Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I'm seeing plenty of mixed responses for the Smuggler's Run ride experience from it's ok to incredible. If Rise of the Resistance opens before DHS opens Galaxy's Edge and it delivers like it's hyped up to.

Could this have a negative impact on DHS's opening?

I'm seeing plenty of mixed responses for the Smuggler's Run ride experience from it's ok to incredible. If Rise of the Resistance opens before DHS opens Galaxy's Edge and it delivers like it's hyped up to.

Could this have a negative impact on DHS's opening?
I feel it's full steam ahead regardless of what Twitter says

really hope it’s not a free for all at DHS

Rumor has been that Disney was going to see how the Reservation system worked at DL and if it went well, they'd change to using it here as well.

I feel it's full steam ahead regardless of what Twitter says
Yeah, at this point, vacations are booked and lots of non-refundable money has been spent.

Rumor has been that Disney was going to see how the Reservation system worked at DL and if it went well, they'd change to using it here as well.

You don’t think since WDW is a “destination “ that they are going to let all who come to experience the land that day? With a reservation system it prevents that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how the cantina will fare in comparison to Disneyland, with so many easily accessible places to get alcohol right around the corner from the land.

I imagine it has to be at least marginally better, right?

I wonder how the cantina will fare in comparison to Disneyland, with so many easily accessible places to get alcohol right around the corner from the land.

No one jumped thru the hoops just so they could have an adult beverage in DLR. If anything, the fact it's slammed while MF had 20 minute lines shows how doomed the concept is--because MF is not going to have 20 minute waits when the public is allowed full access to the land.

So in Disney land you are not able to leave the bar with a drink. I don’t think that will be the case in Orlando. Which may help get people in and out quicker.

Also, they could easily build a drink stand outside of the cantina or in the resistance forest as someone else mentioned.

They aren’t going to have the same limitations as they do in Disney land , so it will be interesting to see if they take advantage of that.

You don’t think since WDW is a “destination “ that they are going to let all who come to experience the land that day? With a reservation system it prevents that.
No, it prevents those who did not pay the premium to experience it, if they limit it to on-site guests for advanced reservations.

Rise of the Resistance should be operational the day of grand opening in Orlando. Its Memorial Day weekend and we wont have reservation time slots. I see the opening in Orlando being pure madness.

Rise of the Resistance should be operational the day of grand opening in Orlando. Its Memorial Day weekend and we wont have reservation time slots. I see the opening in Orlando being pure madness.
Why would you think it would be open for opening day in Orlando. Disney has already said it won't be.

Rise is purposely being delayed in Orlando to alleviate crowds where at Disneyland it was because of a legitimate technical problem. They're just hiding the two facts to make it seem like this was planned in tandem as opening operations.

I think Rise will open in BOTH parks in December ...that’s just my hunch.

I'm sure as hell not spending $15 on a drink to leave the cantina.

This already happens at Trader Sam’s at the poly. The outdoor area charges just as much as the indoor tiki bar sans special mugs/atmosphere.

They could at least set up a separate beer bar for those that just want a beer without waiting an hour to get into the cantina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you think it would be open for opening day in Orlando. Disney has already said it won't be.

For the fact that they are able to work out all the kinks at Disneyland and bring that knowledge to Hollywood Studios.

In an interview a Disney executive said they were bringing people working at the Orlando park to Cali to train them for Orlando.

Last edited:
Rise is purposely being delayed in Orlando to alleviate crowds where at Disneyland it was because of a legitimate technical problem. They're just hiding the two facts to make it seem like this was planned in tandem as opening operations.

I think having both open will alleviate crowds. Right now there would just be the falcon ride.