Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

It's just an idea but I don't think it'll happen. While SWGE will be super busy I don't think there will ever be a time where you have to wait to get in the land beyond the first few days it's open/holiday times. Remember everyone freaking out about Diagon Alley? This is twice the size in guest areas, it'll be fine.
Twice the size inguest areas and an extra ride within the land.

The crazy thing is that it would be cheaper to travel to DL than WDW from the UK but almost nobody ever does.

That is probably because they don't do package deals to DL from the UK, so if you want to go you pretty much have to do everything yourself, also we get 0 adverts for DL if you din't know Disney park history according to the UK adverts there is only WDW and DLP.

Instead WDW has Paid Extra Magic Hours. The rides with the longest waits with no waits for a few hours after the park closes or before it opens. Essentially the same as paid FastPass but without the inevitable backlash. Perfect!

If anything, I bet Paid Extra Magic Hours was a test for paid exclusive access to Star Wars. Framed as “extra” hours instead of “exclusive access” helps sell the concept without upsetting anyone that they can’t stay in the park for the last couple hours. Clever.

I've only done the parties, but I watched the Trackers go through some of the Paid Extra Magic Hours, and it seems like a decent deal. For someone like me who will have a plan of attack, you can really cover some ground.

I've only done the parties, but I watched the Trackers go through some of the Paid Extra Magic Hours, and it seems like a decent deal. For someone like me who will have a plan of attack, you can really cover some ground.
Yea, all you have to do is pay essentially a second entry fee of $120+ to go to the park for an extra couple hours.

But hey, there’s free snacks right?

Just in case you aren't following the SWGE progress/info on the DL side of things, Bob Iger just (seemingly) confirmed June as the opening date for DL. However, a specific month for DHS was not said. Just the usual "later in the year" remark.

uh i never mentioned pandora
it will be busy of course
two lands will help
I know you didn’t mention Pandora. Said it wouldn’t be as busy as people think which is funny. Two lands is irrelevant. It’s a Star Wars land at the busiest park in the US. It’s going to be insane no matter if there is another land in California.

I know you didn’t mention Pandora. Said it wouldn’t be as busy as people think which is funny. Two lands is irrelevant. It’s a Star Wars land at the busiest park in the US. It’s going to be insane no matter if there is another land in California.
right i dont think it will be as busy as people think of course it will be busy crazy busy but the idea of 6 hour waits to get into the land months after it opens are just not true in my opinion of course
two lands cut down on the traffic to both parks i think thats pretty much a no brainer because they re basically opening the same time

Will probably work out just right for a Ratatouille opening, too.
:thumbsup: Good point. So much going on at WDW that I had forgotten that was imminent.....My good friend UK Trigg told me he really enjoyed the Rat when he rode it in Paris his last vacation there. He said it was much better than his expectations,. So, I'm looking forward to that too.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: Good point. So much going on at WDW that I had forgotten that was imminent.....My good friend UK Trigg told me he really enjoyed the Rat when he rode it in Paris his last vacation there. He said it was much better than his expectations,. So, I'm looking forward to that too.
When it comes to Ratatouille I’ll be a bit tainted by “what might have been.” Apparently when Disney wanted to add a ride to France it was legitimately a choice between Rat and a clone of Tokyo’s upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride. Since Epcot is going down this path anyway I wanted what would have clearly been the better ride (this was before the new video confirmed how good it’ll be and before Rat was confirmed). I know we’re getting plenty of other cool stuff but to think we were *this close* to getting B&tB too? It’s kind of a bummer.

Last edited:
right i dont think it will be as busy as people think of course it will be busy crazy busy but the idea of 6 hour waits to get into the land months after it opens are just not true in my opinion of course
two lands cut down on the traffic to both parks i think thats pretty much a no brainer because they re basically opening the same time
I don't think anyone said there would be six hour waits just to get into the land for months. But there may very well be multiple hour waits for a very long time surpassing average wait times of any ride ever created of decent capacity. I don't think there is almost any effect on LA and Orlando getting the same land in lower crowds.