Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It doesn't cost $1B to build a cool new ride that excites the hard-core Disney fan base. The real point of GE was to sell merch and upcharge expereinces. And Disney rushed ahead with an unproven property that hadn't shown it could do that yet, and ultimately proved it could not.
The amount of people you see walking around with droids or Savi Lightsabers speaks for itself, but where they've gone wrong is where Potter hit a home run - Food & Beverage. There's really nothing too special about the quick serve places and there's almost never a line to buy Blue/Green Milk.

If Disney can fix the F&B situation and drop the timeline, then I think the land starts to make a ton of money. Imagine if there was a Baby Yoda experience in the land that was upcharge. Unfortunately, they can't do that right now because of the stupid timeline.

The amount of people you see walking around with droids or Savi Lightsabers speaks for itself, but where they've gone wrong is where Potter hit a home run - Food & Beverage. There's really nothing too special about the quick serve places and there's almost never a line to buy Blue/Green Milk.

If Disney can fix the F&B situation and drop the timeline, then I think the land starts to make a ton of money. Imagine if there was a Baby Yoda experience in the land that was upcharge. Unfortunately, they can't do that right now because of the stupid timeline.
A Star Wars cantina regardless of location is a legit printing press. I'm shocked they made it so small and didn't think of doing it as a standalone themed location a la Trader Sam's.

The food is very big swing, but the ronto wraps are delicious. I've made them at home already with plans to do them for May the 4th. Besides that, I'd be fine with a complete new menu in GE.

@Skipper Justin The milk was so disappointing. It's a shame they couldn't figure out their own butterbeer with it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
When I can go back to Galaxy's Edge, I’m thinking about buying a lightsaber and a droid, but my question to you all is, do you guys even use your lightsabers/droids? Was it worth it after all this time? OR does it just sit on your shelves like a collector's item?

When I can go back to Galaxy's Edge, I’m thinking about buying a lightsaber and a droid, but my question to you all is, do you guys even use your lightsabers/droids? Was it worth it after all this time? OR does it just sit on your shelves like a collector's item?

I got a Savi's lightsaber in January. The hilt pretty much does just sit on one of my bookshelves, but that was factored in for me before I ever decided to buy it. I knew I'd be treating it just as a neat collector's item and conversation piece.

Everybody's calculation will be different, but it was worth the expense for me even though I don't duel with it.

I don’t have either of them (yet...), but I always assumed that the droid was the more “useful” of the two. But, the lightsaber experience is way better than the droid building one.

I bought my son a custom droid for his 10th birthday present last June. We all played with it a lot for about a week (shiny, new toy). So much that we had to charge the batteries a few times. Once in a while my kids will play with it for a few days, set it aside for a month or so, then they'll pick it back up again. Rinse, repeat. We didn't buy a lightsaber.

My droid (R2B1) tends to roam around the house... when we have guests he pops out to say hi :D

Maybe this belongs in another thread but...will Disney keep the boarding groups alive when the park reopens? Was there a plan to end it at some point before all this happened?

I got the lightsaber and my fiance got the droid. The droid is fun to let it roll around the floors and my lightsaber sits next to my desk as a fun momento. It definitely comes out when guest come over because everyone loves seeing it light up. I definitely expected it to sit on a shelf 99% of the time and it's done just that, but if Star Wars is your thing, you know in your gut if you want it. That being said and cash is tight, I may lean towards the droid because it can be used as a toy/alien invader to dogs.

I got the lightsaber and my fiance got the droid. The droid is fun to let it roll around the floors and my lightsaber sits next to my desk as a fun momento. It definitely comes out when guest come over because everyone loves seeing it light up. I definitely expected it to sit on a shelf 99% of the time and it's done just that, but if Star Wars is your thing, you know in your gut if you want it. That being said and cash is tight, I may lean towards the droid because it can be used as a toy/alien invader to dogs.

And didn't Disney just release some app update with the Droid, and they can now do a dance? Pretty cool that they are releasing upgrades like that. Keep things fresh.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Thinking Disney will drop the “timeline” sooner than later. Mandalorian is a large success and “baby Yoda” is a merchandise juggernaut...similar to what Frozen was. Once the new films/shows start coming out, we will see less dependence on the latest trilogy. Rise of the resistance will still be a great ride regardless

Thinking Disney will drop the “timeline” sooner than later. Mandalorian is a large success and “baby Yoda” is a merchandise juggernaut...similar to what Frozen was. Once the new films/shows start coming out, we will see less dependence on the latest trilogy. Rise of the resistance will still be a great ride regardless

i still think it would be cool if they gut echo lake and replace it with Tatooine like they were planning for the original Star Wars Land. albeit it would be a lot of Star Wars, but I think it would be really beneficial to the park and they could put things from the original trilogy and mandalorian and tie it all together. (They could gut animation courtyard too and do something useful over there, there’s no need for all these stage shows if we are being honest.)

Reactions: Disneyhead
i still think it would be cool if they gut echo lake and replace it with Tatooine like they were planning for the original Star Wars Land. albeit it would be a lot of Star Wars, but I think it would be really beneficial to the park and they could put things from the original trilogy and mandalorian and tie it all together. (They could gut animation courtyard too and do something useful over there, there’s no need for all these stage shows if we are being honest.)

I don't think we will see any "new" projects for quite awhile sadly.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover