Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So as someone who is spoiler free for the most part, now that both are opened up as entrances, which would you recommend for the better wow factor?
Toy Story Land entrance will give you the bigger wow factor (personal opinion, maybe others can chime in). Grand Avenue is a lesser version of the London into Diagon entrance as there’s nothing cool to see once you get through the Grand Ave entrance.

Toy Story Land entrance will give you the bigger wow factor (personal opinion, maybe others can chime in). Grand Avenue is a lesser version of the London into Diagon entrance as there’s nothing cool to see once you get through the Grand Ave entrance.

Backed 110%. I was immensely underwhelmed by the Grand Avenue entrance since that whole area is so dead. When we came back after our TSMM fastpasses, we were far more impressed.

Talking about entrances... 1513 US / 2013 UK time. I noticed MFSR wait time is less than FOP. Please does anyone know the queue time / length to get into SWGE? In other words;

1. Is SWGE at capacity and wait time only 105mins (great relatively), whereas FOP is longer? .... or

2. Are guests instead queueing at SWGE entrance, to keep SWGE below capacity and therefore SMFR queue time is artificially low, whereas Avatar land guests are not held back, so MSFR and FOP wait times are not comparable?

If you know what I mean...
07F3E748-B9C2-42A0-8D1C-931C72F84178.jpeg

Talking about entrances... 1513 US / 2013 UK time. I noticed MFSR wait time is less than FOP. Please does anyone know the queue time / length to get into SWGE? In other words;

1. Is SWGE at capacity and wait time only 105mins (great relatively), whereas FOP is longer? .... or

2. Are guests instead queueing at SWGE entrance, to keep SWGE below capacity and therefore SMFR queue time is artificially low, whereas Avatar land guests are not held back, so MSFR and FOP wait times are not comparable?

If you know what I mean...
View attachment 10796

1. The land itself has not been at capacity/used the virtual queue since the first 6 or so hours of opening day.

2. Same as above. There's no queue at the entrance of the land. It's freely open right now. If it was at capacity, they would use the virtual queue for the land, but it's not busy enough to warrant it right now. I don't think there's any artificial deflation happening with MSFR right now from anything I've seen.

So, upon a second visit tonight, a glaring thing stuck out to me as I was hungry and looking for a snack (as I didn’t want to pay theme park prices for dinner).... there’s nothing in the land as far as non-beverage “snacks” beyond Kat Saka’s kettle and the jerky at Ronto’s I guess.

Either way, it left a bad impression with me as I just wanted something to eat that wasn’t quick serve and they really don’t have it in the land.

So, upon a second visit tonight, a glaring thing stuck out to me as I was hungry and looking for a snack (as I didn’t want to pay theme park prices for dinner).... there’s nothing in the land as far as non-beverage “snacks” beyond Kat Saka’s kettle and the jerky at Ronto’s I guess.

Either way, it left a bad impression with me as I just wanted something to eat that wasn’t quick serve and they really don’t have it in the land.
I like that Pandora has the snack mixes, candy bags, and more grab and go snacks in the gift shop. Galaxy’s Edge needs more of that at least.

Do you guys feel like this is true ?

I definitely felt all the cast was definitely into it and the Cantina has a good vibe, as well as a solid energy overall throughout the land, but can’t compare to DL as I haven’t been.

Also, I saw Rey and Chewie a few times today, including them walking around “inspecting” the ship. Still haven’t seen the Kylo thing by the tie-fighter, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted
The land will be much more solid after Rise. That area of the land is just so dead right now.

Yeah. I was always going to wait anyway. I don’t have a season pass; and find Disney extremely over priced, especially when you have to stay at one of their hotels to get fast pass.

I really hope they keep Galaxy Edge Fast Pass free.

Yeah. I was always going to wait anyway. I don’t have a season pass; and find Disney extremely over priced, especially when you have to stay at one of their hotels to get fast pass.

I really hope they keep Galaxy Edge Fast Pass free.
Fastpass is built into these rides (and being used by Disability), so I’m sure they plan on adding it.

I’d be a bit surprised if at the very least Smugglers Run doesn’t have FP+ once MMRR opens next year.

Reactions: Andysol
The buzz here seems a bit more positive than in CA.

Thinking about entrances, I like how both Woody and Buzz have their TSL entrances now--a nice symmetry that I miss from JP and LC.

On another note, saw a certain someone on Twitter making a big deal about the Coke bottles and how evil Rowling is for not allowing them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol

Yeah my DLR friend has been smuggling churros into the land for this same reason. Just not particularly impressed with the snacks or food at all in the land. I've heard mixed things about Docking Bay 7 but can't wait to try it.

Yeah my DLR friend has been smuggling churros into the land for this same reason. Just not particularly impressed with the snacks or food at all in the land. I've heard mixed things about Docking Bay 7 but can't wait to try it.

This land could be perfect for a snack (meal) like a turkey leg pretending to be some alien animal. Bring the pork shank back?