Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Nice! Waiting later is the better option but then you run the risk of an extended breakdown as you mentioned.
Yeah, Rise was #1 in my partner’s list (although she got converted to a Haunted Mansion Holiday fan yesterday). I was worried about wasting the morning if it broke down right away, but luckily everything worked out great.

I just like that I can now show up at 5pm and decide to ride if I want to. I hate the idea that I have to be there or planning ALL DAY if I want the possibility of riding the attraction. Even the 12pm VQ is annoying to me.
And I did exactly that this last Friday. It was truly a great feeling to not have to stress about it, especially since I had a newcomer along for the ride. Didn't have to plan my whole day around it, wake up early, or worry if I would get a backup boarding pass or any crap like that.
I simply showed up at 6PM, said "let's do this first since it closes at 8," grabbed a blue milk, walked straight into the line, and was on the ride within 45 minutes. Then I carried on with my night and got to do a bunch of other big E-tickets. What a freakin' concept.
Virtual queue can die a painful death. I hope it NEVER comes back.

And I did exactly that this last Friday. It was truly a great feeling to not have to stress about it, especially since I had a newcomer along for the ride. Didn't have to plan my whole day around it, wake up early, or worry if I would get a backup boarding pass or any crap like that.
I simply showed up at 6PM, said "let's do this first since it closes at 8," grabbed a blue milk, walked straight into the line, and was on the ride within 45 minutes. Then I carried on with my night and got to do a bunch of other big E-tickets. What a freakin' concept.
Virtual queue can die a painful death. I hope it NEVER comes back.

Was also there Friday. We may have been in the queue at the same time. It was my first time on RotR and for my 2nd ride, I lined up at 6:17pm and was at the preshow before 7pm so about 40-min wait. With reservations sold out, the standby queue was not bad at all. I asked a CM how long the line was in the morning and he said it was about 2 hours and swung out to Hungry Bear before turning back. The rest of the day never really exceeded 90 mins.

No $20pp Genie+ and no $20pp Individual Lightning Lane Passes.

So glad I never had to deal with trying to get boarding passes and possibly missing both opportunities to go on the ride. If reservations stay, I see no need to ever bring back VQ/boarding groups unless they significantly increase reservation capacities.

Was also there Friday. We may have been in the queue at the same time. It was my first time on RotR and for my 2nd ride, I lined up at 6:17pm and was at the preshow before 7pm so about 40-min wait.
We quite literally were! I was in line at 6:20 and was on the ride proper (after the interrogation room) at 7:11!

I had a friend pay $100 Monday for his group of 5 to skip the Rise line in the morning, as it was posted at over 120min. I got to the park at 4pm and rode with a posted wait time of 50 min and only waited 40min to the Rey room. I even told him before visiting, wait to ride it later in the day, but the group was stressing out about the long wait time during the first few hours of park opening. Looks like the genie worked on taking their money in this case. Another BIG part of it is actually looking at the standby line and not going off the app as they tend to inflate to reduce influxes of guests.

Where does the Fastpass line merge with the regular line anyway? Because there's still a good 10-15 minutes after the Rey room.
This is also the one line I actually really enjoy spending time in. Not just atmospherically, but because there are benches THE ENTIRE WAY. Revolutionary.

Where does the Fastpass line merge with the regular line anyway? Because there's still a good 10-15 minutes after the Rey room.
This is also the one line I actually really enjoy spending time in. Not just atmospherically, but because there are benches THE ENTIRE WAY. Revolutionary.
Ikr? I'm baffled more theme park rides haven't tried this before. Even SLoP has some places to sit now. You don't want people sitting on the handrails? GIVE. THEM. A. SEAT. Simple as that.

Ikr? I'm baffled more theme park rides haven't tried this before. Even SLoP has some places to sit now. You don't want people sitting on the handrails? GIVE. THEM. A. SEAT. Simple as that.

Maybe it's a space consideration as parks try to squeeze the queue into an efficient space (ex. Under coaster lift hills or in an established space like HP Forbidden Journey has in the "classrooms"). I agree that benches are nice as are midpoint restrooms on the longer queue lines. I think that the big parks are starting to consider these factors. This also makes it hard to determine the length of line on a Rise styled queue. You can't see all the queue and thus can't be certain about the line length, aside from the posted wait time.

Hearing all these different stories is interesting. Still kinda split between boarding groups vs. no boarding groups, but I can see where both sides are coming from.

I think I'll def give the "wait until after lunch" and later in the evening recommendations a try next time I go. After lunch would basically be around 1-2PM, right?

Hearing all these different stories is interesting. Still kinda split between boarding groups vs. no boarding groups, but I can see where both sides are coming from.

I think I'll def give the "wait until after lunch" and later in the evening recommendations a try next time I go. After lunch would basically be around 1-2PM, right?
Yes, 1-2PM would be the time slot I would go for. Keep in mind the ride closes at 8.

Also keep in mind that park hopping begins at 1pm so the ride will see a temporary boost in wait times.

I'd just recommend either hitting it at rope drop or waiting until after 5-6pm. Hitting it mid-day will be the longest that line will ever get, even if it's only 10-40 minutes longer. If you don't mind that and think it'll better your chances of getting on it without it breaking down, then go ahead.

If it's your first time, who cares how long the line is, just go whenever, it'll be worth the wait.

I'd just recommend either hitting it at rope drop or waiting until after 5-6pm. Hitting it mid-day will be the longest that line will ever get, even if it's only 10-40 minutes longer. If you don't mind that and think it'll better your chances of getting on it without it breaking down, then go ahead.

If it's your first time, who cares how long the line is, just go whenever, it'll be worth the wait.
Def not my first time. I finally went on it twice throughout earlier this summer and it's easily one of my favorite Disneyland attractions, so I'd simply just love to go on it again at some point in my day.