. I haven't ridden Pandora's rides yet but I also have only been twice since it opened. However, I just can't see waiting for any ride for longer than 1.5 hours. That is a huge chunk of the day already. So, I figure that GOTG will have slightly more available lines that will become manageable over time. Same with TRON. Mickey and Ratatouille both look like fun rides. Thus, I'm not as excited for SWL.

I know that expectations about lines/Fastpass availability shouldn't come into play. However, it is something that really comes into play for my mindset. Why get excited for rides that I won't touch for a few years at least?

Its extremely valid in the horrid world that is WDW with Fastpass Plus, and no significant ride capacity increase for almost 10 years

I'll likely hit Disneyland for that very reason.

That’s me with Mario Kart. I just think Battle Escape sounds way too tame. We’ll see, I hope it really wows me. I want Disney to give me something remotely as good as ToT or IJA again.

I think folks think Batttle Escape is going to top Spidey. While it might, if it is a supercharged Shanghai Pirates, I see a Ratatouille level ride with lots of minimum movement Stormtrooper AAs, some projection mapping, and maybe one impressive AA scene at the end.

In other news, Robert Niles is theorizing that one of the primary reasons Disney is opening the land at Disneyland first is so they can mount the greatest opening ceremony of all time, which they will not be repeating at Hollywood Studios.

I've long expected this was their plan, though I certainly wouldn't have thought their entire staggered strategy was a result of wanting to shaft Hollywood Studios to save money. And I'm not saying I believe that because Niles is saying it... but it seems plausible that was at least a partial factor.

I can't wait to bitterly compare how our opening festivities eventually stack up with the gigantic fanfare that Disneyland's is going to receive!

Dude that has nothing to do with Disney being slow. It's just about the current state of construction. It just does not look possible they can be done by next year.
Skip.... It's May 2018. Disney said "Late Fall 2019" for Galaxy's Edge.

That's 19 full months yet for them to finish up and open in "late fall". And they have been steadily following along at about 5-6 months behind DL since construction began. I don't see Disney waiting until 2020 for this, even if they have to pull a Volcano Bay and open it slightly prematurely to meet the deadline they set for themselves.

I'm reaaaaaaaaally ambivalent towards the Star Wars attractions right now. At least GOTG is gonna be a coaster, which at its baseline is more interesting to me than the Falcon or the Battle Escape. I think the land itself, as an entire package, will be super cool. But the rides I'm just not really feeling at all.
How can you not be at the very least excited for Battle Escape, a ride designed by the creator of the two best rides in Orlando (Spidey, FJ), and sounds like it could legitimately be the next advancement in mega dark-rides such as Spidey and FJ?

Last edited:
In other news, Robert Niles is theorizing that one of the primary reasons Disney is opening the land at Disneyland first is so they can mount the greatest opening ceremony of all time, which they will not be repeating at Hollywood Studios.

I've long expected this was their plan, though I certainly wouldn't have thought their entire staggered strategy was a result of wanting to shaft Hollywood Studios to save money. And I'm not saying I believe that because Niles is saying it... but it seems plausible that was at least a partial factor.

I can't wait to bitterly compare how our opening festivities eventually stack up with the gigantic fanfare that Disneyland's is going to receive!

Are you planning on going to the opening ceremony?

One word for the grand opening (courtesy of Ian Malcolm)
"First there was ooos and Ahhhhhhs! Then there's runing a screaming"
So not me!

PS. I can go a lot more for updates for you guys because no school!!!
Also check out my YouTube channel simply look up- RCT3 lets play Coaster world part 1 please subscribe!!!

How can you not be at the very least excited for Battle Escape, a ride designed by the creator of the two best rides in Orlando (Spidey, FJ), and sounds like it could legitimately be the next advancement in mega dark-rides such as Spidey and FJ?

Because so far everything I’ve read just...doesn’t make it seem like an advancement?

Skip.... It's May 2018. Disney said "Late Fall 2019" for Galaxy's Edge.

That's 19 full months yet for them to finish up and open in "late fall". And they have been steadily following along at about 5-6 months behind DL since construction began. I don't see Disney waiting until 2020 for this, even if they have to pull a Volcano Bay and open it slightly prematurely to meet the deadline they set for themselves.

Wait wait wait, Late Fall is in 17 months now. ;)

My issue with late fall 2019 is there can be compounding issues with the opening of DL's SWGE that would roll and impact WDW's opening. Plus any additional delays due to weather or other issues in Florida. And when I mean opening I mean the land, shops, restaurants, and rides. I could see them pull a fast one without a ride or both rides and go "IT'S OPEN LIKE WE SAID IT WOULD!"

Also did Throwbridge work on FJ? I thought that was mostly Coup.

Wait wait wait, Late Fall is in 17 months now. ;)

My issue with late fall 2019 is there can be compounding issues with the opening of DL's SWGE that would roll and impact WDW's opening. Plus any additional delays due to weather or other issues in Florida. And when I mean opening I mean the land, shops, restaurants, and rides. I could see them pull a fast one without a ride or both rides and go "IT'S OPEN LIKE WE SAID IT WOULD!"

Also did Throwbridge work on FJ? I thought that was mostly Coup.

My issue with it, is putting together a lame teaser trailer with the same boring and uninspiring concept art we've seen from day 1 :lol:

Yeah he did. Not sure to what extent. He's in a couple of the promotional videos they did.

Disneyland's SW:GE is opening first because there is only one team to program the ride systems and they can't be on two coasts at once so they had to choose one to open first. Disneyland won because of it's proximity to A-List Celebrities for the Grand Opening and Disneyland's infrastructure can handle the larger crowds (except parking). They need the extra time at DHS to at least get Mickey's open.

As far as I know both projects are on schedule.

Disneyland's SW:GE is opening first because there is only one team to program the ride systems and they can't be on two coasts at once so they had to choose one to open first. Disneyland won because of it's proximity to A-List Celebrities for the Grand Opening and Disneyland's infrastructure can handle the larger crowds (except parking). They need the extra time at DHS to at least get Mickey's open.

As far as I know both projects are on schedule.
Did we also have more demolition to do than them (Streets of America and Lights, Motors, Action) before we could even start? I don't know what they had to do to prep for construction there, but I know it took crews quite awhile to tear down all the infrastructure here.

It's not about trying to go there. It's about pointing out favoritism that, as a Walt Disney World partisan, I don't like.

And yes, I know the fans of each resort always think it's the other resort that gets all the preferential treatment. And yes, I know WDW has a lot of attractions coming in the next few years, which should be a trade-off. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal.

I just want Hollywood Studios' land to feel special and to have a sense of excitement surrounding its opening. It won't, because Disneyland will have stolen all the thunder.

It's not about trying to go there. It's about pointing out favoritism that, as a Walt Disney World partisan, I don't like.

And yes, I know the fans of each resort always think it's the other resort that gets all the preferential treatment. And yes, I know WDW has a lot of attractions coming in the next few years, which should be a trade-off. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal.

I just want Hollywood Studios' land to feel special and to have a sense of excitement surrounding its opening. It won't, because Disneyland will have stolen all the thunder.

If I'm not going I don't care if they bring out the reincarnations of Walt and Carrie Fisher.

Reactions: SeventyOne