Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not really either. The only thing I want is for Disney to drop the timeline of being between 8 & 9 and i'm fine with the land. I want the land to be a true outer rim planet that it's supposed to be. Hell, in the books, Batuu is now connected to the clone wars and so is Vader. It would be the perfect spot for The Mandolorian. It's really just a shame they're stuck between such a small window in time when the SW Universe is so large and has so much to pull from.
They're not stuck if they're the only ones who care about the integrity of the timeline.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm not really either. The only thing I want is for Disney to drop the timeline of being between 8 & 9 and i'm fine with the land. I want the land to be a true outer rim planet that it's supposed to be. Hell, in the books, Batuu is now connected to the clone wars and so is Vader. It would be the perfect spot for The Mandolorian. It's really just a shame they're stuck between such a small window in time when the SW Universe is so large and has so much to pull from.
I think they did what they could to build an engaging "land"

But then we get into the weeds of "Did Star Wars actually need a land"

Reactions: Jamesh22
This is just a rehashed story of land that centered around the Pod Racer coaster that we all knew of. That was a thing, and then things changed.

Another poster on another forum made an accurate reference to the other attraction, which would have been in the league of the Avatar boat ride.

Don't know if I believe the KK angle as much as the project just getting a reboot once it became bi-coastal with a lot more $$$ behind it. The Galaxy's Edge that you see went through the value engineering process (no "third" attraction, being generous there... no roaming droids... no entertainment) while the stories about the front-of-the-park land didn't. It would have looked like garbage next to Diagon Alley after the cutting process.

All I know is that a version of Galaxy's Edge -- executed at the same level of quality and budget but based on the Original Trilogy -- in the Indy plot, plus a massive Pixar Place expansion with Radiator Springs Racers and the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster, would have been better than what ended up happening (even though I'd be upset that Indiana Jones' presence in WDW would be gone).

I say that as a big fan of the current Galaxy's Edge and as somebody who doesn't dislike Toy Story Land.
Unfortunately, that is very far from the OT Echo proposal.

Reactions: HandsomePete
If they could somehow create a land that resembles cloud city they’d have my money.

Imagine a ride based around Luke and Vader’s first fight.

Also, imagine walking around a clean, crisp utopian society.

Just a shame we’re about 200 years away from that kind of technology!

Considering the original rumored plans included a tie fighter spinner, I really really really really really really doubt that it would be "executed at the same level of quality and budget" of SWGE.
That, and the Harry Potter debacle, say the same to me.

I find it really hard to believe that there was any world where there was enough money to get us a fully-realized Star Wars land and our dream Pixar land.

Something would’ve gotten cut.

I find it really hard to believe that there was any world where there was enough money to get us a fully-realized Star Wars land and our dream Pixar land.

Something would’ve gotten cut.
I would have sacrificed the Millennium Falcon Ride and Blue Milk for a really good Toy Story dark ride

I would have sacrificed the Millennium Falcon Ride and Blue Milk for a really good Toy Story dark ride
You're only saying that because you know both of those turned out to be mediocre at best. Mention a Millennium Falcon ride and Blue Milk to any theme park fan in 2015 and ask them which they'd prefer and I can guarantee you the overwhelming majority would be for Falcon and Blue Milk.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Disney's clear lack of proper execution for this land, and what looks to be Marvel, has reallyyyy lost me as a consumer for them. Yes, I was supposed to go to Disney this April to check out Star Wars, although other than Rise the land hasn't given me a ton of feeling of need to go and visit. It is what it is. Tattoine would've been better, I've said it from day 1, I do not understand why they went all in for Disney Star Wars when the majority of Star Wars fans hate those movies. Its just so disappointing and somewhat depressing as a Star Wars fan.

You can't give us generic Star Wars and assume we're going to feel "connected". Frankly, I think a really good comparison is Fantastic Beasts land at EU, so just hear me out.

While the box offices cannot compete and Im not arguing that aspect, these are both prequel/sequel trilogies that are not well regarded amongst the fanbase. Some enjoy, some Love, while most seem to not care/be disappointed. I don't think many hardcore Star Wars fans are clamoring for more Kylo or Rey in films or rides, as we don't know much about them in all seriousness, so while Rise in person seems to me like the craziest theme park experience, it lacks emotion because of the characters. The land itself is designed very well, but again, there's absolutely zero emotional connection to it. Unlike the Wizarding World, there's nothing about SWGE that jumps out to me other than obviously the Falcoln, and Rise. There's just no emotional connection.

I worry about this for Fantastic Beasts as well. While I personally love them, I understand many fans do not have an emotional connection to the Fantastic Beasts franchise. I think that this land like SWGE, will be incredibly visually appealing and the rides will be stellar and on caliber with the other Potter rides and Rise itself. I don't doubt that, but I worry no one will care. The sell here is the Wizarding World.

What I think gives the Wizarding World the upper hand is that you have interactivity so the guests feel a part of it. SWGE doesn't seem to have anything like that obviously other than the Falcon, but thats a ride you have to wait at least 30 minutes for. Cant just walk around and find something interactive, you have to wait for it. Idk I'm kinda spitballing here but I reallyyyy see a major connection with SWGE and the Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts. Both I'm expecting to be very good lands but I worry about the emotional connection to it amongst the masses. SWGE from what I've heard from friends, here, online, doesn't seem to 100% deliver. Doesn't seem like many people are unhappy but there are few and far between glowing reviews for this area like I had hoped.

Reactions: SpyderDan and tielo
Disney's clear lack of proper execution for this land, and what looks to be Marvel, has reallyyyy lost me as a consumer for them. Yes, I was supposed to go to Disney this April to check out Star Wars, although other than Rise the land hasn't given me a ton of feeling of need to go and visit. It is what it is. Tattoine would've been better, I've said it from day 1, I do not understand why they went all in for Disney Star Wars when the majority of Star Wars fans hate those movies. Its just so disappointing and somewhat depressing as a Star Wars fan.

You can't give us generic Star Wars and assume we're going to feel "connected". Frankly, I think a really good comparison is Fantastic Beasts land at EU, so just hear me out.

While the box offices cannot compete and Im not arguing that aspect, these are both prequel/sequel trilogies that are not well regarded amongst the fanbase. Some enjoy, some Love, while most seem to not care/be disappointed. I don't think many hardcore Star Wars fans are clamoring for more Kylo or Rey in films or rides, as we don't know much about them in all seriousness, so while Rise in person seems to me like the craziest theme park experience, it lacks emotion because of the characters. The land itself is designed very well, but again, there's absolutely zero emotional connection to it. Unlike the Wizarding World, there's nothing about SWGE that jumps out to me other than obviously the Falcoln, and Rise. There's just no emotional connection.

I worry about this for Fantastic Beasts as well. While I personally love them, I understand many fans do not have an emotional connection to the Fantastic Beasts franchise. I think that this land like SWGE, will be incredibly visually appealing and the rides will be stellar and on caliber with the other Potter rides and Rise itself. I don't doubt that, but I worry no one will care. The sell here is the Wizarding World.

What I think gives the Wizarding World the upper hand is that you have interactivity so the guests feel a part of it. SWGE doesn't seem to have anything like that obviously other than the Falcon, but thats a ride you have to wait at least 30 minutes for. Cant just walk around and find something interactive, you have to wait for it. Idk I'm kinda spitballing here but I reallyyyy see a major connection with SWGE and the Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts. Both I'm expecting to be very good lands but I worry about the emotional connection to it amongst the masses. SWGE from what I've heard from friends, here, online, doesn't seem to 100% deliver. Doesn't seem like many people are unhappy but there are few and far between glowing reviews for this area like I had hoped.

I disagree on one point about Fantastic Beasts. Most people, whether they like the FB movies or not still love the world building and locations in those movies. Many on this board have commented on how they would like to see a French MOM. So I think Universal are on safer ground.

If you then flip that around, are there any locations in the new Star Wars trilogy which you would want to visit? .... there is your answer.

The laughable reality is that Disney could have just given us Rise, a few shops, the Cantina and a Falcon walk through and that would have been enough. Their original plans were too small, their eventual plans were almost too big.

I disagree on one point about Fantastic Beasts. Most people, whether they like the FB movies or not still love the world building and locations in those movies. Many on this board have commented on how they would like to see a French MOM. So I think Universal are on safer ground.

If you then flip that around, are there any locations in the new Star Wars trilogy which you would want to visit? .... there is your answer.

The laughable reality is that Disney could have just given us Rise, a few shops, the Cantina and a Falcon walk through and that would have been enough. Their original plans were too small, their eventual plans were almost too big.
Ya thats very true about Fantastic Beasts and why I personally have always been a fan of them being in the parks and being a good land nonetheless. But couteragrument is that "Paris" is an MUCH easier sell than any Star Wars planet simply because every person in the world has heard of Paris so there's also an automatic connection there.

Truly, I think Disney just doesn't know how to do Star Wars. Other than the (now miracle) of Rogue One, this has been proven time and time again. Kathleen really must go for the future of the franchise.

Reactions: Jamesh22

My theme park circle and I have had this conversation on a few occasions. We don't foresee anything capturing audiences like wizarding world did on an emotional level. Star wars was literally like one of the last ip's that could do that in our opinion. Hopefully down the road an expansion and an enhancement to the present will change that. We also really think pandora was done better.