Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rise is purposely being delayed in Orlando to alleviate crowds where at Disneyland it was because of a legitimate technical problem. They're just hiding the two facts to make it seem like this was planned in tandem as opening operations.
If it were purposefully being delayed it would be because the data tells them splitting the opening is the best way to extract money off of multiple stays from more profitable guests while spending a bit less overhead. Disney world doesn't care about capacity anymore because they want to encourage longer stays and DVC. I could see ROTR opening not long after if they decide they just need to extract money from the blogger/media/first for everything type people initially and then pack the place before the big money dries up.
I think Rise will open in BOTH parks in December ...that’s just my hunch.

This already happens at Trader Sam’s at the poly. The outdoor area charges just as much as the indoor tiki bar sans special mugs/atmosphere.

They could at least set up a separate beer bar for those that just want a beer without waiting an hour to get into the cantina.
Yea and those people are idiots. The beer is priced to reflect the experience. But hey idiots with money are the mouse's favorite customer!

Reactions: tielo
1 hour of music, but around 3 hours of DJ’ing loop. So he replays songs but says different stuff sometimes I guess.
Does anyone remember where we got this information from?
I tought it was from some panel, but this is from before Celebration, and before that the closest i could find was a panel on Star Wars Galactic Night from May 2018.

Reactions: Coasted
Does anyone remember where we got this information from?
I tought it was from some panel, but this is from before Celebration, and before that the closest i could find was a panel on Star Wars Galactic Night from May 2018.
I believe I heard it from Carlye Wisel. Either from a Travel and Leisure article or her guesting on Disney Dish.

carlye wisel (@carlyewisel) | Twitter

Reactions: HPFred

It's not clear if it means they will be the first, or will be the first and only ones - but Gold AP's and below are not included.

Pass level notwithstanding, this is smart. Burn off some of that opening day/week/months rush by getting the AP holders in there early. Make the initial crowds slightly less insane.

They will most likely stick with the DL model. It has seem to work pretty well. What that number is exactly? Not sure but it didn't feel crowded. Reservations sold out in 2 hours so I expect it will be pretty quick at DHS too.
Somewhere between cluster and the 40 people that were let into the Hagrid's ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably will prove an unpopular opinion, but for the amount my g/f and I drop each year, I'm ok with this. Assuming it's more than 40 PAPs and they don't use EventBrite.

I'd like to think the Gold Pass is nothing to sneeze at :lol:

I mean I get it. There's a metric ton of Gold passes. But this a bit more substantial of a benefit than a festival magnet. Oh well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not even Gold this time!?!
I had the same reaction, but what better way to entice APs to upgrade their pass than to tell them that they get to be the first ones into SWGE? Behind Silver, Gold is probably the most popular pass, too, so that would allow a *significantly* higher amount of people in.

To me it just seems like a highly business-minded decision, with hopes of making a quick buck off of people upgrading.