Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I don't know much about Star Wars lore, but an Imperial hangar seems to be quite large... so I can imagine much of the action taking place there.

Actual ride concept art:
View attachment 5419

Unrelated awesome art I found online that looks like something we may also see on the ride:
View attachment 5420
Yep, I'm almost kind of sure these are all practical sets. To be honest, like Universal, this ip screams screens. You can't capture the size with real sets, you need screens, but I'm sure there will be some hallways with AA's.

To be honest, like Universal, this ip screams screens.

It's all about what you want to achieve with the attraction. Space battle or space flight? Yeah, that's pretty much got to be a simulator. But there can be more done with STAR WARS rides than that. I've always wanted to see a semi-scary Jabba's Palace (or something stylistically similar) dark ride that would be a modern version of the classic funhouse ride: a briskly paced romp through dark and dank dungeons housing monstrous and scary aliens that might swipe at you like the Yeti once did, or get right in your face like the Dementors on Forbidden Journey.

I still vote sort of like Indy with your little transport vehicle zipping between areas in the big room and over a little gantry bridge. Not the exact Indy rie system, but the criss-crossing multipaths and action all around style.

Almost everything I've heard about Battle Escape suggests it's going to be a western version of Tokyo's Pirates, a Disney version of Forbidden Journey, and one of the greatest attractions in a while. I have no reason to suspect it's going to be lame or boring.

Give the people what they want! This is what we want!

I wouldn't mind the hanger scene with the open space port being a screen, potential for great blend and depth like the battling ships in Tokyo Pirates.

Heard some good rumors about the battl attraction. It’s going to be very unique and probably an operations nightmare.

I better go right when it opens then. It could wind up like Disco Yeti where have something really cool but due to unforeseen circumstance they had to change it up.

Disney does have a bad habit of making huge-demand attractions with low capacity... let's just hope Millennium Falcon can pull that weight.

Every new E-ticket ride that Disney (or anyone else, for that matter) designs should begin with the mandate of an hourly capacity of at least 2,000. Why (modern era) Disney doesn't care much about this is absolutely baffling to me; just from the cold-blooded financial aspect, people stuck in an attraction line for multiple hours are, therefore, not elsewhere in the park where they could be buying merchandise or food.

Disney does have a bad habit of making huge-demand attractions with low capacity... let's just hope Millennium Falcon can pull that weight.
and...Universal keeps going in the other direction, high capacity attractions....FJ, Gringotts, Transformers, HE, Fallon, Fast & Furious, and probably both new Potter land attractions , SLOP, Nintendo.