Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think anyone said there would be six hour waits just to get into the land for months. But there may very well be multiple hour waits for a very long time surpassing average wait times of any ride ever created of decent capacity. I don't think there is almost any effect on LA and Orlando getting the same land in lower crowds.
thanks for the response Bob here is where we disagree
now here me out, if there was no star wars land in Disneyland then people out west who are star wars fans would be flocking over to Orlando when this land opens. im looking at a 30% increase at DHS
just a guess of course

When it comes to Ratatouille I’ll be a bit tainted by “what might have been.” Apparently when Disney wanted to add a ride to France it was legitimately a choice between Rat and a clone of Tokyo’s upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride. Since Epcot is going down this path anyway I wanted what would have clearly been the better ride (this was before the new video confirmed how good it’ll be and before Rat was confirmed). I know we’re getting plenty of other cool stuff but to think we were *this close* to getting B&tB too? It’s kind of a bummer.

At least we got a miniature castle on top of an overpriced restaurant! Oh and a costume party.

When it comes to Ratatouille I’ll be a bit tainted by “what might have been.” Apparently when Disney wanted to add a ride to France it was legitimately a choice between Rat and a clone of Tokyo’s upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride. Since Epcot is going down this path anyway I wanted what would have clearly been the better ride (this was before the new video confirmed how good it’ll be and before Rat was confirmed). I know we’re getting plenty of other cool stuff but to think we were *this close* to getting B&tB too? It’s kind of a bummer.
I’m still of the mind that Rat was the better choice, because there’s no way we would have gotten the whole experience without ripping out a good deal of France. That castle and surrounding area is huge; no way we would’ve kept the theatre and bakery if they were gonna go full out on the ride’s entrance like they are in Japan.

Rat also has practically no representation in the parks, and Beauty in the Beast is in the fireworks, parade, two shows, one souped up meet and greet, a restaurant, and a regular meet and greet. If we weren’t getting Star Wars and Mickey, I’d feel a bit more down about missing out on another crown jewel E, but we’re getting plenty of shiny new toys in the couple of years.

I’m still of the mind that Rat was the better choice, because there’s no way we would have gotten the whole experience without ripping out a good deal of France. That castle and surrounding area is huge; no way we would’ve kept the theatre and bakery if they were gonna go full out on the ride’s entrance like they are in Japan.

Rat also has practically no representation in the parks, and Beauty in the Beast is in the fireworks, parade, two shows, one souped up meet and greet, a restaurant, and a regular meet and greet. If we weren’t getting Star Wars and Mickey, I’d feel a bit more down about missing out on another crown jewel E, but we’re getting plenty of shiny new toys in the couple of years.
It likely would’ve just been the ride and nothing else. Idk if the castle facade would’ve been built either.

Reactions: RevFreako
Oh, I agree with you. Japan's B&B would have been the greater choice. But I'm still pleased with the Rat coming, since it's a decent second choice and fits the French pavilion quite well....and I'm happy they kept the film. That's one of my favorite attractions in Epcot.

Supposedly they wanted Ratatouille because it would cost less and it could open faster. I won’t mourn B&tB as I think it would’ve been a poor fit for France. BatB can always go in Fantasyland, where it belongs. There’s room.

Oh, I agree with you. Japan's B&B would have been the greater choice. But I'm still pleased with the Rat coming, since it's a decent second choice and fits the French pavilion quite well....and I'm happy they kept the film. That's one of my favorite attractions in Epcot.
They’re keeping the film, but also adding a BatB sing-a-long...the will alternate throughout the day. I expect this to be the beginning of the end of Impressions de France.

Reactions: Alicia
It likely would’ve just been the ride and nothing else. Idk if the castle facade would’ve been built either.
And that’s what gives me pause. If there’s no castle, then how do you enter the attraction in a seamless way? Frozen gets away with it because the outside fishing village transitions to a cartoon fishing village with similar architecture, but Batb seems to have the whole queue in the castle, which is a huge shift from the streets of modern day Paris. If you do have a castle, then you’ve got the same issue, only outside instead.

We also know that the theatre was on the chopping block for some of the proposals, and since Batb has a bigger footprint than Rat, I’m wondering if that was out of a need for space, as Rat already buts up against the theatre, the service road, and the break trailers.

Plus, Rat is the closest thing to a perfect IP as World Showcase is gonna get. If the mandate is IP forever, I’m happy that there are at least people fighting for the best fits where they can.

Edit: Sorry for the thread derail! I wonder if the floor issues from Rat will carry over to RotR, or if they’ve figured out a solution that keeps the glossy floor look.

The whole hyperbolic talk, the tone of the video just rubs me wrong. It's so arrogant, so look at us being amazing and let me tell that to you, let me tell you how you should feel about this.
"It will be jaw dropping and incredibly emotional" - Sure that is Potter but can we decide for ourselves please. If it is great it will happen, trust your work, don't oversell.
"It's going to be an intense and super fun experience" - Or you will get nausea and trow up in this Star Tours clone. Again let us decide if it's fun.
"One of the experiences I am sure every visitor will love" - But what if I expect my Star Wars, you know the first 3 movies, I don't recognize this place, how can I love it.
"There is nothing more meaningful and more special to build this land" - Listen to that people who are running Give Kids The World or you who is working to find cancer treatments. Your work is meaningless!

Star Wars the rise of the resistance acting from the woman looking at the window is grinch worthy.
"This attraction invites you to be a recruit of the resistance and stand up against the first order" while sitting in a 'The Great Movie Ride' like vehicle doing nothing but you will be a hero? Where is "the outcome of the attractions will have impact about how the residence of Galaxy Edge will interact with you"?
Is this another Avatar where Disney over promise and under deliver? With their overblown statements it probably will but I'm positive the general public will love it.
All I see is Star Tours 2.0 with a simple video game thrown in there and a Great Movie Ride clone with added screens all wrapped in something that almost, but not quite, looks like Star Wars.
It's all about psychology, keep repeating those lines again and again until you make people believe it ahead of time. I agree about the Avatar let down.

Reactions: rastuso
Hopefully this is ok to ask here. I see that the planned opening date for Galaxy's Edge is June of this year. Does anyone know if this is still the case? The photos posted above suggest a lot of work still to do!