Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You and Joe are peas in a pod. I look forward to your surprise at the "idiots" who wait when the land is at capacity for months and months on end.

I then subsequently look forward to your "overrated" comment about both of the rides and the land. We already know it's coming.

Piss off dude. I’m going to see the land in both DHS and am traveling to Disneyland with a friend to see it. Take your smug sanctimoniousness and shove it.

So the rumor that RotR was running behind were true.

Personally, I’m not going until both rides are open. Then again I don’t have an annual pass. If I did, I may have made the trip.

Yea I’ll probably forgo going to DHS in Oct unless ROTR ends up being open as I’ll be in DL aim December. I’d be really disappointed if ROTR wasnt open out there by then

Reactions: SkiBum
Yea I’ll probably forgo going to DHS in Oct unless ROTR ends up being open as I’ll be in DL aim December. I’d be really disappointed if ROTR wasnt open out there by then

I'm thinking about Disneyland in September/October and then, if I can, I'll pick WDW in early 2020. That way, I'll get the MMRR and Hagrid's Magical coaster when I'm in Orlando. Like you, I'm hoping that ROTR is open. If I don't see any sign that it will be, I'll probably cancel my trip or not book it.

Reactions: Andysol
You and Joe are peas in a pod. I look forward to your surprise at the "idiots" who wait when the land is at capacity for months and months on end.

I then subsequently look forward to your "overrated" comment about both of the rides and the land. We already know it's coming.
Isn’t Avatar still packed with FoP getting huge lines?

What “idiots” :lol:

Reactions: Andysol
I find the lack of any discernible news on Mickey a bit worrying as well

In both DL and WDW’s case, I wonder if it’s also a matter of damage control in case Rise continues having problems, and they’re trying to minimize the blowback by opening the land early.

I can see the logic there. It would likely be worse if they waited till November to open things up if they still didn’t have Rise finished vs opening what they’ve got “early” and washing their hands of the timeline in advance.

In both DL and WDW’s case, I wonder if it’s also a matter of damage control in case Rise continues having problems, and they’re trying to minimize the blowback by opening the land early.

I can see the logic there. It would likely be worse if they waited till November to open things up if they still didn’t have Rise finished vs opening what they’ve got “early” and washing their hands of the timeline in advance.

Conventional wisdom Twitter seems to be this is damage control for soft Summer/early Fall bookings. Throwing a Hail Mary to save 2019--whether that is supreme confidence or preemptively giving up on 2020 is impossible to say.

Conventional wisdom Twitter seems to be this is damage control for soft Summer/early Fall bookings. Throwing a Hail Mary to save 2019--whether that is supreme confidence or preemptively giving up on 2020 is impossible to say.
I agree with you on this, especially with all the rumors we've heard of soft bookings. And Disney's fiscal year ends Sept. 30th, so that adds to the plot..........Also, Disney is no stranger to phased land openings. In the past 6 years it will have been *New Fantasy Land *Pixar Pier *and now both GESWL lands....kind of getting to be their MO

Where does it say anywhere that Disney World is having phased openings? All I’ve read officially was for Disneyland.

Hats off to the construction guys who are getting this to open 3 months after DL when they started a lot later and spent months demolishing the lights motor action show.

Just want to show credit where it’s due as until very recently many credible members were seriously doubting this land would open this side of Christmas.

Where does it say anywhere that Disney World is having phased openings? All I’ve read officially was for Disneyland.
The first three paragraphs of the Disney Parks Blog are speaking about both Disneyland and WDW:

Minutes ago, we shared an exciting announcement many of you have been waiting to hearStar Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening ahead of schedule on May 31 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

That’s right – it’s debuting early because of high guest interest in experiencing this new, immersive land. On opening day for phase one, you’ll be able to live your own Star Wars story and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, sample amazing galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and more.

And for phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined that will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality. In light of tremendous demand, Disney made the decision to open the land in phases to allow guests to sooner enjoy the one-of-a-kind experiences that make Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so spectacular.​