Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I was forced to get a late start this morning and now looks like I just will sit out the day. I didn't realize the virtual queue was gonna be in use for the line, I thought i'd be able to go up and wait 10 hours if I truly wanted. I guess I have to give Disney credit where it's due though - they saw a **** show coming with this ride and they made sure to limit the amount of guest services complaints they would have by having a huge line and then the ride constantly breaking down.

I was forced to get a late start this morning and now looks like I just will sit out the day. I didn't realize the virtual queue was gonna be in use for the line, I thought i'd be able to go up and wait 10 hours if I truly wanted. I guess I have to give Disney credit where it's due though - they saw a **** show coming with this ride and they made sure to limit the amount of guest services complaints they would have by having a huge line and then the ride constantly breaking down.
Ya, probably handled everything the best way they could, should be interesting to see the general reaction from people there today.

I wouldn't stand in line for 10 hours but as long as they are doing boarding groups and I can get to the park early enough to get one that works for me. Can anyone comment on when they actually got into the park and how many people were let on before they went to boarding groups?

I wouldn't stand in line for 10 hours but as long as they are doing boarding groups and I can get to the park early enough to get one that works for me. Can anyone comment on when they actually got into the park and how many people were let on before they went to boarding groups?

It was boarding groups from the start, I believe. Not sure when they told everyone that (where people were coming from, who got the jump on being first. Seems like most people who showed up between 4 - 4:30 were in groups 1 - 20, but this is just from me stalking twitter. No firsthand experience. From what I can see, a good number of those people have gotten at least one full ride in.

Seth @ Touring Plans said he was able to book his second boarding pass (Group 44) while he was in queue for the first ride-through.

Oh I wouldn't stand in line 10 hours either, but the fact that boarding groups are full now already just makes it all the worse. That's no way to get onto their brand new attraction on opening day unless you got to the park by about 8:30am and got a boarding pass. Madness.

I bet there aren't THAT many people in all those boarding groups. They likely have a lot of very conservative assumptions in there.

So, if the ride does, miraculously, run well, more slots will open up.

I get that they don't want a 10 hour line like Universal does, but at least people in those lines have.... Hope. Today, if you didn't leave for the park until 8 am, you were pretty much screwed.

Contender? Sure, that's all subjective.

From what I've seen there's nothing there that screams it's head and shoulders above a lot of other rides out there.

It doesn’t have to be head and shoulders above. Half an inch would work.

The ending was what I was waiting for.

Evac video... already...

Forget the crowds and lines. This is why I wouldn’t go opening day. Every phone up including selfie sticks? Were those not banned? What a terrible way to experience an attraction for the very first time.

I guess I have to give Disney credit where it's due though - they saw a **** show coming with this ride and they made sure to limit the amount of guest services complaints they would have by having a huge line and then the ride constantly breaking down.
Yup. They anticipated the delays ahead of time and enacted a plan. If they built a lot of cushion (which they likely did) and the ride is somewhat reliable today, they could even open the queue for another wave of guests at one point. Smart.

If we're getting technical, park closes at 10? So we're at a 13 hour wait now lol. But, as I said, I think this was the best way for them to handle this potential madness so gotta give them props for that. Still just shouldn't have had the ride open this early but oh well, hopefully most people with a boarding pass do indeed get to ride and get a full ride in!

Also, not sure the exact number of boarding groups, but I overheard some people saying they got 68, others 77, and a CM saying the highest he heard is 112. And who even knows how far into the evening they’re pushing those groups either.

Well, I was thinking of trying to hit it up next week when I'm at Universal, but if I'd have to be waking up at the a** crack o dawn just to maybe get in a boarding group hoping it doesn't break down?

giphy.gif

I'll just ride Hagrid's again. Hoping when I get to California for work in January, they're doing softs at Disneyland. Looks fun tho!

The preview video that came out a few days ago kicked my hype into high gear and the impressions are just binging it to a fever pitch. I'll finally be heading back to Disney for this.

I feel like all the parks are finally getting close to being nearly perfect. Just rip out Dino Land at AK and I'll be good.