Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I hated Luke in the original trilogy. I dislike most of the elements in the original movies, but specifically hated Luke.

That said, I felt like the Luke we got in TLJ is completely in line with who he always was - petulant, impulsive, emotional, and someone who blames everything around him when his decisions go wrong. His self-doubt was always self-inflicted. I also believed that his final "battle" (and sacrifice) is completely in line with who we always was while also redeeming his worst traits. He didn't have a face to face battle with his greatest failure; he actually learned, checked his emotions, and "out emotions" Kylo by maintaining his control.

Because he didn't beat Vader and Palpatine. He outs emotions them by having empathy (and whining like a baby).

I get that it wasn't the final stand that fans wanted, but it was the right final stand for Luke.
One would think he would’ve been better off 30 years later as a Jedi Master. That’s what fans of the OT wanted to see. A grown Luke that’s wiser and is a much better version than his former self.

Instead we got a cry baby failure that couldn’t even face his problem head on and actually be there. Not even going for his sister!!!

Since you’re not a fan of the OT though I get it. Just understand that what you wanted is the polar opposite of what actual fans of Luke wanted.

I do find it interesting that, as much as THE LAST JEDI "haters" have a reputation for not tolerating the views of those who liked the movie, its fans seem equally unwilling to let any complaints about it go unanswered.

I think people on both sides of this divide would do well to stop trying to win arguments or convince those who disagree that they're wrong. The fandom would be a lot healthier if people just let others like or dislike stuff without turning it into a battle and a referendum on that person's intelligence/character/what-have-you.

For the record, I wasn't crazy about how they handled Luke, but I would have been forgiving if they hadn't decided to kill him off, which was the deal-breaker for me.

I do find it interesting that, as much as THE LAST JEDI "haters" have a reputation for not tolerating the views of those who liked the movie, its fans seem equally unwilling to let any complaints about it go unanswered.

I think people on both sides of this divide would do well to stop trying to win arguments or convince those who disagree that they're wrong. The fandom would be a lot healthier if people just let others like or dislike stuff without turning it into a battle and a referendum on that person's intelligence/character/what-have-you.

For the record, I wasn't crazy about how they handled Luke, but I would have been forgiving if they hadn't decided to kill him off, which was the deal-breaker for me.
I was done after my one post. I continued because I was quoted.

I was done after my one post. I continued because I was quoted.
And I didn't even view it as an argument. I was just explaining my thoughts on that particular element since was the other side.

Disney must have looked at Universal spending a fortune and getting massive returns and my concern is that Disney will simply look at this and think that investment isn’t worth it. Any big future projects could be put on hold and I think D23’s lacklustre performance might be the start of that.
Yeah, I think if DL's Galaxy's Edge was a big success in the months leading to D23, we probably would've seen more announcements. I think they're definitely a bit hesitant right now.

Very curious to see what happens in the intermin. Right now, I think success depends upon the initial incoming of Rise to both parks. I think a lot of people are still talking about this under the guise that all of SWGE is open, which technically is not true. We still have a super omega E-Ticket headliner yet to open. I can see Disney hesitant but not outright resigned.

Going to throw this out there: the land opened before any settled path or warnings were issued to the state. No airlines or hotels were offering free cancellations or rebookings. I don't believe Disney is unlucky, instead they got lucky they have a scape goat.

Also, by opening the park so early they have spread out the demand so much that any comparison is not going to be accurate. I think it's pretty evident they're meeting demand.

Bright Suns

To say the hurricane has had no effect on attendance is so stupid I can’t comprehend.

I never noticed intrusion, not even from upper level of Smugglers Run over MF through windows. You’d have the really be looking with a zoom lens.
Yeah, as I said I rode many times the other day - once through the main queue and twice through the FP queue (E-Stop and friend had a Disability pass he connected me to) - you can only see it out of the windowed area in either queue I believe and I never saw TSL from SR.

Some would even go as far to say it's totally fine to see other rides from other lands
Personally I’d prefer it wasn’t able to be seen, but with how precise of a spot you have to be in to even have a chance of seeing it, it’s not an issue. Especially with how immersive the land is as a whole.

I think the next 12 months will be a better indicator of overall performance. A lot of travellers (especially overseas) had their holiday plans in place by the time Disney announced SWGE would open in August and not December as everyone expected so would have been unable to change plans at the drop of a hat. Poor hotel occupancy backs some of this up.

This is basically us. We only do Disney every couple of years but go to Universal each year for Halloween Horror. When we were planning GE was not due to be open so we haven't factored it in. Don't really have much free time left with trips we have booked and would rather save the extra few hundred pounds for food and drink etc.

I, for one, couldn't care less if you can see a small part of another land in a theme park. Always seemed petty to me. The old, if you stand on your head, turn three times, and look to the stars, you can see the back of the show building scenario . 99.9% of the people walking through never notice that stuff, unless someone tells them to look. Damn, it's just a freakin theme park. :)

I, for one, couldn't care less if you can see a small part of another land in a theme park. Always seemed petty to me. The old, if you stand on your head, turn three times, and look to the stars, you can see the back of the show building scenario . 99.9% of the people walking through never notice that stuff, unless someone tells them to look. Damn, it's just a freakin theme park. :)
I mean,yeah it’s just a theme park, but if they’re gonna spend $1B on something I’d prefer they do it so I can’t see out of the land. Like I said though, minuscule problem since you only have this view from one spot.

I mean,yeah it’s just a theme park, but if they’re gonna spend $1B on something I’d prefer they do it so I can’t see out of the land. Like I said though, minuscule problem since you only have this view from one spot.
They have the same issue with seeing Thunder Mountain from the queue in DL. Disney did a really good job considering all the tall strictures they have. For comparison purposes let take a look at the sight lines from the middle of hodsmeade inUSH.
5zl7XwO.jpg

They have the same issue with seeing Thunder Mountain from the queue in DL. Disney did a really good job considering all the tall strictures they have. For comparison purposes let take a look at the sight lines from the middle of hodsmeade inUSH.
5zl7XwO.jpg
As bad as Dragon Challenge but not as easily removable.

Oof :sick: