Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Prominent Disney Insiders on Magic are saying Battle Escape Theoretical Hourly Ride Capacity at 1750 and the same for Millenium Falcon. Operational Hourly Ride Capacity is generally about 10 to 15 % less, so probably looking at 1500 to 1550 in real terms.

Out of curiosity, what was the supposed hourly ride capacity of Mario Kart? Is it better than both SW:GE rides?

Reactions: HPFred
And that's also assuming they work correctly. *looks at FoP*
Well, at the very least, the RVs will be more accommodating all around so that will speed things up, but it also isn't sharing a showbuilding with another ride, so overheating issues hopefully won't be an issue either.

Not that those are the only things causing issues with FoP, but they are certainly big issues nonetheless.

And that's also assuming they work correctly. *looks at FoP*
Yes, that's always the key. :lol:
Out of curiosity, what was the supposed hourly ride capacity of Mario Kart? Is it better than both SW:GE rides?
I've not heard or read of any capacity. Maybe someone else has. .....Generally, the new Universal attractions (except for DMMM, which was a simulator theater film redo) have been on the high side, so I would guess it will be decent capacity.

That's not how capacity works.

Haunted Mansion and LM use the same ride system and similar ride vehicle, but they don't have the same capacity. Same with Pirates and Small World.

Besides, it's not really the same. Battle Escape is a mix of Transformers, Rat, and will also have it's own unique elements as far as ride system goes.

It is how it works. It's just that LM spaces the ride vehicles more, so less capacity. Ratatouille has theoretical 2200, but with its setup, I can't see it getting close to that. With empty seats, and delays, I'd guess 1500.

Falcon could have huge capacity if all 4 pods are running. Battle Escape will hit somewhere under 2000 unless they have multiple groupers working, and single rider, which isn't really a Disney thing.

Yes, that's always the key. :lol:

I've not heard or read of any capacity. Maybe someone else has. .....Generally, the new Universal attractions (except for DMMM, which was a simulator theater film redo) have been on the high side, so I would guess it will be decent capacity.

1,500 PPH seems woefully inadequate for a land that will probably be as popular any anything has been. Combined, they would do around 36,000 guests for a 12 hour day which sounds like a lot until you consider how many people will be there, how the land's capacity will work, and how long the lines will end up being.

1,500 PPH seems woefully inadequate for a land that will probably be as popular any anything has been. Combined, they would do around 36,000 guests for a 12 hour day which sounds like a lot until you consider how many people will be there, how the land's capacity will work, and how long the lines will end up being.
Yeah. Plus, like Jungle Skip says, that's providing there's no technical issues slowing capacity (which there probably will be, at least initially). One of the major Disney insiders is privately saying the capacity of the land is significantly under what it needs to be........No GESWL vacation for me until that initial surge dies down. I like Star Wars, but I'm not crazy.

Reactions: HPFred
I’d also count Mickey’s capacity, though, since it’ll be less than six months old when the land opens. That will help pull all but the most diehard of fans out of Galaxy’s Edge at some point during the day, and the mere existence of that two and a half hour line will help alleviate some of the stress on the land at any given point.

Welcome to modern day Walt Disney World, not even close to enough rides for the number of people they welcome every day.

This way, most folks will have to go to the Studios 2 days to ride both rides. Which is exactly what Disney wants.

I’d also count Mickey’s capacity, though, since it’ll be less than six months old when the land opens. That will help pull all but the most diehard of fans out of Galaxy’s Edge at some point during the day, and the mere existence of that two and a half hour line will help alleviate some of the stress on the land at any given point.

Depends how much can be hidden. Part of FoPs problem is the queue is too large, and hidden.

I’m confused by what you mean. Do you mean that the lines will *look* short, therefore attracting more crowds, or something else?

If people go up to a queue, and see it spilling on to the Midway, many will skip it. Yeah, there's a sign with a number on it, but we all know how fake those numbers can be. TSL proved that just recently.

The queue should be large, but if you build a queue that can hold 3 hours of people, which for Disney's awful FP+ setup, isn't really that many, you can bet you'll have a 3 hour line. Build it for 2 hours, and you most likely won't have an hour line on the Midway.

I also don't understand why Disne, and Universal for Potter, hasn't started adding bathrooms in the queues. They claim how family oriented they are, but clearly have no clue the average size of a 5 year old's bladder. Or a 40 year olds that is drinking enough water not to die in the Florida heat.

If people go up to a queue, and see it spilling on to the Midway, many will skip it. Yeah, there's a sign with a number on it, but we all know how fake those numbers can be. TSL proved that just recently.

The queue should be large, but if you build a queue that can hold 3 hours of people, which for Disney's awful FP+ setup, isn't really that many, you can bet you'll have a 3 hour line. Build it for 2 hours, and you most likely won't have an hour line on the Midway.

I also don't understand why Disne, and Universal for Potter, hasn't started adding bathrooms in the queues. They claim how family oriented they are, but clearly have no clue the average size of a 5 year old's bladder. Or a 40 year olds that is drinking enough water not to die in the Florida heat.
FoP has bathrooms, they’re just cleverly themed as backstage hallways.