Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyland has already started vertical construction on the second ride and DHS hasn't even started on the first yet. Geez. It's so odd seeing the different pace that these two are moving at.

I'd rather Disneyland open first by about 6 months. That way they can get all of the kinks out of the system and we can enjoy a smoother opening at DHS (or whatever it's name will be).

I think thats essentially what will happen. Probably not 6 months worth, but I expect softs to start at DL much earlier. Something like 3 months of softs at DL to a few weeks tops in DHS with both having grand opening's the same time.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think thats essentially what will happen. Probably not 6 months worth, but I expect softs to start at DL much earlier. Something like 3 months of softs at DL to a few weeks tops in DHS with both having grand opening's the same time.
I wonder if Disney wants to open them at the same time though? You get double the media coverage by opening them separately.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I wonder if Disney wants to open them at the same time though? You get double the media coverage by opening them separately.

That subject has come up on here before. I can see both sides. The second grand opening is definitely going to get less press than the first, so does that diminish it? Having both at the same time will help with the initial crush of guests. Since they seem to be aiming for a late 2019 opening, can DL really handle the SW crowds at the holidays? Having DHS open at the same time will help take some of that crowd that would have crossed the country for it and divert them to Florida instead. Of course doing them separately would get people to do both openings that would only do one if they are the same time.

When you look at that picture of what will be the main show building, there doesn't seem to be much space between where they have built too and the Muppets area and looking at DL's building there is still a whole circular section to be added (which is prob queue) but doesn't seem to fit. Of course it could just be the angle of the photos making the distance shorter than it actually is but...

I don't understand all the hate on DHS being behind Disneyland. They obviously want to improve process based on what they learn from Disneyland hiccups. I bet we will see DHS catch up real quick at one point.....but for now there is probably so much to correct and improve based of the progress in Disneyland..

We will get there people!

That subject has come up on here before. I can see both sides. The second grand opening is definitely going to get less press than the first, so does that diminish it? Having both at the same time will help with the initial crush of guests. Since they seem to be aiming for a late 2019 opening, can DL really handle the SW crowds at the holidays? Having DHS open at the same time will help take some of that crowd that would have crossed the country for it and divert them to Florida instead. Of course doing them separately would get people to do both openings that would only do one if they are the same time.

If they go for the two grand openings, I'm curious if they would try to suppress some of the media for certain areas. For example, would they want a lot of people in the UK seeing Star Wars opening in Anaheim or would that be too confusing or lessen Star Wars opening at WDW?

I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not.

I'm assuming the advertising for DL and WDW is targeted towards whatever side of the US you live.

Reactions: Coasted
If they go for the two grand openings, I'm curious if they would try to suppress some of the media for certain areas. For example, would they want a lot of people in the UK seeing Star Wars opening in Anaheim or would that be too confusing or lessen Star Wars opening at WDW?

I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not.

Makes sense, we don't get any DLR advertising over here on TV.

I'd rather Disneyland open first by about 6 months. That way they can get all of the kinks out of the system and we can enjoy a smoother opening at DHS (or whatever it's name will be). You know, DHS is kind of a really small, very disorganized park, but I still love it (except for them replacing most of the Citizens of Hollywood). I thoroughly enjoyed my day there last month, even with walls everywhere. And, as is our tradition, Alene & I danced :dance:to the music on Hollywood Blvd. as we left the park as it emptied out at closing. :thumbsup: :)...But it's going to get so crowded when SWL opens, they need to add a another one or two capacity eating shows at that time. Probably not enough time to build attractions, but shows are something they could add quickly.

DHS is also high on my list of WDW parks, probably my favorite year-round WDW park.

Still no vertical construction, but seems like we should see it soon. Steel is on site as seen in this aerial:

It's gone vertical! just the opposite way, down.. :bolt:

Reactions: Dan B and Mad Dog
It's for sure 4 over here on the west coast. And they actually (just within the last few weeks) have started vertical construction on the Falcon ride building.

Is what went vertical part of a show building or just a berm?
Looks like the battle ride to me, based on where I was standing... The section where the AT-ATs are in Disneyland I'm thinking. I have video taken from the road I'll post by tomorrow as well that will help show its location.

EDIT: Comparison of image of new steel (top) vs Disneyland's version a couple months ago (bottom.) Top image taken from World Drive entrance to Hollywood Studios, right before the parking booth.

SWL-Florida-new.jpg

Last edited: