Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that TROS has been released....and about 80% of people are hating it, I’m still even more convinced GE will continue to underperform once Rise opens. I’ve seen posts of some board members even saying that some of them can’t even look at RotR (at WDW) the same after TROS which I find very interesting. If theme park fans feel the same way, how much more with the GP? They really should’ve gone out of their way to open it this year because now the resentment from the failure of the new trilogy will have fully set in by then. They messed up.
Too early to tell the effects on the theme parks, although it being just the Disney trilogy from Day 1 I've said has been an issue. Everyone said it wouldn't be a problem but I think there are a lot of diehard fans that will never go to SWGE because of this. How it effects the GP, I think its too early to tell. Rise of Skywalker has a high audience score I believe when I last checked. So, we'll see. Films only been out 1 night haha and even though I personally wasnt a fan I am still processing. But ya, we'll see longterm how this all plays out.

I say don’t trust people being loud online and wait for the cinema score to come out.
Fair enough. I’m going by what a lot of people online are saying and I even know a few people who loved it. IDK how they could from what I’ve read of the movie, but they did.

Too early to tell the effects on the theme parks, although it being just the Disney trilogy from Day 1 I've said has been an issue. Everyone said it wouldn't be a problem but I think there are a lot of diehard fans that will never go to SWGE because of this. How it effects the GP, I think its too early to tell. Rise of Skywalker has a high audience score I believe when I last checked. So, we'll see. Films only been out 1 night haha and even though I personally wasnt a fan I am still processing. But ya, we'll see longterm how this all plays out.
Yeah time is going to be the ultimate telling point. It’s doing great at WDW just because 1) It’s WDW. It’s crowded all the time, especially at this time of year. 2) It’s open first. When it opens at DL, I’m welling to bet that it will underperform. If it’s based only on the new movies and people/fans do not like them, they’re not going to shell out hundreds of dollars to go again.

Fair enough. I’m going by what a lot of people online are saying and I even know a few people who loved it. IDK how they could from what I’ve read of the movie, but they did.

Yeah time is going to be the ultimate telling point. It’s doing great at WDW just because 1) It’s WDW. It’s crowded all the time, especially at this time of year. 2) It’s open first. When it opens at DL, I’m welling to bet that it will underperform. If it’s based only on the new movies and people/fans do not like them, they’re not going to shell out hundreds of dollars to go again.
I think we just need to see the General Public's reaction to the film, most people posting online are likely hardcore fans who are more destined to be pissed off. My theatre was dull last night (no clap for the scroll, wtf! I don't need thunderous applause and cheering but I've never not had people clap at the beginning of the crawl). But, everyone clapped at the end of the film. We shall see, I think its a tad too early to tell.

I think we just need to see the General Public's reaction to the film, most people posting online are likely hardcore fans who are more destined to be pissed off. My theatre was dull last night (no clap for the scroll, wtf! I don't need thunderous applause and cheering but I've never not had people clap at the beginning of the crawl). But, everyone clapped at the end of the film. We shall see, I think its a tad too early to tell.
My theater was packed and was deadly silence. No cheers. No applause. Certainly not the way the Endgame audience was opening night.

As someone that didn't like TFA or TLJ, I thought TROS was a mess, but an improvement over those two films. Some major issues are finally addressed in TROS, but the film doesn't work as a whole since they tried to cram two movies into one. A lot of that is because TLJ failed to move the story forward at all, so they had to compensate for that in TROS. I have mixed feelings on TROS, but it is by far the best of the sequel trilogy.

As someone that didn't like TFA or TLJ, I thought TROS was a mess, but an improvement over those two films. Some major issues are finally addressed in TROS, but the film doesn't work as a whole since they tried to cram two movies into one. A lot of that is because TLJ failed to move the story forward at all, so they had to compensate for that in TROS. I have mixed feelings on TROS, but it is by far the best of the sequel trilogy.

We have a thread for Rise of Skywalker..

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Inside Universal Forums

To those questioning soft opens/cm previews, I can confirm the latter has been happening for a couple of weeks now and the reviews are stellar. From what I've heard, I absolutely can't wait.

I have friends attending DL on New Years Day. Should I tell them to keep an eye out for soft openings?

Can’t wait to ride this thing after I move to LA in February! My only hope is that the land will be as dead as when it first opened, which I doubt. Anyone know if they’re going to go with the boarding group procedures like at DHS right now?

Another example of different writers (in this case imagineers) causing an issue. They were working off TFA & TLJ, but didn’t know anything that would happen in TROS.

sorry, fail to see the problem here. If the ride takes place before the movie, does it really change the narrative of the ride?