Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Falcon still looking like M:S, and looks like there will be 4 of them.... cool, perfect number to split in half by the 3rd month from opening date to do a Green and Orange Experience.
The 4 circular areas are indeed the ride system, but the ride will almost work like Carousel of Progress (if it was built in 2017). You will turn, others will load and your ride experience continues without really noticing that anything else is happening but what is going on in your cabin.

And it will be thrilling, of course.

Last edited:
The 4 circular areas are indeed the ride system, but the ride will almost work like Carousel of Progress (if it was built in 2017). You will turn, others will load and your ride experience continues with really noticing that anything else is happening but what is going on in your cabin.

Yea, more like a turntable. Not like a centrifuge.

I feel like Disney should get ahead of this and explicitly describe the ride system in a blog post or press release that we can point to when it comes up. Or at least say unequivocally that this will not be like Mission: Space. Lots of people declaring it that on Twitter daily.

Reactions: Nick
From what I can gather, it's the carousel dome sections from FJ, except for the entire ride. Essentially their way of doing a simulator that is immersive (i.e. you walk through the Millenium Falcon to reach the cabin) AND have a good capacity (i.e. the cabin continually swaps out for the next party as the vehicles move).

From what I can gather, it's the carousel dome sections from FJ, except for the entire ride. Essentially their way of doing a simulator that is immersive (i.e. you walk through the Millenium Falcon to reach the cabin) AND have a good capacity (i.e. the cabin continually swaps out for the next party as the vehicles move).

Bummer. I was hoping for animatronic scenes like FJ but with life size tie fighters! So its going to just be all screens?

I feel like Disney should get ahead of this and explicitly describe the ride system in a blog post or press release that we can point to when it comes up. Or at least say unequivocally that this will not be like Mission: Space. Lots of people declaring it that on Twitter daily.

What? And actually have to commit to something or share information? That's not the Disney way. They'll keep a spinner under lock and key before telling anyone. If you don't build it the way you described, you might be held accountable.

The 4 circular areas are indeed the ride system, but the ride will almost work like Carousel of Progress (if it was built in 2017). You will turn, others will load and your ride experience continues without really noticing that anything else is happening but what is going on in your cabin.

I think that the ride will be fun. It's the only way, really, to do that type of action and have it interactive. You can simulate speed, movement, and space battles much more easily. Plus, it should (I hope) have higher capacity and thus be able to keep guests moving through what will be a very popular area. My other hope is that it has decent ride time. Something in the four to five minute timeframe.

Reactions: alias8703
Bummer. I was hoping for animatronic scenes like FJ but with life size tie fighters! So its going to just be all screens?

Unfortunately, yes, it does seem as though the Falcon is mostly going to be a pure simulator.

The other ride in the land, however, sounds as though it's going to be a nice balance of all kinds of approaches, including AAs.

I have a bad feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to feel like a slow and practical Transformers. Where, instead of big screens, it'll be medium sized rooms with a couple of robot Stormtroopers, even more simple mechanical figure Stormtroopers, lazers, sparks, and a lot of pew-pew.

Ending up with another "Classic Disney" slow drag through a wax museum attraction. This time Star Wars flavored.

An amped up GMR featuring nothing but Star Wars.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to feel like a slow and practical Transformers. Where, instead of big screens, it'll be medium sized rooms with a couple of robot Stormtroopers, even more simple mechanical figure Stormtroopers, lazers, sparks, and a lot of pew-pew.

Ending up with another "Classic Disney" slow drag through a wax museum attraction. This time Star Wars flavored.

An amped up GMR featuring nothing but Star Wars.
It's going to be nothing like an "amped up GMR".

Not saying anything could work in their favor, people's expectations will lower thinking it will be like mission space so once they ride, they will be blown away.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
If the Falcon ride is a next level version of FOP (enclosed immersive cabin, good screen coverage, and good motion effects) then I think it will be fantastic.
Looking at the transports and reading the rough details about the Battle Escape attraction, what is our role in the storyline? Are we First Order recruits or prisoners of war? Although I am a big GMR fan, not sure how this fits into that mold.

Oh man, I was critical about Disney bringing to the Falcon Ride a similar system as M:S, instead of something new and innovating. Then I thought "that ride system might be the only one to recreate the speed and maneuver of the Falcon, plus G forces for light speed. But now I'm hearing it will be more of a CoP type of system... there goes the G forces. That's disappointing, oh well maybe I was expecting too much. thanks for the heartbreaking news LOL ;)

If the Falcon ride is a next level version of FOP (enclosed immersive cabin, good screen coverage, and good motion effects) then I think it will be fantastic.
Looking at the transports and reading the rough details about the Battle Escape attraction, what is our role in the storyline? Are we First Order recruits or prisoners of war? Although I am a big GMR fan, not sure how this fits into that mold.
Even though I think FOP is a pretty good ride, and fun. These systems depends heavily on 4D technology. So if you take all the gadgets (breathing) of the link chair, the ride itself is manly a bouncing Soarin'. Once you add a fast moving movie, wind hitting your face, the smells, the mist, ect... this will trick your senses and make you feel like you are going really fast. Now when it comes to the Falcon, you are technically inside an enclosed cabin, so that means you can't use wind, smell, mist or any out side experience because you are enclosed and pressurized, So I guess the only speed effect they will have is a fast moving movie and a Star Tours back tilt so gravity will pull you onto your seat. What's your opinion about that? because if the Falcon is "the fastest ship in the galaxy" then speed should be a focus and I am worry it would feel like in a different version of Star Tour technology (which I love, #Save Star Tours).

Reactions: Coasted and Blaw923
I think that's one thing positive about this system. Just like CoP, it gives you the impression that your theater is the only one, and that would work for story telling. instead of having a door open and you see multiple cabins in a circle and people unloading the pods. So a plus for that! :thumbsup:

Even though I think FOP is a pretty good ride, and fun. These systems depends heavily on 4D technology. So if you take all the gadgets (breathing) of the link chair, the ride itself is manly a bouncing Soarin'. Once you add a fast moving movie, wind hitting your face, the smells, the mist, ect... this will trick your senses and make you feel like you are going really fast. Now when it comes to the Falcon, you are technically inside an enclosed cabin, so that means you can't use wind, smell, mist or any out side experience because you are enclosed and pressurized, So I guess the only speed effect they will have is a fast moving movie and a Star Tours back tilt so gravity will pull you onto your seat. What's your opinion about that? because if the Falcon is "the fastest ship in the galaxy" then speed should be a focus and I am worry it would feel like in a different version of Star Tour technology (which I love, #Save Star Tours).

Great point.

As far as Battle Escape. To be honest, I wouldn't hate a truly 'amped up' GMR haha

I want to be flying through practical scene after scene!