Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: SeventyOne

I think people are making way too big a deal. Standby won’t be offered because there’s no where to setup a line in Disneyland. They’ll use a paper reservation ticket like WWOHP did.

And I doubt the limiting time will ever come into play. No matter how good the land is, tha vast majority of people won’t just camp there all day, because that’s not how people visit theme parks

And I doubt the limiting time will ever come into play. No matter how good the land is, tha vast majority of people won’t just camp there all day, because that’s not how people visit theme parks

Don't people on this very board talk about how they can "spend all day in Diagon"? Hyperbole or not, people do like to just sit there and soak it in. Once the newness wears off and people have been a few times, I agree it won't be a big problem. At first though, knowing they are limiting access and that it'll be massively crowded for the foreseeable future, a percentage of people will want to spend a bunch of time there. Especially in DL where its a high percentage of locals who have seen everything else in the parks plenty of times. Not to mention, the people getting hotel rooms and getting the reservations specifically for this land aren't your tourist family who are going to see everything in the parks and have to keep moving. People are going to want to stay past the "get out" time.

I was really just talking about the mass amounts of people that will still show up and expect to get in and experience the land. Disney can only do so much to get word out that there is no standby line to get in. People will still show up expecting to get in and will raise hell when they are told no...

Reactions: rastuso and natespf
They have said the timed in/out is still being worked but I can imagine it being similar to a lift ticket at a ski resort. You wear a color coded tag or wristband and when your time is up, you will be asked politely to leave.
They manage to empty out the parks effectively when they have ticketed events so I would expect the same approach as they sweep the land with CMs starting at the entrance and moving towards the exit.

Don't people on this very board talk about how they can "spend all day in Diagon"? Hyperbole or not, people do like to just sit there and soak it in. Once the newness wears off and people have been a few times, I agree it won't be a big problem. At first though, knowing they are limiting access and that it'll be massively crowded for the foreseeable future, a percentage of people will want to spend a bunch of time there. Especially in DL where its a high percentage of locals who have seen everything else in the parks plenty of times. Not to mention, the people getting hotel rooms and getting the reservations specifically for this land aren't your tourist family who are going to see everything in the parks and have to keep moving. People are going to want to stay past the "get out" time.

I guarantee the people you're talking about take up less than 1% of the people in a theme park on any given day. It's just not going to be an issue

Reactions: HPFred
I guarantee the people you're talking about take up less than 1% of the people in a theme park on any given day. It's just not going to be an issue

You really think that for the first month of opening of the first Star Wars land where you specifically had to get a reservation to get in at all, that it will be typical theme park guests and that only 1% will want to hang out in the land? This isn't "any given day".

Reactions: SeventyOne
You really think that for the first month of opening of the first Star Wars land where you specifically had to get a reservation to get in at all, that it will be typical theme park guests and that only 1% will want to hang out in the land? This isn't "any given day".

I think people will want to hang out. I don’t think they’ll have to sweep the land for massive amounts of people who won’t leave

They have said the timed in/out is still being worked but I can imagine it being similar to a lift ticket at a ski resort. You wear a color coded tag or wristband and when your time is up, you will be asked politely to leave.
They manage to empty out the parks effectively when they have ticketed events so I would expect the same approach as they sweep the land with CMs starting at the entrance and moving towards the exit.

That’s how I envision them doing it.

At the end of the day most people will have a Fastpass, a dinner reservation, or a parade to catch at some point. Only the crazies will try to hunker down in the land.

I'm up for some Jawa House music for sure.
Same here love me some House music, and I am currently in Miami for WMC, MMW, & Ultra, and I was hoping to catch me some Jawa house sets, and DJ Rexx at least at one of the pool parties.
However, I can see the real crazies wanting to stay in there from open to close, I am gonna wait to all the hype is over and then go, since my nephew wants to go so bad but he still thinks they have to transport all the droids in from Naboo.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
1 hour of music, but around 3 hours of DJ’ing loop. So he replays songs but says different stuff sometimes I guess.

Do we have any indication as to what the composition of his set is going to be, musically? I think I had heard speculation that there will be some new pieces, but I also hope we hear some of Williams' classic tracks in there, too, such as "Cantina Band," "Cantina Band 2," and "Lapti Nek."

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia