Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So you are saying 4 minute cycles including load and unload?

I have no knowledgement, and that I am only going by guesses. I went only be the amount of capcity that may be for the attraction, and that I have no knowledge on the actual ride time. If I was to guess, I would assume you would be on a good track record.

I have no knowledgement, and that I am only going by guesses. I went only be the amount of capcity that may be for the attraction, and that I have no knowledge on the actual ride time. If I was to guess, I would assume you would be on a good track record.

That was just the math from your number. 15 cycles per car per hour would mean a 4 minute complete cycle. That seems a little short as it probably means less than 3 minute actual ride time, so I think total capacity may be lower than the 2500. A 4 minute actual ride time would bring capacity down to almost 2000.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That was just the math from your number. 15 cycles per car per hour would mean a 4 minute complete cycle. That seems a little short as it probably means less than 3 minute actual ride time, so I think total capacity may be lower than the 2500. A 4 minute actual ride time would bring capacity down to almost 2000.
If we assume that of the 7 cabins on each turntable, one is always loading and one is unloading, 45 second dispatches would give you 3.75 min of actual ride time and 2560 riders per hour. 1 min dispatches = 5 min ride time/ 1920 THRC.

If we assume that of the 7 cabins on each turntable, one is always loading and one is unloading, 45 second dispatches would give you 3.75 min of actual ride time and 2560 riders per hour. 1 min dispatches = 5 min ride time/ 1920 THRC.

I did not factor in being able to load while another is loading.

But using those numbers, if they can dispatch one every 45 seconds, that means they will dispatch 80 vehicles per hour. (80 cars/hr*6 riders/car*4 turntables) = 1920 riders per hour

With 1 minute dispatches, they can dispatch 60 per hour so (60 * 6 * 4) = 1440 RPH

Ultimately how many cars and how long the ride is really is irrelevant to RPH. The dispatch time and how many seats they dispatch at a time is what matters. Now ride time is a whole other metric and has a big effect on guest satisfaction. Your math seems right on that assuming they don't plan on stacking cars.

Permit for the Falcon ride system filed yesterday. Also, rock work has started within the land:

star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-10122017-1.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-10122017-5.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-10122017-2.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-10122017-7.jpg

But using those numbers, if they can dispatch one every 45 seconds, that means they will dispatch 80 vehicles per hour. (80 cars/hr*6 riders/car*4 turntables) = 1920 riders per hour

With 1 minute dispatches, they can dispatch 60 per hour so (60 * 6 * 4) = 1440 RPH

Ultimately how many cars and how long the ride is really is irrelevant to RPH. The dispatch time and how many seats they dispatch at a time is what matters. Now ride time is a whole other metric and has a big effect on guest satisfaction. Your math seems right on that assuming they don't plan on stacking cars.

upload_2017-10-14_10-54-39.jpeg

It was my understanding....there would be no math.

They wont go over 5mins with any sort of simulator - that's the barf barrier for most folks. Like 5:30 for like total time for "show" including some vehicle movement to get into position, but ride-proper wont be more than 5mins.

As for line speed - it's going to have some redundancy so that's good. FoP showed how having multiple theaters, even with problems, keeps the ride pretty much always open. Body Wars and Star Tours have operated similarly for years. A real "downtime" is unlikely short of power loss.

However, it's a simulator that is moving. It'll be interesting to see if they choose to stop a whole theater/unit if one needs repair or cleaning, or if they imply put it offline, or what. FJ and Toy Story Mania were sort of brilliant in the way individual vehicles can be sent away for issues. These dont seem to have a place to go.

As for capacity.. whatever the "spin time" around the circle, Disney likes to set the whole unit somewhere around 40 guests. That's 7 cabins at 6 people plus some wheelchair cabins that seat one or two less. 6 people should be at a 30 second load/unload interval. That's "reasonable" for the number of butts in seats.

5mins 30secs for full rotation, 40 seats per turntable amid the 7 cabins, something like 1745 per hour, which is right about where they put most simulators.

Last edited:

My bad, I calculated based on the cabins fitting 8. If it’s only 6, your numbers are correct.

Reactions: Andysol
They wont go over 5mins with any sort of simulator - that's the barf barrier for most folks. Like 5:30 for like total time for "show" including some vehicle movement to get into position, but ride-proper wont be more than 5mins.

As for line speed - it's going to have some redundancy so that's good. FoP showed how having multiple theaters, even with problems, keeps the ride pretty much always open. Body Wars and Star Tours have operated similarly for years. A real "downtime" is unlikely short of power loss.

However, it's a simulator that is moving. It'll be interesting to see if they choose to stop a whole theater/unit if one needs repair or cleaning, or if they imply put it offline, or what. FJ and Toy Story Mania were sort of brilliant in the way individual vehicles can be sent away for issues. These dont seem to have a place to go.

As for capacity.. whatever the "spin time" around the circle, Disney likes to set the whole unit somewhere around 40 guests. That's 7 cabins at 6 people plus some wheelchair cabins that seat one or two less. 6 people should be at a 30 second load/unload interval. That's "reasonable" for the number of butts in seats.

5mins 30secs for full rotation, 40 seats per turntable amid the 7 cabins, something like 1745 per hour, which is right about where they put most simulators.

Yeah, I'm wondering how they will handle a wheelchair. Will they transfer or roll right in? Either way, it's got to be slower than a normal load. In that case, I can't see how they keep from just stacking cars while they do that. I really hope theres a way to uncouple a car from the carousel.

30 second dispatches would help a ton for capacity. That takes it to 120 dispatches an hour, 6 per car, 4 theatres, so 2880 per hour. But in 30 seconds, can they move a car from unload to load, load 6 people, and dispatch in 30 seconds? I honestly don't know if thats possible. If they can incorporate a slow moving walkway into this, it could help some, but I just don't know the dispatch times for rides.

Another thing about 30 second dispatches, 30 seconds times 7 cars means 3 1/2 minute complete cycle and 2 1/2 minute ride time. For 5 1/2 they would need 9 cars on the turntable.

My bad, I calculated based on the cabins fitting 8. If it’s only 6, your numbers are correct.

I have no idea. I'm just using the cabin numbers others are quoting.

I'm not sure your point. One prop in a filler kid area being poorly maintained is evidence that Disney will screw up the hundred million dollar multi-park project based off one of the hottest properties in the world and that will bring in millions of visitors to the struggling DHS?

It's not "one prop." It's the centerpiece of an entire themed area and they don't even realize it looks like that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
FWIW Flight of Passage uses game technology for its film and it's not rendered in real time.

Yea. I'm hoping for the best with the Falcon, but I still don't see how it'll be anything more than a fancy Mission: Space. I'm foreseeing each situation having 2 different states, a "win and a loss". Anything else and you'll probably have the ride melting down on itself constantly

Reactions: SeventyOne