Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

I think the thing we can agree on here is that the land should never have opened without it's star attraction.

I hope Disney learns a lesson (and maybe where their price ceiling is) but I want this to be a huge success so we get more expansive lands in future.

ROTR looks as good as it needed to be to be the star attraction in GE, it looks fantastic.

I don't agree. Looking back, I think the slow opening was the best outcome given how highly praised, Rise has become.

If the land opened with everything ready, I think it would have been chaos.

I don't agree. Looking back, I think the slow opening was the best outcome given how highly praised, Rise has become.

Disneyland laid off their senior level of management, Catherine Powell was let go, entertainment and CM hours were cut, and attendance was down double digits. Gonna say a big “nope” on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disneyland laid off their senior level of management, Catherine Powell was let go, entertainment and CM hours were cut, and attendance was down double digits. Gonna say a big “nope” on that.

I think Joe just summed up my thoughts exactly. I'd also add that a lot of the GP are going to have a reduced opinion of the land having experienced it with only a D ticket and a load of shops.

They could do with some positive PR out of this, so I hope they don't do another upcharge preview (more money grabbing) How about free preview tickets for local kids charities instead? :shrug:

I would not put it past Disney to charge just to preview the ride. If they were smart, they would just soft it. They already charged for a preview for the land without Rise, so charging for another preview would make Disney look really bad, as if they need more bad PR.

Charging for an exclusive preview for the ride is probably a bad idea given its operational flightiness. Imagine everyone spending $299 + tax only to learn the ride is down for half the "party."

If it's running well, I can't see the point in sticking to the 17th January, it's already 7+ months late so get it open now!

I don’t want to derail the thread into another movie debate, but I will say that there’s a lot of evidence that shows that interest in TROS is very low. Look at the BO projections, viewership/likes on trailers, etc. While it is true that everyone is different, the turnout for GE on both coasts is telling (admittedly though WDW seeming to have more success). The response isn’t as great as Disney had hoped arise will most likely not save the land for reasons I mentioned.

Trust me, I love Star Wars. Grew up on it since I was 3. Played the video games, watched Clone Wars, and love parts of the
old EU, but I personally don’t like the new trilogy and don’t appreciate how much of the new stuff they try to force on you. I’m meh about Potter and even when I stepped through it the first time, I felt like I was there. When I went through GE, I didn’t feel much. Just, “okay, that was cool.”

WDW is always crowded. lol when I was there in Sep it was still pretty busy. DL has some busy days too, but GE wasn’t crazy ridiculous busy.

I think Disney will still add more stuff to their parks. Everyone knows that more good rides = more guests. To have a fully immersive land with an outstanding ride and have the turnout be low should tell Disney that maybe they got too greedy.

I went to TFA on opening day-ish as we had to fly out to visit friends and go together. Then I saw it a few more times. I went to opening night for TLJ with friends who flew in from across the country and got a surprise introduction from Rian Johnson, which is pretty cool no matter how you feel about his movie.

I had to do a quick google to remind myself what TROS stood for, I don't have tickets and I am waiting for reviews before buying them. Honestly, the movies are just not doing it and my friends across the country feel the same way. Perhaps this movie turns things around and ties up loose ends, but meh. I am more excited about the next episode of Mandalorian than TROS and I am certain a LOT of people feel the same way.

Side note to stay on topic, ROTR looks really cool!

Was just in Galaxy’s edge. Not sure if they always have cast members at the front enteran e and exit for rise of the resistance as this was my first time but yeah I guess they’re just training or something I dunno. As was stated earlier I can’t remember Disney ever soft opening something. But the ride is running I can hear the unload audio and stuff through the trees. The anticipation is killing me I’m so close and yet so far.

Now that TROS has been released....and about 80% of people are hating it, I’m still even more convinced GE will continue to underperform once Rise opens. I’ve seen posts of some board members even saying that some of them can’t even look at RotR (at WDW) the same after TROS which I find very interesting. If theme park fans feel the same way, how much more with the GP? They really should’ve gone out of their way to open it this year because now the resentment from the failure of the new trilogy will have fully set in by then. They messed up.

Now that TROS has been released....and about 80% of people are hating it, I’m still even more convinced GE will continue to underperform once Rise opens. I’ve seen posts of some board members even saying that some of them can’t even look at RotR (at WDW) the same after TROS which I find very interesting. If theme park fans feel the same way, how much more with the GP? They really should’ve gone out of their way to open it this year because now the resentment from the failure of the new trilogy will have fully set in by then. They messed up.

I say don’t trust people being loud online and wait for the cinema score to come out.